FedEx Freight | Wreck on I44 ?

365Volare

TB Veteran
Credits
Has anyone heard one of our drivers turned his rig over on I44 Tues morning??? I just heard about it last night. Guess he was on his way home to STL from SGF.... I'll try to find out more, just hope he is ok. All I know is he was banged up, but survived, thankgoodness... My info said he dropped a soda, reached down for it and lost control. Thats just my info...

Yes, he is ok, the unit is destroyed.

They haven't said, (and probably can't say) what the cause was, however word has been as you said.

At least no one died over this, hopefully it'll work out for him.

FM

Hey,,, who drives 3-4 hrs with nothing to drink or snack on ??????? To HE** with the rule book... SH## happens.... I hope he is ok...

Wasn't trying to sound like A jerk, but just stating what the book said.Hell I drink & eat too.what you said is it should just be a preventable.A few years back driver left sgf and did the same thing ,now is no longer with co.I hope he is ok and will still have a job.

spike said:
Wasn't trying to sound like A jerk, but just stating what the book said.Hell I drink & eat too.what you said is it should just be a preventable.A few years back driver left sgf and did the same thing ,now is no longer with co.I hope he is ok and will still have a job.

Sorry Spike,, I was having a bad moment... Lets hope he doesn't loose his job.

spike said:
Not to good ,no food or drink when driving per road drivers book.

Lets see them enforce this one. Tonight we're having truck inspections at the hub gates....anyone found to have any food or drinks in the cab will recieve a 3 day suspension. This would bring us to a screeching halt, let alone slow us down. Who thinks up this crap anyways. If I could'nt have a cup of jo and a little something to snack on while I'm running down the road then I'd have to find another line of work.

Daredevil said:
Lets see them enforce this one. Tonight we're having truck inspections at the hub gates....anyone found to have any food or drinks in the cab will recieve a 3 day suspension. This would bring us to a screeching halt, let alone slow us down. Who thinks up this crap anyways. If I could'nt have a cup of jo and a little something to snack on while I'm running down the road then I'd have to find another line of work.

Man that is rediculous! I carry a lunch box with me everynight.. Give everybody 3 days off, and freight would grind to a halt !!!!

I'm glad the driver is going to be ok and hopefully they won't fire him. Sounds like a typical double standard at work here though....they don't want you guys to take a real lunch break (Gotta have that freight boys!) but they also don't want you to eat in the truck.....they must figure you guys are machines that never run out of batteries.

Some of you may remember slowhandforAF from the original boards, he had a similar deal dropped a piece of candy I think and bent down to get it, when he looked up he thought he was running off the road and steered right into the rear of a parked truck on the on ramp, they terminated him. Of course that was when we were still AF.

Hopefully this works out for him as he is going through some other things right now and really doesn't need more problems.

FM

This happened to a driver in KCY, he was coming back from SGF in the hills on Hwy 13 northbound and did the same thing, dropped his Pepsi.

His right steer tire went off the edge and he rolled the set down into the woods. Was his first offense, never had an accident anywhere and he was honest about what happened and he was fired.

roog

let me get this straight..your not allowed to have food in your truck?if any of you guys get suspended or terminated over having a lunch box i would take some sort of legal action if you lost pay.i never heard of such a thing and it makes me sick to even think fx would have such a rule.whats next no cb or radio.i really hope you guys are kidding about truck inspections for food.i don't even think that is legal.man this pisses me so bad and i'm not even a road driver.:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

spike said:
Not to good ,no food or drink when driving per road drivers book.

I guess if they start that policy here at National I'll have to get a Dr.'s note. I'm diabetic, doc says eat every two to three hrs.:spam1:

Can't eat in Fed Ex Frt. trucks ?

What else !
I have dropped a coffee ,soda ,other things in the past but they stay there until the unit can be safely stopped and I could clean it up . I eat in my truck every day and have at least 4 bottles of water in there . Maybe the company will start giving us all a extra 15 minuets for lunch and $40 more a week so we can park the truck someplace and go in and get a lunch instead if bringing one from home. Oh and you "Joe Bucker" they will need a doctors excuse so you can stop every 2-3 hours for lunch.