FedEx Freight | Wreck? SHREVEPORT, LA Fedex Freight

It happened Saturday morning on I20 in Shreveport. Two cars were racing at over 100 mph when one of the cars lost control and flipped over the concrete center divider. It hit an oncoming FedEx Freight truck. The MRO driver is in serious condition at the burn unit with a broken pelvis, third degree burns and several other broken bones. The driver of the car was arrested for DWI and drag racing. Don't know the MRO drivers name but heard he was a fairly new hire.

It happened Saturday morning on I20 in Shreveport. Two cars were racing at over 100 mph when one of the cars lost control and flipped over the concrete center divider. It hit an oncoming FedEx Freight truck. The MRO driver is in serious condition at the burn unit with a broken pelvis, third degree burns and several other broken bones. The driver of the car was arrested for DWI and drag racing. Don't know the MRO drivers name but heard he was a fairly new hire.

Aww no man! I got a good friend out of Monroe I see a lot thru the week. I'll try to get some updates on this driver when we get back to work. Damn drunk drivers!

From the news report I don't think this driver will fully recovery, 3rd degree burns are not good. These selfish individuals who caused this will recovery physically.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts and prayers go out to our driver! I hope the drag racer get the book thrown at him but he will probably get a deal with no jail time

your right, the drag racer will have to do community service. 20 hours at a animal shelter or suffer the indignity of picking up trash on the side of road. the drag racer should get 5-10.....

the driver from mro was a new hire, only been there a couple months, was an older fellow with alot of yrs driving experience, he is at LSU burn center now

Hope he gets better soon, keep us updated if you can. Thanks

Sorry guys, thats such a tragic thing when someone is hurt that bad through no fault of their own, I really hope the drag racers get the book thrown at them for this, because of alcohol and dumb desisions a mans life is changed forever, I really do hope and pray that your co-worker recovers completely.

i'm outta jkm and was talkin with a mro driver last nite, he says the man is in real good spirits, will have a hip replacement and his wrist fixed and with therapy and everything should be alright in 4 to 6 months

i'm outta jkm and was talkin with a mro driver last nite, he says the man is in real good spirits, will have a hip replacement and his wrist fixed and with therapy and everything should be alright in 4 to 6 months

thank god for that/my prays will go out to him and his family/god bless

i'll try and keep an update on his situation and let yall kno, also i'm in the beginings of a divorce so if yall would say a prayer for me, thanks