FedEx Freight | Wrecks, Wrecks

imported_Spooner

TB Lurker
Credits
What a bad week for Fed Ex and National in general. Lost 2 fed ex in wyo this week and one or two in Ill. One of those accidents was National confirmed by one our "National"teams, the other one was from another "trucker" in the truck stop. Spent 12 hrs in Ft Bridger waiting for the roads to open. If the roads to bad park it. We went by several trucks parked in motels freight ground national etc. Us? Hey we were all chained up and just kept trucking to the state line. Saw a bad one in rock springs They said the driver burned up in it (not Ours) Drive safe out there Guys No Frieght is worth a accident on my driving record

What a bad week for Fed Ex and National in general. Lost 2 fed ex in wyo this week and one or two in Ill. One of those accidents was National confirmed by one our "National"teams, the other one was from another "trucker" in the truck stop. Spent 12 hrs in Ft Bridger waiting for the roads to open. If the roads to bad park it. We went by several trucks parked in motels freight ground national etc. Us? Hey we were all chained up and just kept trucking to the state line. Saw a bad one in rock springs They said the driver burned up in it (not Ours) Drive safe out there Guys No Frieght is worth a accident on my driving record

I'm confused. Your post tells to "park it" and no freight is worth an accident. Yet, YOU were the one still driving on unsafe roads.

I'm confused. Your post tells to "park it" and no freight is worth an accident. Yet, YOU were the one still driving on unsafe roads.

You seem to have left out the part of his post that said " We were all CHAINED UP and kept on trucking"...How handy....... I had a convesation with 1 of our Saftey Supervisors a couple of years back and he said we had never had (at our location, in his tenure I presume) a truck wreck involving 1 of our trucks that was Chained Up......Point being if they were chained upped(sorry for the spelling) they were doing it right and not being unsafe as you state.:biglaugh:

Well if you feel you cant keep it on the road then you should park it at the motel. What i meant was dont be STUIPD out there like i saw this week. How can a guy rearend another truck? Guess the snow was blowing so hard he couldnt see the truck stopped in front of him in the fast lane (that closed the west bound in cheyenne) East bound was closed because the drivers couldnt see the road so they just drove off the highway and what is that fxf driver thinking taking the off ramp so fast on packed snow that he flopps the trailer over at the bottom of the ramp? I dont care if you crash (well I dont wish that on anyone) but now you got me involved because I got tositting in a truckstop waiting for the road to open causing me to be 7 hours late on my run. Only good thing out of that is I had breafast with 3 FX Ground teams and learned some stuff. Drivers drive safe or pull over and get out of my way LOL

Well if you feel you cant keep it on the road then you should park it at the motel. What i meant was dont be STUIPD out there like i saw this week. How can a guy rearend another truck? Guess the snow was blowing so hard he couldnt see the truck stopped in front of him in the fast lane (that closed the west bound in cheyenne) East bound was closed because the drivers couldnt see the road so they just drove off the highway and what is that fxf driver thinking taking the off ramp so fast on packed snow that he flopps the trailer over at the bottom of the ramp? I dont care if you crash (well I dont wish that on anyone) but now you got me involved because I got tositting in a truckstop waiting for the road to open causing me to be 7 hours late on my run. Only good thing out of that is I had breafast with 3 FX Ground teams and learned some stuff. Drivers drive safe or pull over and get out of my way LOL

I and one other driver from Den where dispatched out that fri @ noon. When they already had drivers in the motel. Den to Rawlins, Wy it took 6.5 hrs for a 240 miles. Den told us to get a motel their that night. CNC doesn't care this last Fri the roads in Ks were impassable drivers in motels everywhere and they still dispatched drivers out. The frt has to get out of the yard.
Be safe everyone:1036316054:

Why dispatch out the truck if they know its not going to get there safely. I have been asking out running the southern route in weather like this and was told that all they care about is the milage. I said sounds like it would cheaper to pay extra miles to get it ontime and safely but I guess its all about the numbers

Why dispatch out the truck if they know its not going to get there safely. I have been asking out running the southern route in weather like this and was told that all they care about is the milage. I said sounds like it would cheaper to pay extra miles to get it ontime and safely but I guess its all about the numbers

If I remember right that as soon as they mark the bill late due to weather its not late, I could be wrong. The saftey part of it gets me and I don't know. I know of at least one team out by the 248 m/m in Wy that Friday nite that lost the back trl. They were ok the trk and 1st trl stayed up. The guys that meet us at Wamsutter,Wy didn't make it till Sat. All drivers can do is go and be safe as possible and just get to a trk stop or motel when they had enough. CNC will contiue to try and move the frt and its up to each to keep the trk moving or just call in and shut it down.
:TR10driving03:

You seem to have left out the part of his post that said " We were all CHAINED UP and kept on trucking"...How handy....... I had a convesation with 1 of our Saftey Supervisors a couple of years back and he said we had never had (at our location, in his tenure I presume) a truck wreck involving 1 of our trucks that was Chained Up......Point being if they were chained upped(sorry for the spelling) they were doing it right and not being unsafe as you state.:biglaugh:

umm are the chains you speak of the ones in the shiny little box attached to the frame of my truck? huh thought those where there just to make the truck look cool :smilie_132:

umm are the chains you speak of the ones in the shiny little box attached to the frame of my truck? huh thought those where there just to make the truck look cool :smilie_132: