R&L | Write Ups !!!!

I guess they are still doing those write ups. I worked there 7 years ago for a month and I quit and told the manager he can stick it up his *ss. I got wrote up 3 times for not putting tc on my log book for tire check. The manager threaten to terminate me so I told him to shove that write up where the sun doesn't shine.

wow that is f$%$ed i never had to put tc on my logs.:nutkick:

I guess they are still doing those write ups. I worked there 7 years ago for a month and I quit and told the manager he can stick it up his *ss. I got wrote up 3 times for not putting tc on my log book for tire check. The manager threaten to terminate me so I told him to shove that write up where the sun doesn't shine.

lets think back seven years
fedaral regulations required you to stop every 100 miles or 2 hrs. and do a tirecheck when hauling haz-mat. regs. also required that such check be noted on your log. you didn't do this 3 times and got wrote up.
AND YOU THINK IT WAS THE TERMINAL MANAGERS FAULT
YOUR ALL MESSED UP SON :duh:

I know it was my fault but I thought it was such a minor thing for getting wrote up for. Maybe one write up for all three mistakes- but not threatening me with termination. Every other job I had they would have just given me my log back and told me to correct it- if it became a habit then they would write me up. R&L wrote me up the very first time. I have no write ups prior to R&L (8 years) and after at Conway and Roadway.

I know it was my fault but I thought it was such a minor thing for getting wrote up for. Maybe one write up for all three mistakes- but not threatening me with termination. Every other job I had they would have just given me my log back and told me to correct it- if it became a habit then they would write me up. R&L wrote me up the very first time. I have no write ups prior to R&L (8 years) and after at Conway and Roadway.

They used to send back mistakes for correction but something changed now and you cant fart in your tractor now without being written up.Tread lightly is all I can give for advice.Do everything as good as possible.Hell you cant even forget to punch in anymore without an automatic write up.

Write ups

Things are going from bad to worse in the freight industry R & L is just looking out for themselves. They are going to probably make cutbacks somewhere
and those of you who are getting written up are going to make the :shit:list. Nothing new they need to save money and nitpick you right out onto the street.:nutkick:

They used to send back mistakes for correction but something changed now and you cant fart in your tractor now without being written up.Tread lightly is all I can give for advice.Do everything as good as possible.Hell you cant even forget to punch in anymore without an automatic write up.
you should probably do your log right the first time:biglaugh:Ater all when you turn it in, you sign it< with the understand that everything is true and correct> under the penalty of perjury, so I would tell them I cannot make corrections after the fact because that would be lieing and that is considered an act of dishonsety:biglaugh:

Well lucky for me that I don't do logs,I'm a city driver but when I do have to do logs I do them right the first time.

When we get a log violation it scranton, we just sign whats in our box and put it back there. Nothing else ever comes of it. I've got a bunch myself over the 3 years I've worked here. Besides, everybody makes mistakes right?

:butt kiss:
What kind of stupid things are people getting written up about ? I haven't heard of any more write ups than usual at my terminal. Occasionally someone gets written up about something, I don't think it is out of control. Of couse, people may be getting written up, and just not talking about it, so then of couse I wouldn't know about it... Hope it gets better at your terminal...

Hey BraceFace you sound like you got it made where your at? Just one thing bothers me about your comment,either your one of these people from the Mid West that buys into the B.S. their feeding you, or you are management? Because anyone with a little common sense can see that this company is not run like a Trucking Co., its more like being back in High School. This Company should be a topflight T.C. but they rather play games and try to succeed in always having a high turn-around rate by starting paper trails and other insignifficant nonsense.

Did you get a paper trail on you in high school..??? Papertrails are created by the person causing the papertrails....I have never and I repeat, NEVER fired or terminated anyone in over 25 years...But I have had plenty get themselves fired over the years, dock, drivers , managers, supervisors, for not abiding by the policies...My favorite thing is when a guy has wasted the last straw, and he is sitting in my office, then asks me, &quot;are you firing me?&quot; I will always answer the same way every time. &quot;Nope, you're firing you, I am just enforcing the policies.&quot; And my favorite reply from all those times has been this one...&quot;Oh.&quot;...kind of says it all...

Hey BraceFace you sound like you got it made where your at? Just one thing bothers me about your comment,either your one of these people from the Mid West that buys into the B.S. their feeding you, or you are management? Because anyone with a little common sense can see that this company is not run like a Trucking Co., its more like being back in High School. This Company should be a topflight T.C. but they rather play games and try to succeed in always having a high turn-around rate by starting paper trails and other insignifficant nonsense.

Not from the midwest or in management...I think every terminal is different, depends on who is running it..I do my job, and I'm left alone to do it...That is the way it should be..I'm not saying everything is perfect, but I've worked at places that were alot worse...R&L has provided well for my family and me over the years, and anyone can say whatever they want about the company, but for one am thankful for my job...As for as having &quot;high turn-around rates&quot; i'm not sure I know what you mean..If you saying they have a high driver turnover rate, they may at some terminals, but we hardly ever lose a driver...If we do, it is usually from retirement...

Not from the midwest or in management...I think every terminal is different, depends on who is running it..I do my job, and I'm left alone to do it...That is the way it should be..I'm not saying everything is perfect, but I've worked at places that were alot worse...R&L has provided well for my family and me over the years, and anyone can say whatever they want about the company, but for one am thankful for my job...As for as having &quot;high turn-around rates&quot; i'm not sure I know what you mean..If you saying they have a high driver turnover rate, they may at some terminals, but we hardly ever lose a driver...If we do, it is usually from retirement...

Your right brace it does depends on who is calling the shots.And for the driver turn around rate I think the NEW DRIVERS see how many stops we do {like out here in Phi} the don't want that.And they don't bother me I do what I can get it done they leave me alone I don't go and sit under a tree and eat ritas water ice while someone else does all my pickups. And OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND.Works on the dock when your waiting for your bills.

I agree with 2nd Shift on this one. Most of our turnover is in the for 90 days. People that are looking for a job doesn't listen when the job is explained to them. We do make a lot of deliveries and pick ups. The comments I have heard is I cannot do this, this is too much. It is not for everyone.

PHI has always been OVER-MANAGED. That the TM's middle name.........&quot;Write-ups&quot;. I guess having a three hour cummute everyday you would be pissed off @ the world too.:chairshot: