TForce | write ups

alittledefiant

TB Lurker
Credits
I know this has been up here for discussion before, but we now have three in our barn that have been told that they have three write ups for failure to follow directions and next will be three days off with final notice.the B/A says its bs but my feeling is this is bad for morale and health of the employee that a manager can trump up three things against you because he doesn't like the way you comb your hair! if this is a true thing they can use against us,should we not been shown in writing and signed off on it.after all it seems we sign off on some thing every day now.

i got a red card for not using the hand rail before i was even on the clock last friday. how many of them before i get a day off? failure to follow directions sounds like a good way for management to fire someone whenever they want. i wonder how i am to use a hand rail while using a hand cart to do an inside dl? we also have a issue with weight limit.if u lift something to heavy and get hurt its a unsafe work practice.but if u lift the same weight and all goes well its ok.

A manager has 9 days after the infraction to give a write up so that is bs and a scare tactic, also red cards are not to be used for disciplinary action just a reminder.

I dont know about the rest of you but anytime I have been given a b.s. write up my production numbers go way down due to lack of pride :eck13:
Just a thought for all the Managers that frequent the forums.
are your numbers where you need them to be?
KarenK

Also, do not sign these red/yellow cards. I don't even acknowledge them. A yellow card, whoopie do! Don't sign it.Again, these are to correct bad habits and should not be used as disclipline.

I know this has been up here for discussion before, but we now have three in our barn that have been told that they have three write ups for failure to follow directions and next will be three days off with final notice.the B/A says its bs but my feeling is this is bad for morale and health of the employee that a manager can trump up three things against you because he doesn't like the way you comb your hair! if this is a true thing they can use against us,should we not been shown in writing and signed off on it.after all it seems we sign off on some thing every day now.

Just remember to always file a rebutal form for any write-ups no matter what.

i got a red card for not using the hand rail before i was even on the clock last friday. how many of them before i get a day off? failure to follow directions sounds like a good way for management to fire someone whenever they want. i wonder how i am to use a hand rail while using a hand cart to do an inside dl? we also have a issue with weight limit.if u lift something to heavy and get hurt its a unsafe work practice.but if u lift the same weight and all goes well its ok.

Dont sign it. It was not negotiated into the contract. The proper diciplinary procedure (verbal, written, suspension, termination) was, and that is not part of it.
As far as lifting something too heavy, get help. You will not only avoid a unsafe work practice issue, you will save your back.

Just remember to always file a rebutal form for any write-ups no matter what.

Exactly! :1036316054:

Don't take Warning Letters lightly!

Challenge each and every one of them!

Don't allow them to pile up!

Warning Letters lay the ground work for more serious consequence(s)

Your local should be challenging Warning Letters automatically...

Just don't get caught up in thinking that - that is enough...

File Your own grievance demanding immediate withdrawal!

Documenting the incident and or circumstances surrounding the alleged violation...

Attach a copy of this documentation to Your grievance!

Provide substantiating evidence - clearing Yourself of responsibility...

(example: You weren't trained properly, it was a past practice, it's not a contractual violation and/or You were doing what You were told)

Then provide article number(s) that the warning letter violates...

I guarantee You that 90-95% of all the Warning Letters written to date (nationwide) that the individual in question didn't violate any article in the UPSFA...

If there wasn't a contractual violation mentioned - then that in itself is grounds for an immediate withdrawal... reducing this warning letter to nothing more then a verbal council - eliminating any sort of paper trail

:smilie_132:Remember… We are Innocent until Proven Guilty!

Providing a rebuttal – requires the company to Prove Our Guilt!

Exactly! :1036316054:

Don't take Warning Letters lightly!

Challenge each and every one of them!

Don't allow them to pile up!

Warning Letters lay the ground work for more serious consequence(s)

Your local should be challenging Warning Letters automatically...

Just don't get caught up in thinking that - that is enough...

File Your own grievance demanding immediate withdrawal!

Documenting the incident and or circumstances surrounding the alleged violation...

Attach a copy of this documentation to Your grievance!

Provide substantiating evidence - clearing Yourself of responsibility...

(example: You weren't trained properly, it was a past practice, it's not a contractual violation and/or You were doing what You were told)

Then provide article number(s) that the warning letter violates...

I guarantee You that 90-95% of all the Warning Letters written to date (nationwide) that the individual in question didn't violate any article in the UPSFA...

If there wasn't a contractual violation mentioned - then that in itself is grounds for an immediate withdrawal... reducing this warning letter to nothing more then a verbal council - eliminating any sort of paper trail

:smilie_132:Remember… We are Innocent until Proven Guilty!

Providing a rebuttal – requires the company to Prove Our Guilt!
I hope all locations are following NiKDiesels words here this is what we all need to do to protect ourselves.

Here is a question for someone that would know... We have a supervisor that runs up and down the stairs like a maniac without using the handrails. If we get written up for not using the handrails, What happens to the management?? Nothing?? WTF???

Here is a question for someone that would know... We have a supervisor that runs up and down the stairs like a maniac without using the handrails. If we get written up for not using the handrails, What happens to the management?? Nothing?? WTF???

It should work both ways. Take a picture of them not practicing what they preach like our Steward does. He uses it as ammo.
We have a nice photo album of management messing up.