TForce | Writing your Congressmen

I wonder how many believed the big "O" when they said all the negative things about the union. I realize we are in a different situation now but I wonder how many would sit down on the clock and write a letter supporting Fed Ex Express to remain in the RLA.

Boy Fred must of had a lot of politicians in his pocket at that time. I think Freds got a hole in his pocket now. If you work at UPS, or where ever you work, you need to do everything you can do to secure a strong future for you your family your co-workers and your company.

Boy Fred must of had a lot of politicians in his pocket at that time. I think Freds got a hole in his pocket now. If you work at UPS, or where ever you work, you need to do everything you can do to secure a strong future for you your family your co-workers and your company.
absolutely right......whats wrong with people.

what pisses me off the most with fedex compaign is that they are telling the public brown is receiving a bailout just like banks and auto companies, which is completly un true. fedex started as an airline. ups started as a trucking company. with as many fedex freigh and ground trailers i see out on the road i cant possibly believe that 85 % of goods travels by plane while 85% of ups good travel on ground. but does anyone have any proof that says other wise?

FedEx is also telling your (ours) customers that UPSF is not a good company to ship with because we are union and we could have a work stoppage at any time because we are union. That's right, its yours (our) jobs. Maybe that loop hole that FedEx has just might put many of you out of a job some day.

Being everyone seems so concerned about their future and the companies long term health, why were the letters not written OFF the clock? Must have cost alot of money to do this.

FedEx is also telling your (ours) customers that UPSF is not a good company to ship with because we are union and we could have a work stoppage at any time because we are union.
That is the way it works with competition. You try and set yourself apart from the competition.
They're not lying either...except for the timeline.
The strike would be at contract time... but it is a possibility...and they are using it to their advantage.

Isn't UPS picking up customers by using the scare tactic about not knowing what will happen to their freight when YRC goes out?

That's right, its yours (our) jobs. Maybe that loop hole that FedEx has just might put many of you out of a job some day.
That loophole doesn't affect us at UPS Freight because we don't directly compete with FedEx Express.
We directly compete with FedEx Freight...which is governed by the same rules we follow.

They won't even pay us in Memphis for our first 30 minutes of clock time if our loads are not ready and there willing to pay me to write a letter. I will write the letter when they honor our contract. How did our union loose this issue at the Nationals? The contract states you will be paid for all time spent. I refuse to work for free.

That is the way it works with competition. You try and set yourself apart from the competition.
They're not lying either...except for the timeline.
The strike would be at contract time... but it is a possibility...and they are using it to their advantage.

Isn't UPS picking up customers by using the scare tactic about not knowing what will happen to their freight when YRC goes out?

That loophole doesn't affect us at UPS Freight because we don't directly compete with FedEx Express.
We directly compete with FedEx Freight...which is governed by the same rules we follow.

Being a UPS company, It does affect all employees of UPS/UPSF.

They won't even pay us in Memphis for our first 30 minutes of clock time if our loads are not ready and there willing to pay me to write a letter. I will write the letter when they honor our contract. How did our union loose this issue at the Nationals? The contract states you will be paid for all time spent. I refuse to work for free.

Our Union did not lose this at National Panel it was deadlocked, meaning that it went to arbitration.
I guess you'll show them by not writing a letter that will benefit you!

Being everyone seems so concerned about their future and the companies long term health, why were the letters not written OFF the clock? Must have cost alot of money to do this.

Before the company and UPS started their campaign I did exactly that. I wrote as well as e-mailed the senators from my state as well as 3 border states.

Before the company and UPS started their campaign I did exactly that. I wrote as well as e-mailed the senators from my state as well as 3 border states.
You do realize the ones in the border states do Not represent you since they are not one of your elected officials..... unless of course you vote in more than one state. Any association with ACORN?:biglaugh:

didn't acorn changed their name?

When they started in Arkansas they were "Arkansas Community Organizations for Reform Now"

They later changed their name to "Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now"

but the abbreviation is still ACORN

I ghess I should have made myself more clear. We didn't win. It did go to arbitration as did the issue with contractor carriers back in January. Maybe you (Rocketman) can tell us when these issues will actually be heard, because no one in Memphis knows, or do you keep everything a secret from the members at your barn as well. If it sounds like I have a bad attitude well I do. If you care to know why I will send you a message. All I meant in my previous post was why did it have to go to the arbitrator? The contract is clear. If I'm told to be at work at 9 p.m. then I should be able to go on the clock at 9p.m. We get paid as an hourly employee for drops and hooks right? What would a city driver do if he was told not to clock in because his load was not ready at his scheduled start time, the start time that he bid on? I think that it certainly would not have to go to an arbitrator to be decided, most likely it would not even go past the first day it happened. Why should a linehall driver be any different? Maybe I'm just ignorant because I don't understand. Maybe you could explain it to me and help me get my attitude right. Our job stewards in Memphis only tells us what they want us to know. I understand that there are certain things that should be kept quiet until the right time, but I am a dues paying member that has supported this union since 1995, and when a job steward tells me to mind my own business when I question him about signing in and out, which it states in the contract that all drivers must sign in and out, it will give me a bad attitude. I feel that I'm just as much a part of this union as anyone else and anything that concerns this union is my business. I hope that you treat the members at your barn with the respect that they diserve. Ya'll have a good one.

I ghess I should have made myself more clear. We didn't win. It did go to arbitration as did the issue with contractor carriers back in January. Maybe you (Rocketman) can tell us when these issues will actually be heard, because no one in Memphis knows, or do you keep everything a secret from the members at your barn as well. If it sounds like I have a bad attitude well I do. If you care to know why I will send you a message. All I meant in my previous post was why did it have to go to the arbitrator? The contract is clear. If I'm told to be at work at 9 p.m. then I should be able to go on the clock at 9p.m. We get paid as an hourly employee for drops and hooks right? What would a city driver do if he was told not to clock in because his load was not ready at his scheduled start time, the start time that he bid on? I think that it certainly would not have to go to an arbitrator to be decided, most likely it would not even go past the first day it happened. Why should a linehall driver be any different? Maybe I'm just ignorant because I don't understand. Maybe you could explain it to me and help me get my attitude right. Our job stewards in Memphis only tells us what they want us to know. I understand that there are certain things that should be kept quiet until the right time, but I am a dues paying member that has supported this union since 1995, and when a job steward tells me to mind my own business when I question him about signing in and out, which it states in the contract that all drivers must sign in and out, it will give me a bad attitude. I feel that I'm just as much a part of this union as anyone else and anything that concerns this union is my business. I hope that you treat the members at your barn with the respect that they diserve. Ya'll have a good one.

I agree with you 100%!!!! :clap:

alot of guys at my barn didnt write a letter cuz they think they are" stickin it to the man" most of these guys are the same guys that should feel guilty for the paycheck they get for doing nothing all night. about a quarter of our dock......does the bare minimum and acts like they are too stupid and lazy to do anything.......if i didnt see it with my own eyes i wouldnt believe that it was true. breaking one 10 bill skid load in 8 hours.....unbelievable.

alot of guys at my barn didnt write a letter cuz they think they are" stickin it to the man" most of these guys are the same guys that should feel guilty for the paycheck they get for doing nothing all night. about a quarter of our dock......does the bare minimum and acts like they are too stupid and lazy to do anything.......if i didnt see it with my own eyes i wouldnt believe that it was true. breaking one 10 bill skid load in 8 hours.....unbelievable.
All of us will be out of a job if there are lots of workers like that!