TForce | Written up for taking breaks!!!

Apo:

Thats a lot of stuff for as few as 20 minutes

Line Drivers have 18min to Find both trailers, spot them, hook them, and pretrip them, (I'm sure you've seen the list now that the mechanics do no prevent. maint.)

That's not including the paperwork and waiting for dispatch to get good and ready, you know.

And 6 mins to fuel??? Don't get me started on that.

All that and the Brown nose committee breathing down your neck.

All this for a wopping .5 or $10. This is at least an hour of work. $10 an hour! I made $10 an hour 10 years ago.

Alright, that's enough bit**in, please forgive me.:chairshot:

Steve,

What I like best is when our outbound supervisor EXPECTS you to get it done in 18 minutes. I just laughed at him. I invited him to come watch me and he declined. Once he asked me if I could hook in 10 minutes. I said I could, but I couldn't promise they'd make it down the road. I asked him if he wanted it done quickly or safely?

This whole system is broken. Us road drivers have been taking in the you know what for a long time. That is the whole point in the lawsuit out of Charlotte. A few drivers just got tired of getting screwed.

I agree. It should be .50 (1/2 hr) to hook, .25 (1/4 hr) to Pretrip, and .25 for fuel. Total of 1 hour paid for 1 hour worked.

To get back on topic, if a manager tried to jump me for where I take my break, he would be getting a call from HR. They won't tell you to do what your told and don't cause trouble. Give them a call UPSF nate. The number is in the policy book. Don't let Mgt get away with this BS. And your fellow employees should stand behind you.

And your fellow employees should stand behind you.

Good luck with that one. Certainly those who stand to gain in terms of seniority won't have your back. I've seen it myself more than once. And even in my situation at another company. I was all alone.

Well If I was there I would, were not talking about a violation or a stretching of the rules already outlined in the book, this guy is making up his own BS rules from his own personal book.

This is about control, not protecting the company's interest. Next he will be telling them what they can and can't eat on said lunch break.

Apo:

Line Drivers have 18min to Find both trailers, spot them, hook them, and pretrip them, (I'm sure you've seen the list now that the mechanics do no prevent. maint.)

That's not including the paperwork and waiting for dispatch to get good and ready, you know.

And 6 mins to fuel??? Don't get me started on that.

All that and the Brown nose committee breathing down your neck.

All this for a wopping .5 or $10. This is at least an hour of work. $10 an hour! I made $10 an hour 10 years ago.

Alright, that's enough bit**in, please forgive me.:chairshot:

I have to follow up I don't want too but I have to. When the UPS Parcel boys came to PHO to "teach" us how to pretrip a Commercial Motor Vehicle. :chairshot: (17 years and I've not quiet figured that job out yet) I was told that to "Properly pretrip a tractor and a pup takes 20 min. 40 min. for a set and 65 minutes for triples!" Why does my paycheck not re-fleck these times? I agree with Steve, Forgive me.

So let me get this issue straight.
You linehaul drivers have to show up on time for your shift.
Then hang around your terminal till your loads are closed out,and ready to be hooked up.
When your good to go,and assigned your trailer numbers if theres no yard jokey to get the set ready.
You drivers have to go into race mode,and get going out on you run in just 18 minutes?

Well if this is the case,who knows the phone number for an OHSA rep to lean on UPS in your behalf?

There is something very wrong with this picture.
Safety first?
Maybe they need to tack on a few more minutes to make this task,a tad more safe.
If they preech safety,than why are they making it next to imppossible to be safe?
Here I thought us city slugs had it bad with the time restraints.
It looks like all of us UPS Freight drivers are in the same boat,on this timed issue.

So let me get this issue straight.
You linehaul drivers have to show up on time for your shift.
Then hang around your terminal till your loads are closed out,and ready to be hooked up.
When your good to go,and assigned your trailer numbers if theres no yard jokey to get the set ready.
You drivers have to go into race mode,and get going out on you run in just 18 minutes?

Well if this is the case,who knows the phone number for an OHSA rep to lean on UPS in your behalf?

There is something very wrong with this picture.
Safety first?
Maybe they need to tack on a few more minutes to make this task,a tad more safe.
If they preech safety,than why are they making it next to imppossible to be safe?
Here I thought us city slugs had it bad with the time restraints.
It looks like all of us UPS Freight drivers are in the same boat,on this timed issue.

Its only an issue when they have our loads ready. Most of the time we are waiting for freight for hours on end WITH OUT pay and then there seems to be no problems at all.

Heard a driver at a local UPSF barn near mine was terminated for taking a break.
This break consisted of taking the time to drive out of his peddle area to a Home Improvement store, going in and shopping, coming out with items and than returning to his peddle area.
He did not enter Delay for Lunch or Break on his Diad. He later entered his Delay for Lunch toward the end of his shift.
He was being followed/observed and to UPS's eyes, he stole time.

Common sense would tell you using company equipment for personal gain and than entering a lunch break at a later time is a no no.

Heard a driver at a local UPSF barn near mine was terminated for taking a break.
This break consisted of taking the time to drive out of his peddle area to a Home Improvement store, going in and shopping, coming out with items and than returning to his peddle area.
He did not enter Delay for Lunch or Break on his Diad. He later entered his Delay for Lunch toward the end of his shift.

Common sense would tell you using company equipment for personal gain and than entering a lunch break at a later time is a no no.

There has been mention on occasion of this Happening ,I am surprised it has'nt sunk in yet, reality is a true awakening some times.

Lots of stupidity on his part.

I am sorry this happened, but the sit himself up for it. The Union can not help in this situation especially when working with UPS. However they can help in a case I know about where a driver is being railroaded by the RDO because a shipment showed up shortage short a day later at another terminal. Not at the time of unloading, but a day after it was unloaded and then someone, mgr, supervisor then shows it short because they do not know where it went. They can help employees from this absurd crap.

We all will find that as time go's on and we become union, We will here these words alot more often, (stealing time) If managment has it out for you, Watch your back. You can be stealing time just shooting the sh-t in the yard on company time.

We all will find that as time go's on and we become union, We will here these words alot more often, (stealing time) If managment has it out for you, Watch your back. You can be stealing time just shooting the sh-t in the yard on company time.
That is so true!
I see that at my barn all the time.
However it's more blatant than just the occasional talk. It's more like 15+ minutes of killing time so they can round off their hours before they punch out.
Sometimes even standing at the time clock and waiting for the correct time of their choice before they punch out.
I personally do not agree with it. They are so frickin obvious that they bring about the rules on themselves and than whine about it.
It's a matter of time before the managers finally get the balls enough to stop it.

That is so true!
I see that at my barn all the time.
However it's more blatant than just the occasional talk. It's more like 15+ minutes of killing time so they can round off their hours before they punch out.
Sometimes even standing at the time clock and waiting for the correct time of their choice before they punch out.
I personally do not agree with it. They are so frickin obvious that they bring about the rules on themselves and than whine about it.
It's a matter of time before the managers finally get the balls enough to stop it.

Yes I agree, Even with union protection, The union cannot help you when it comes to stealing time and that is why managment loves the term, stealing time.