XPO | Wrong weight on load manifest

Already did it. Oddly enough, my life actually improved in many ways!

Left that award winning career that is. If I had won the jackpot, I sure as hell wouldn't be on the web right now lol.

Already did it. Oddly enough, my life actually improved in many ways!

Left that award winning career that is. If I had won the jackpot, I sure as hell wouldn't be on the web right now lol.
There’s life after freight??? Good God, I hope so! My aching shoulders, back, knee and hip joints would never forgive me if I wasn’t looking for a new job every other day.

Pretty much. I left con-way as a linehaul driver, went to ABF and did p&d. It was great at first, 60 hr week, $1500-$1600.00 check, hated the whole U aspect of things, but it still felt kinda old school. Winter comes along, and if you aren't laid off, daily bidding start times, crap vacation policy etc. made anything I made pale in comparison to everything else. Hated it, and spent all day browsing indeed while on customers docks, etc.

Anyway, point being, it's great. Leave the house at 7am, come home in time to eat with the family, get a good night sleep..my freight days are now just a story I can tell lol.

I still hang out on here to keep up with the rumor mill, and get my fill of what's happening.

Pretty much. I left con-way as a linehaul driver, went to ABF and did p&d. It was great at first, 60 hr week, $1500-$1600.00 check, hated the whole U aspect of things, but it still felt kinda old school. Winter comes along, and if you aren't laid off, daily bidding start times, crap vacation policy etc. made anything I made pale in comparison to everything else. Hated it, and spent all day browsing indeed while on customers docks, etc.

Anyway, point being, it's great. Leave the house at 7am, come home in time to eat with the family, get a good night sleep..my freight days are now just a story I can tell lol.

I still hang out on here to keep up with the rumor mill, and get my fill of what's happening.
Sounds like you landed on your feet!! I’ve got 25 years in with the Teamsters and can retire anytime I recently found out. Now, it’s just a matter of finding something else that’s easier on the body. Once that happens, I put in my paperwork to begin drawing my pension.

Sounds like you landed on your feet!! I’ve got 25 years in with the Teamsters and can retire anytime I recently found out. Now, it’s just a matter of finding something else that’s easier on the body. Once that happens, I put in my paperwork to begin drawing my pension.

Nothing wrong with an early retirement! Heck, a part time gig handing out baskets at Wal-Mart could be what the Dr. ordered to fill the fluff between when you wake up, and when you go to bed. Honestly, I think cart assistant in the parking lot is where it's at though. I meam, hook up 10-15 buggies in a line, finagle them through the parking lot aisles, dodging inattentive backers, pissing people off as you cross the thru-way in front of the store..by God, it's almost like bein' a truck driver!

Nothing wrong with an early retirement! Heck, a part time gig handing out baskets at Wal-Mart could be what the Dr. ordered to fill the fluff between when you wake up, and when you go to bed. Honestly, I think cart assistant in the parking lot is where it's at though. I meam, hook up 10-15 buggies in a line, finagle them through the parking lot aisles, dodging inattentive backers, pissing people off as you cross the thru-way in front of the store..by God, it's almost like bein' a truck driver!
Just trade out a few words in your post, and it IS like being a truck driver! Whatever I do choose to do, it’ll be less physical/stressful than what I’m doing now.

When I retired, I figured I'd take a few months off, then find an easy part time job. After those few months, I realized I liked not having to be at a certain place at a certain time. I gave up my CDL and haven't been employed since (notice that I did NOT say I haven't worked...plenty of honey do's).

When I retired, I figured I'd take a few months off, then find an easy part time job. After those few months, I realized I liked not having to be at a certain place at a certain time. I gave up my CDL and haven't been employed since (notice that I did NOT say I haven't worked...plenty of honey do's).
Pure nirvana.