FedEx Freight | wrongful chargeables

mr postman

TB Lurker
Credits
has anyone been charged for an accident or anything else that they should not of been,or know of anyone else that has.I have heard of several instances lately.

has anyone been charged for an accident or anything else that they should not of been,or know of anyone else that has.I have heard of several instances lately.

Yes. I was charged for interior damage to a truck that I didn't do.
Somebody got pissed off and smashed the EATON VORAD device atop the dash and management pinned it on me.
Reason being...I was supposedly the last person to drive it and I didn't write up the damage on the VCR.
Did I mention that I'm sooooooo glad to be leaving this scumbag company in a short while?
If I didn't, I'll mention it AGAIN!!!!!!

Guess that makes up for the big screens you've admited destroying. I hope your employees treat their employer better than you have treated yours. I'll miss your posts Mike. No matter how pissed I am at the company, I find myself supporting the company over your twisted views. P.S...when is your last day?

A few years back there was a problem with the hydraulic cylinders on the auto release 5th wheels but the company put into the hide out file and as far as I know all drivers received preventables! Me included, I appealed but it went no where!

Had a guy at our barn who had a punk kid run into his trailer. Police responded and wrote the kid a ticket. Kids fault, not the freight drivers fault. Ruled as a preventable. Appealed by the driver, and still ruled as a preventable. Fedex is above the law now.

Sorry got off track. Wording in the accident report is most important. I.E. The deer (insert proper noun here) hit me. Not, I hit the deer. E.G. may not be specifc to circumstance but, if it truley is a non-chargable, it needs to be worded so it looks like the driver was not at fault.

A few years back there was a problem with the hydraulic cylinders on the auto release 5th wheels but the company put into the hide out file and as far as I know all drivers received preventables! Me included, I appealed but it went no where!

That's interesting. I recently had a problem with the same cylinder. Fortunately it only involved a minor drop with no damage. I had the mechanic cut the airline to the fifth wheel. Apparently those cylinders fail a lot. I don't trust them. I had to literally reach under and push the handle in because there was so much back pressure inside the cylinder. Seems absurd to get blamed for an obvious equipment failure.

The person in the hill at Safety is, well lets just say if you knew him, you'd understand why our safety dept has no ryhme or reason to anything.

A old driver at our place was almost arrested for a hit and run that didn't happen. He was turning into a lot and a car was parked on the street with body damage already to it. The guy guy called the cops and said he hit his car. He would've gone to jail if it wasn't for a video and a witness that said he didn't do it and that the cad already had all that damage. He still got a chargeable from it because the guy called the company.

a old driver at our place was almost arrested for a hit and run that didn't happen. He was turning into a lot and a car was parked on the street with body damage already to it. The guy guy called the cops and said he hit his car. He would've gone to jail if it wasn't for a video and a witness that said he didn't do it and that the cad already had all that damage. He still got a chargeable from it because the guy called the company.
wow !!!!!!!

I have one for you drivers. I was redelivering a shipment that was brought back from the previous day. Reason being, the driver couldnt deliver it due to a low clearance at a mall 13' 3". It's one of those malls where the shipping and receiving is underground. So I told my boss that there is a low clearance and cant make it in there. He said that we go in there all the time. So I went in. I hit a steel roll up door and damaged it. I reported it, got a preventable on it. The safety manager, the safety manager that has never driven a truck before, no LTL experience whatsoever, how did he get this job? Anyways getting back to me, he ruled it a preventable. Reason being, even though I called about it, and he said even if a 100 drivers told me that we can go in there, dont go in there. I was doing my job and was doing a delivery and I got a chargeable at the expense of their egos. They dont care if you work here for 4 months or 4 years. They dont care about what you see on the street, it's all about the managements ego of competing with other centers and other trucking companies. To me it's a stupid way of doing business if you ask me. The bottom line is they dont care about you or what you do alongs that you make the delivery even if you have a chance of getting fired for it. In their eyes you are replaceable as the first day you started. They will always hire somebody else to get the job done, no matter how much you kiss butt.

A old driver at our place was almost arrested for a hit and run that didn't happen. He was turning into a lot and a car was parked on the street with body damage already to it. The guy guy called the cops and said he hit his car. He would've gone to jail if it wasn't for a video and a witness that said he didn't do it and that the cad already had all that damage. He still got a chargeable from it because the guy called the company.

It's all about protecting the company image. They dont care about drivers, they only care about the bottom line.

Something similar happened to me Packer.Backed into a place I had been to many times,inside dock.O back in and peel the wratherstripping off the bottom of the door.The angle was such that if you werent square your wheels wouldnt cross the door threshold at the same and one side would be higher.The customer said Holland doesnt have that problem,of course they had 13'4" trailers.

fartknocker it's funny when you are honest about things you get punished. But if you lie like the management does it's ok, I guess. Cornbinder you know what I am talking about. It's just funny that guy has a job at our place with no LTL experience, never drove a truck before and he is head of our safety region? Am I missing something?

i always live by if you don't think you can do it DON'T. Just remember your always 1 accident away from losing your job.