wrongful termination union member

Discussion in 'Politics' started by boojes11, Sep 8, 2014.

1. boojes11

boojes11 New Member

I have a question, if a person lost his job then filed a Grievance,then went to the next steps to try to get his job back,ended up going to Arbitration,so then I'm thinking at the end of all this I should get my job back,
    then I heard that they would have to pay me for time being off,since I should of been working that whole time when I filed A Grievance and going to a Arbitration,instead they came at me with one or the other type of thing
    I need some advise can somebody please help,thank's.

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Number 1, what union(i.e. teamsters, steel workers)...You need to reach your BA or Steward and have them find it in the contract rule of arbitration... It should explain how your in-lieu-of arbitration compensation should be paid... Get them involved, it's their job..

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Get your BA to explain the language to you so that you know how it works. Sometimes by negotiating for you getting your job back, you have to sacrifice the opportunity to receive back pay for while you were off work.

4. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

I have known of people who were wrongfully terminated & did get back pay. I also know of some who were lucky to get their job back because they did indeed violate the contract. Usually when a person goes in front of the discharge committee the second time there is little sympathy. Most trucking companies are having problems finding employees now so they might be more willing to overlook mistakes. I hope you are successful & keep your job. As Flash stated sometimes the local has to negotiate to save a job.

5. boojes11

boojes11 New Member

thank you very much for the information.

6. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You just have to make sure you don't lie to anyone.. If they catch that, you're up a creek....