FedEx Freight | Wrote up again.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
Well I got wrote up again for not completing my DVIR (truck inspection) properly. Seems I got distracted and failed to put my driver ID number in the box.

We've had guys get a write up for not checking the linehaul box. Do these micro managing managers not realize disgruntled employees make crappy employees?

Quit trying to justify your job by the amount of paperwork your generate.

Guardrail

Managers sometimes make mistakes that can be reported to their superiors. They get upset when they have to answer to someone and realize they are not top dog. But then you'll be on his poopy list. Better not try it. Just stay in purple robot mode. Assimilate to the Borg.

Man another driver was saying what they are doing over there at the ntl yard in kc !! WTF ??? Wow they are in for a treat when us freight city guys get over there. No cussing lol yeah right I will sure miss and try to get back to KCY asap. This EKC is looking to be not such a good deal. Your lucky GR KCY is a good deal

Well I got wrote up again for not completing my DVIR (truck inspection) properly. Seems I got distracted and failed to put my driver ID number in the box.

We've had guys get a write up for not checking the linehaul box. Do these micro managing managers not realize disgruntled employees make crappy employees?

Guardrail
wait till they check your uniform under your snowmobile suit while your dock training!!! LOL...you still have to be dressed as if you were driving!! I didn't have a purple shirt on amoungst my 6 layers and took a hit...lol. It was 13 degrees that night. Get use to writeups and "coaching sessions"

wait till they check your uniform under your snowmobile suit while your dock training!!! LOL...you still have to be dressed as if you were driving!! I didn't have a purple shirt on amoungst my 6 layers and took a hit...lol. It was 13 degrees that night. Get use to writeups and "coaching sessions"

Do we have to comply to the purple policy on the dock under 6 layers? Let me check my purple handbook, wait there isn't one, I'll look it up online,
can't do that from home as there is no FXF intranet for non-management.

Guess I'll call my SCM at home. He'll get to the bottom of it then write me up for not checking a block on a form. Rinse, lather repeat.

I guess we're lucky. Here in the midwest our CMs allow us to dress for warmth on the dock and not for a fashion show.

yep sure is a change from AF days...

You got that right!

Now it's just, sit back:couch:, collect a pay check and try to enjoy the ride and hopefully make it to retirement. For you younger guys (and gals), Im sorry, but the future doesn't look real good for now???:sadwavey:

You know, back in the day, we all worked for our own respective companies, and things were good for the most part? I guess it goes back to the old saying, if you have something good, it probably wont last!!!

And we all know the rest of the story.:1036316054:

At my service center, the FLC just hands us back our logs or vir's for corrections. We make the corrections and give them back to him. He's happy, I'm happy and life goes on. I guess that is the difference between a manager, and a micro manager.

At my service center, the FLC just hands us back our logs or vir's for corrections. We make the corrections and give them back to him. He's happy, I'm happy and life goes on. I guess that is the difference between a manager, and a micro manager.

Amazing how happy we are when we work with each other instead of against each other. I always say leadership by example.Take a heads up on this post all you micro managers.

Guardrail

Typical Management move....lets waste time and energy on the small things while the bigger problems just get bigger and they just close their eyes to those issues. We had a driver recently roll his rear trailer...and nothing. He is still working with no repercussions that I know of. But god forbid you take your lunch a minute late, thats a write up!

Guardrail

hell we got guys that dont even fill one out at my barn

Typical Management move....lets waste time and energy on the small things while the bigger problems just get bigger and they just close their eyes to those issues. We had a driver recently roll his rear trailer...and nothing. He is still working with no repercussions that I know of. But god forbid you take your lunch a minute late, thats a write up!
It's the same way everywhere guys. Favoritism for some employees and discrimination against the others. Sometimes the favoritism is because the employee strokes the boss' ego each day or goes out drinking beer with them. And for the discrimination, sometimes it's only to an employee that simply stands up for their rights, but gets treated like crap because of it. But, this type of weak management is everywhere.

It's the same way everywhere guys. Favoritism for some employees and discrimination against the others. Sometimes the favoritism is because the employee strokes the boss' ego each day or goes out drinking beer with them. And for the discrimination, sometimes it's only to an employee that simply stands up for their rights, but gets treated like crap because of it. But, this type of weak management is everywhere.

So what can we do about it? I like to think I do a good job, and I follow procedures the best I know how. And still, the dispatchers just seem to pile the work on the drivers they can count on, but yet, still treat you like crap. All the while the lazy drivers get the easy runs and get what they want. If you try and report it to HR, they seem not to believe you...there is nothing we can do but just do our jobs and deal with crappy management...I have to say, my TM is pretty good and treats everyone with respect, he is pretty new to our terminal. Its just the dispatchers that are crap. They are leftovers from old management...we are just hoping in time they will be the victims of their own stupidity and get let go/fired.

So what can we do about it? I like to think I do a good job, and I follow procedures the best I know how. And still, the dispatchers just seem to pile the work on the drivers they can count on, but yet, still treat you like crap. All the while the lazy drivers get the easy runs and get what they want. If you try and report it to HR, they seem not to believe you...there is nothing we can do but just do our jobs and deal with crappy management...I have to say, my TM is pretty good and treats everyone with respect, he is pretty new to our terminal. Its just the dispatchers that are crap. They are leftovers from old management...we are just hoping in time they will be the victims of their own stupidity and get let go/fired.

First off, HR is there to protect the managers and supervisors, not the hourly worker. Favoritism happens at our SC too. I know one driver who expressed an interest in learning dispatch, but was told he had to take the management course to even sit in and learn it. However, two other drivers are regularly called upon to dispatch when our main dispatcher is gone. No management courses for them! Our PM dock super, a great guy, but was given the job. No one else was offered it, much like the fill in dispatch positions. He's still hourly to boot. So, I guess he's not really a super. I mean, being hourly, how can he discipline his workers if they need it? (He's got a good crew. He treats them with respect and as equals. Amazing.) Our SCM stays in his office as much as possible. I think he's found his boss doesn't get complaints about him if he stays away from the workers.

Our dispatcher is very good. I think he treats everyone equally, but of course there are those that think differently. He still thinks seniority means something and only screws the bid up once in awhile. If we had some of the dispatchers I've heard about, I'm not sure I could take it. If you can document what they do to the drivers, maybe you'll have some ammo so they can be on their way. If they got a bunch of drivers with documentation about the problems, you'd have a force to be reckoned with. Tell them you expect and will receive pay back from these guys.

So what can we do about it?
Not much really. And in my opinion, it's not worth the bother to report them to their superiors because management are part of the "good ol' boys club". By that I mean that they won't mess with each other because they all try to protect each other. Even if one of them is up to no good, their boss usually won't do anything about it. They all just want to get their paycheck each week with the least amount of hassle to get it.
I like to think I do a good job, and I follow procedures the best I know how. And still, the dispatchers just seem to pile the work on the drivers they can count on, but yet, still treat you like crap. All the while the lazy drivers get the easy runs and get what they want.
That's about all that you can do. Just do your job, and get used to the bad treatment. It seems to be getting worse in today's work atmosphere.
If you try and report it to HR, they seem not to believe you...there is nothing we can do but just do our jobs and deal with crappy management...
You won't be successful with letting the outside world know what is going on at your terminal. They are also part of the "good ol' boys club". And their life is easier if they blow you off because if they acknowledge a problem, they are supposed to fix it.
we are just hoping in time they will be the victims of their own stupidity and get let go/fired.
Just don't get your hopes up for a quick fix. Hopefully your company is operated differently than mine is on these matters.

And your point is................... When we screw up as members on here we get our hands slapped my MODERATORS, Whats the difference? Their are rules and regs for everything! ( dodn't these moderators realize disgruntled members make crappy members ) GET MY POINT!

Last edited by a moderator:
And your point is................... When we screw up as members on here we get our hands slapped my MODERATORS, Whats the difference? Their are rules and regs for everything! ( dodn't these moderators realize disgruntled members make crappy members ) GET MY POINT!

And if you dont like the way things are done here you can log out and leave any time Or I can do it for you