FedEx Freight | Wtf!!!!!!!!

da_bikerloco

TB Lurker
Credits
Thousands spent on installing GPS units on tractors, while forklifts at EVERY CENTER keep falling apart. What F@#$*&^ sense does that make.Some lifts don't have much left for cushion, no backrest, I have to jump start my own lift if I want to work. Tractors and trailers are not getting proper maintenance. Brakes on trailers continue to freeze and catch fire, blaming it on the driver for NOT DOING A PROPER PRE TRIP!!! How can they say that when 30/50 miles down the road your brakes either lockup or start dragging to the point of overheating. IF SOMEONE HERE KNOWS SOMEONE WORKING FOR DOT OR OSHA< PLEASE GIVE THEM A TIP!!!FXF IS NOT ADEQUATELY MAINTAINING EQUIPMENT AND EQUIPMENT FAILURES ARE BEING BLAMED ON DRIVERS!!! Come on folks, voice your concerns before people on the road or on docks start getting hurt.

In one hub alone there are 12 to 15 forklifts out of comission. Mechanics don't have the time to fix them because they are too busy installing GPS units. What a f..ing priority. SOMEONE IN FLEET MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO GET IT'S HEAD OUT OF THEIR A$$!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::ranting2::furious:

Indeed, I do... along with some screwdrivers, air gauge, spare electrical cord and spare emergency line with gladhands at each end to jump a dolly....and also an airhose with a gladhand to air up a tire in a pinch. I also use one of those mini screwdrivers to fix that pesky quick-release valve.

Putting GPS units on trailers and tractors , Im down to my last pair of uniform pants and can't order new until june , what's wrong with this picture ? I NEED PANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forklifts are a huge issue right now. The Toyota lifts are JUNK. I guess they are trying to cut costs anywhere even if it means unloading a truck with a pallet jack.

With GPS they will know exactly where you are when you break down. And from the sound of things, it will be put to a lot of use.

Their watching...........

:smilie_132:GPS....Will help Mother FDX get a lower insurance rate,Because Mother FDX will be able to watch us better.

GPS....Will be a selling tool for Mother FDX,they will be able to go to a customer and tell them exactly were their frieght is and when they will get it.:clap:

:bowdown:HAIL MOTHER FDX and BIG BROTHER.:mfight:

I also use one of those mini screwdrivers to fix that pesky quick-release valve.
I'm begining to hate that ...seems a couple three times a week now ...well ...have we been buying cheap trailers now .... I don't remember having to do that, that much in the past ..:duh:

Its typical in an environment like we are in that maintenance will suffer....cutting back, in all areas, I was told that Fedex will not be purchasing new decking material, so we scrounge each night on the outbound, using old broken up deck boards, etc....they deadline the old hotboxes, then when it gets a little busy, they try to patch them up for us to drive, and sometimes they get towed back..... but overall maintenance does the best they can with what they got......

They patch holes in older trailers with caulking...even if its going to be in our systyem for awile. Ive seen my share of rotten frames going down the road too

Indeed, I do... along with some screwdrivers, air gauge, spare electrical cord and spare emergency line with gladhands at each end to jump a dolly....and also an airhose with a gladhand to air up a tire in a pinch. I also use one of those mini screwdrivers to fix that pesky quick-release valve.

its NOT your job.you sir are setting a dangerous precedent by doing another classifications job.

extra parts

i'm with you, have the extra air and electrical lines, you usually don't find out that someone left a dolly with a hole in the line until your hooked up, not a problem, takes a couple of minutes to pull out extra and put in on and down the road i go, you can wait and get delay pay all you want by the time repair crew gets there, i'll be sawing logs. not to mention not burning hours for when you can make the real money behind the wheel.

have a good one