FedEx Freight | Wtf!!!!!!!!

Copy that, Sportacus. And as far as setting a dangerous precident, Sal, I don't do anything unsafe out there. Vendors take shorter cuts than I have. And when I have the resourse(s) to band-aid a problem enroute an can take care of it in the time it takes a vendor to come to me, I'd much rather do it and get on back.

I'm begining to hate that ...seems a couple three times a week now ...well ...have we been buying cheap trailers now .... I don't remember having to do that, that much in the past ..:duh:

slackdragon :smilie_132:

The QR valve (quick release valve) problem is only found in the West Wabash trailers.(Series 27,28,25) They get a little piece of dirt in the air line. A pain in the a$$, but we used to let the shop mess with it when we used to drive our sets thru the shop to do our set checks.
Now that we don't have set checks, you have to get down on the ground and fix it yourself. If the QR valve leaks really bad, you won't get enough air going to your back or third trailer to release the brakes properly.

:popcorn:

Thousands spent on installing GPS units on tractors, while forklifts at EVERY CENTER keep falling apart. What F@#$*&^ sense does that make.Some lifts don't have much left for cushion, no backrest, I have to jump start my own lift if I want to work. Tractors and trailers are not getting proper maintenance. Brakes on trailers continue to freeze and catch fire, blaming it on the driver for NOT DOING A PROPER PRE TRIP!!! How can they say that when 30/50 miles down the road your brakes either lockup or start dragging to the point of overheating. IF SOMEONE HERE KNOWS SOMEONE WORKING FOR DOT OR OSHA< PLEASE GIVE THEM A TIP!!!FXF IS NOT ADEQUATELY MAINTAINING EQUIPMENT AND EQUIPMENT FAILURES ARE BEING BLAMED ON DRIVERS!!! Come on folks, voice your concerns before people on the road or on docks start getting hurt.

In one hub alone there are 12 to 15 forklifts out of comission. Mechanics don't have the time to fix them because they are too busy installing GPS units. What a f..ing priority. SOMEONE IN FLEET MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO GET IT'S HEAD OUT OF THEIR A$$!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::ranting2::furious:

welcome to the new and improved fedex, where there looking to get rid of drivers for little things such as air lines, brakes, ect....... they don't have to pay unemployment benefits if they fire you , so why don't you call osha, or federal dot yourself, or, Quit Your *****in

its NOT your job.you sir are setting a dangerous precedent by doing another classifications job.
Hmmmm. .... not my job classification..

My job is to drive the truck ... and get it there, on time . I'm not a master mech, but if I'm stuck out on the road (in the dark) I will try to fix the problem and get down the road ..... maybe thats why we (FEDEX) are floating above water and some companys (employees) that have been big on job classifications are having to refinance the refinancing of some loans ... just to pay wages ...... but how would I know ... being just a truck driver ?

Indeed, I do... along with some screwdrivers, air gauge, spare electrical cord and spare emergency line with gladhands at each end to jump a dolly....and also an airhose with a gladhand to air up a tire in a pinch. I also use one of those mini screwdrivers to fix that pesky quick-release valve.

first off I also carry alot of the mentioned items this person carries,he is what they call a truck driver not just a steering wheel holder,they have alot of them here,dont know anything about the truck ,trailer,any of it ,I know one driver here telling me about his prev job&quot; boy that 60 series detroit with a jake you really get up thru the gears with it bumping the jake between each shift &quot;,now I know why he is in the shop here needing ujoints every 6months on his tractor wouldnt last as a driver other places ,thats just one example,beleive me I have sat and waited for road service it sucks,sometime you have no choice but if there is something I can do to get going I do also and as far as the shop mechanics yeah there are some lazy ones dont want to fix anything and just cob it back together but there are also some really desent guys who would do things different but they have policies and rules in the shop to follow also and a family at home to feed to boot so they need to do what they need to do also.....esspecially in todays world

Thank You, Santa...People make fun of me for keeping a toolbox in my truck..But I tell you what, I use it often for this and that. Its nice to know there are other drivers out there who feel the same way.

first off I also carry alot of the mentioned items this person carries,he is what they call a truck driver not just a steering wheel holder,they have alot of them here,dont know anything about the truck ,trailer,any of it ,I know one driver here telling me about his prev job&quot; boy that 60 series detroit with a jake you really get up thru the gears with it bumping the jake between each shift &quot;,now I know why he is in the shop here needing ujoints every 6months on his tractor wouldnt last as a driver other places ,thats just one example,beleive me I have sat and waited for road service it sucks,sometime you have no choice but if there is something I can do to get going I do also and as far as the shop mechanics yeah there are some lazy ones dont want to fix anything and just cob it back together but there are also some really desent guys who would do things different but they have policies and rules in the shop to follow also and a family at home to feed to boot so they need to do what they need to do also.....esspecially in todays world

And how!!!!!! I work in a shop in the west we have less than motavaited mechs., but for the most part ----now we have to wait for parts that up until 2 months ago sat on or shelves .
This is all part of how the East saves money by not stocking parts, but order as needed and if it is a part of some japaneeez lift truck parts are not always avail.

Putting GPS units on trailers and tractors , Im down to my last pair of uniform pants and can't order new until june , what's wrong with this picture ? I NEED PANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come in with no pants on.... that outta get you some pants real quick.

Get in an accident with your Jerry rigged breaks, or DOTed. See how fast that gets you sued and or fired.

jelly roll

Get in an accident with your Jerry rigged breaks, or DOTed. See how fast that gets you sued and or fired.
You need to help me out here .... what is jerry rigged breaks .... is that when the company gives us jelly jerry rigged rolls in the breakroom ... for break ? :popcorn:

hmmmm ... oh ... homemade roadside brake adjustments .... sorry ... :smilie_132:

what was I thinking anyway ..... had a jelly roll on my mind ....

Thank You, Santa...People make fun of me for keeping a toolbox in my truck..But I tell you what, I use it often for this and that. Its nice to know there are other drivers out there who feel the same way.

Those drivers making fun of you for carrying a toolbox with you are usually the first ones to come up to you and say, hey, you got a 9/16 wrench I can borrow.

If FedEx wanted me to work on a truck they should have trained me. Be careful adjusting your brakes. You need to be certified or you could get some trouble rolling your way.

I carry a multi tool. (one of those 15 in 1 pliers) If I can't fix it with that, I call breakdown. Trust me, there isn't much more than lights or an occasional glad hand rubber that I want to fix. Get it off the road and let a professional take care of it.

:smilie_GPS....Will be a selling tool for Mother FDX,they will be able to go to a customer and tell them exactly were their frieght is and when they will get it.:clap:

:bowdown:HAIL MOTHER FDX and BIG BROTHER.:mfight:

I hope they are going to buy and install them in the purchase transpotation trucks also, seeing as that is where a lot of our freight is. There were 6 of them in POR last nite taking up parking spaces.

I wouldn't do any work on my truck. First, it's not my job, second, if I screw it up and something happens, who do you think will be down the road?

If you weren't hired as a mechanic for FedEx, you're taking a very real risk on working on your own equipment. You may know what you're doing, but if somthing happens and they determine that you worked on the unit, you're going to be gone.

Take the delay. You're still making money. Why risk it? It's not your responsiblity.