Estes | WTH is going on here?

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
Last night, before I left, there were city drivers walking around yelling and screaming about having to "call in" this weekend.. WTH is going on? I know it's the end of the quarter,end of the month and a long weekend for some...

Have they finally lost their minds.. They have been ask to take a day off during the week.. They have abide by the rules.. They have been working 13 or 14 hour days.. Now they want them to give up a weekend that they should be with their families on Easter... Bare in mind, this memo just hit the terminal 24 hours ago.. People have had plans for this weekend for weeks... Why now? It's crazy around here.. It's like they are in a panic.. Are they getting that inept, that they can't plan for a weekend, weeks ahead?

They posted the weekend linehaul schedule at our barn on Wednesday. Lucky me, I'm on the schedule for Easter and the Sunday before Memorial Day.

You know the routine here Stark. Step on the gas/ slam on the brakes. Step on the gas/slam on the brakes etc etc etc.

They posted the weekend linehaul schedule at our barn on Wednesday. Lucky me, I'm on the schedule for Easter and the Sunday before Memorial Day.

You know the routine here Stark. Step on the gas/ slam on the brakes. Step on the gas/slam on the brakes etc etc etc.

I know the routine... Well aware of it... Gave things up for it... But this is ridiculous... How come you never hear this at FedEx,Conway or the rest ....Technology, that's why...They have things that figure it out reasonably...

I like my job here, wouldn't work for no one else, but they gotta get a handle on this ineptness... It's costing them money... And they don't seem to care....

I know the routine... Well aware of it... Gave things up for it... But this is ridiculous... How come you never hear this at FedEx,Conway or the rest ....Technology, that's why...They have things that figure it out reasonably...

I like my job here, wouldn't work for no one else, but they gotta get a handle on this ineptness... It's costing them money... And they don't seem to care....

Technology my tail! It has nothing to do with it. Plain and simple, they are better staffed and have many more years of experience. Technology is only as good as the data given and the team using it. Central has been using similar tech for years, and we still get stuck with on call.

My favorite is when they sit a driver one night during the week because the computer says they can put another couple pallets on the trailer, then a city guy has to play catch up on Saturday to fix the screw up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

drivers why don/t yall let rob run his company the way he likes you were hired to drive truck and if you don/t like it conway is hiring later my friend so long from atdriver

drivers why don/t yall let rob run his company the way he likes you were hired to drive truck and if you don/t like it conway is hiring later my friend so long from atdriver

My friend , I don't think rob is running this place anymore !!! Way to many ex road way , fed ex , yellow , bosses here , anyone that's been here for a while can tell the difference

Loads are stacking up at our barn. I was told freight is very, very heavy.. I've spent over $300 on this hunting trip but I gots to go to work while my other half is at sunrise service with her boyfriend. I got a long way to go just to make it home tonight. Y'all wish me luck.

Here's the view from our barn. We got told on Friday last week that we city guys were going to start running extra board a week at a time starting the following Monday. It went over like a ton of bricks...two days notice that the company is about to upset the applecart. I almost felt bed for a few of the guys, single parents, or other issues, but it was made clear by our TM 'no exceptions'. Plus we've been covering a line run for three weeks while we wait for someone to get hired. So we've been down 4 city drivers, and busy as all heck. That winter slow down...never happened here. If anything, we worked more hours...and none of us saw any freight or trailers stacking up here, but they sure expect a bunch of stuff to be ready to move on East Sunday.
We are constantly running behind and struggling to get all of the fright picked up by the end of the day. Not too mention we are holding 4 to 5 shags a day cause we can't get it all done with the amount of people that we don't have. This panic to get the fright moved is backfiring here cause we can't get what we have delivered, or the outbound freight picked up. And there are no answers...I love my city job, but an answer or two would be nice. And I'm no newbie...been P & D for eight years now.

MMax. if you been here for 8 years, then you know the skinny... Nothing is written in ink, always in pencil.. So they can have their say... I like my job here also, and I'm with you on wanting to know what's so important now... We've been moving freight at this company for over 75 years, and they are still learning new things... I really don't think they have a clue, of what's going on... Every year it snows up north.. Every year you have an end of the month and quarter fall at the same time.. Every year Easter comes around... Nothing has changed in over 75 freakin' years... Why do they seem so surprised? Again, answers, are like buttholes, every body has one.. They may think and sleep Estes 24/7 but that doesn't mean we do...

I dont think anyone is arguing that Rob shouldn't run his company.A lot of drivers are just expressing their confusion and opinions over some things

i say ask for volunteers first. then go down as first in first out for all. we run extra all week and use 50 + hours and then they make you wait at west sex or columbus for 24 hours. what a joke. then they take away my day to get personal stuff done while some whiners dont have to play. i guess thats what burns me most.

MMax. if you been here for 8 years, then you know the skinny... Nothing is written in ink, always in pencil.. So they can have their say... I like my job here also, and I'm with you on wanting to know what's so important now... We've been moving freight at this company for over 75 years, and they are still learning new things... I really don't think they have a clue, of what's going on... Every year it snows up north.. Every year you have an end of the month and quarter fall at the same time.. Every year Easter comes around... Nothing has changed in over 75 freakin' years... Why do they seem so surprised? Again, answers, are like buttholes, every body has one.. They may think and sleep Estes 24/7 but that doesn't mean we do...

Good points...surprised is the right choice of word. It's like someone woke up and instead of hitting the snooze button, they hit the panic button. It's my turn to run extra board this coming week, I'm taking my tripod and camera bag, I'm thinking of it as a company sponsored field trip.

Here's the view from our barn. We got told on Friday last week that we city guys were going to start running extra board a week at a time starting the following Monday. It went over like a ton of bricks...two days notice that the company is about to upset the applecart. I almost felt bed for a few of the guys, single parents, or other issues, but it was made clear by our TM 'no exceptions'. Plus we've been covering a line run for three weeks while we wait for someone to get hired. So we've been down 4 city drivers, and busy as all heck. That winter slow down...never happened here. If anything, we worked more hours...and none of us saw any freight or trailers stacking up here, but they sure expect a bunch of stuff to be ready to move on East Sunday.
We are constantly running behind and struggling to get all of the fright picked up by the end of the day. Not too mention we are holding 4 to 5 shags a day cause we can't get it all done with the amount of people that we don't have. This panic to get the fright moved is backfiring here cause we can't get what we have delivered, or the outbound freight picked up. And there are no answers...I love my city job, but an answer or two would be nice. And I'm no newbie...been P & D for eight years now.

Theres a thought,tells us drivers what the **** is going and maybe just maybe we might be able to ******* help.

At 024 , we r slow !!! They r still asking city guys to stay home , pretty bad for this time of year , our terminal started going down hill about 3 years ago , when a certain person showed up from Dallas , wish he would go back

A road driver was in our terminal Thursday and said 7 city drivers quit in Philly because of this new policy. I know we have some threatening to at our terminal, thats why they hired on as P&D, were told by TM that they wouldn't have to run the road. That driver also told us that some city drivers who were scheduled to run the road last week were not getting out and were on call, unable to work the city. The guy from our terminal ran 300 miles his first night before they put him on rest.

At 024 , we r slow !!! They r still asking city guys to stay home , pretty bad for this time of year , our terminal started going down hill about 3 years ago , when a certain person showed up from Dallas , wish he would go back

You're not referring to M.E. are ya?