WTH is going on here?

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by Starkravinloon, Mar 29, 2013.

1. AkitaDog

AkitaDog Well-Known Member

Just a question from an outsider.How in the hell do you adjust your sleep pattern going from p&d to road?If nothing else, Estes is opening themselves up to some saftey issues IMO.

2. No Tread

No Tread Banned

aww..poor city. The violen is playing

3. mikabl

mikabl New Member

Don't know why it always gets to that. Two sides to the same coin and we depend on the other for our work. I would not like to run the other side and they wouldn't like to run mine, simple enough.

But the planning and decisions coming out of Richmond seem "erratic" lately.

4. bandit 1

bandit 1 Member

Well I wasn't thinking of him , but now that u mentioned him !!!! But the real problem initials are L.H , he brought in M.E.

5. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

It's spelled V I O L I N

6. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

AkitaDog, I'll give an answer from an outsider myself by asking this question, what do you think us linehaul drivers do evey week coming off our time off to start running the road? We do the schedule 'flip flop' every week, year after year, decade after decade So some city puke can cry me a river, "talk to the hand 'cause the face aint listening".

7. AkitaDog

AkitaDog Well-Known Member

I know where your coming from because I've been there myself.but that was my choice to run the road.it's sounds like these guys are being forced into this situation which doesn't make a safe environment for all parties concerned!Some people ain't cut out for the road and some guys can't do P&D that's all I'm saying.

8. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

And some guys can do alot of things, back in the day I ran the Road, and do now, back say 6 years ago I worked in the city sometimes when I got back on Friday mornings, worked the dock, etc... Back in the day you could volunteer to do alot of things here, now Its all set that you are City, Linehaul, Utility, Hub, Team, and I just love watching these part time dock guys wreck freight, I almost laugh at it, cause I remember the days I used to jump on a lift and load up some freight Damage free, that was when I was a Linehaul Greenboard driver, man miss those days!!

9. No Tread

No Tread Banned

forgot to mention saturday at 028 city dispatcher ran road.

10. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Rumor has it, they are thinking of cancelling the extra Sunday a month... Too much politics...

11. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

It's being done wrong. At my barn, there are plenty of volunteers for weekend work. They should use the volunteers first and then go by seniority. If you're low on seniority and have to work, you're exempt from being forced to work for 4 weeks. That would be the right way.

I don't mind the extra work. I ran 674 miles last night.

12. bandit 1

bandit 1 Member

Our guys ran 1/2 empty trailers , and empty sets this past Sunday !!!!

13. Starkravinloon

They can't write a 1/2 empty off on their taxes... It's all or nothing... And even then, I think there is just so many they can write off... This is crap anyway.. If this company had their stuff together, we wouldn't be hearing about things like this... Heck, I heard Richmond got flooded with phone calls last week from city drivers complaining and even quitting.... This is what you get, when you react in a panic, unprepared...

14. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Doesn't happen at Con-way 'cause we don't haul our own freight! That's what we got Weiner, Useless and all the rest for, we don't have to run weekends, or any other night of the week for that matter.

15. Starkravinloon

From what my buddy tells me, he runs a linehaul run at Conway, by Saturday morning, he has about 15 minutes left on his 70.. You guys couldn't run the weekend if you wanted to...

16. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Man glad to hear your busy, cause we are slow, think we have to many around here, I have called and said I would stay out a extra day and got a big well not much going on and got sent home. Ohh well, And sounds like you been here awhile, well I have been here over 12 now, Linehaul, Hub, and worked in the City also, and I can tell you the last 5 to 6 have been a roller coaster ride.
    I always tell myself someday it will get better, like if they ever make a one Road Board system, then things would get better in a jiff...
    And be glad you are in a Category all by itself, a City Driver, cause where I am at they can not figure out how much Hub, Linehaul, Utility, and god being a Team...

17. cindig

cindig Member

Don't know about that, but was informed today that only one city driver can take a vaction day on Friday until the end of June. We've always been allowed 2 on vacation at the same time. The dispatcher said this came from corporate, not the TM.

18. Concrete Cowboy

Concrete Cowboy Active Member

City drivers running the road, that could explain why I'm sitting at home. On the other hand, it could be a case of Cranial Rectumitis or a combination of the two.

19. Starkravinloon

They can sit you at home and run a new hire utility driver cheaper....

20. No Tread

No Tread Banned

again, aww poor city.