Estes | WTH is going on here?

Maybe the city guy that wants Friday off can pull the wrong trailer on Tuesday and get Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Y'all need to get on a daylight schedule. That way you can get up in the morning, make a pot of coffee, turn on the news, lean back in the recliner, talk to your wife about North Korea and the weather, flip a coin on which vehicle to drive to work, look in the mirror and wonder Wtf and why Hollywood isn't calling, race everyone on the way to work, stop and get a fresh cup of coffee because of the mini skirted blond that just walked into the store, get in your work truck, grab your bills, do your little 7 hour thing, stop at a different Mexican restaurant each night of the week and wonder what would have happened if you listened to mommy and stayed in school.

I'm of the opinion that this waitress is only worried about what I leave extra with the check than my well being. Just saying

Y'all need to get on a daylight schedule. That way you can get up in the morning, make a pot of coffee, turn on the news, lean back in the recliner, talk to your wife about North Korea and the weather, flip a coin on which vehicle to drive to work, look in the mirror and wonder Wtf and why Hollywood isn't calling, race everyone on the way to work, stop and get a fresh cup of coffee because of the mini skirted blond that just walked into the store, get in your work truck, grab your bills, do your little 7 hour thing, stop at a different Mexican restaurant each night of the week and wonder what would have happened if you listened to mommy and stayed in school.

Dat's right.. Obama ain't sh!t on you "Clean"........

Where do I sign up??

OK here goes... One of my good friends that runs out of an eastern terminal, was told by a friend of his with another company said, that as of June 1st, all companies had 6 months to comply to a 60hr/7 day work schedule no exceptions.... Has anyone heard anything like this? Now his friend drives for an old established truck line and this was covered in their safety meeting yesterday....

Haven't heard anything about that. The new final rule has been published and the only changes are

A mandatory 30 minute break if you work over 7 hours that day. It goes against your 14 so you only have 13.5 to work a day now.
Only 1 34 hour restart per week. Must have 2 periods between midnight and 5am

The 8 day/70 hour or 7 day 60 hour rule is the same.

Haven't heard anything about that. The new final rule has been published and the only changes are

A mandatory 30 minute break if you work over 7 hours that day. It goes against your 14 so you only have 13.5 to work a day now.
Only 1 34 hour restart per week. Must have 2 periods between midnight and 5am

The 8 day/70 hour or 7 day 60 hour rule is the same.

Yeah I know, but my friend's friend said he was told in their safety meeting that it would be mandatory for ALL trucking companies authorized by the ICC.. Only the 60/7, no more 70/8.... If this is true, this is going to throw a monkey wrench in everyone's cog....

I think it's dangerous to work more than 7 hours a day. Truckers shouldn't have to work after 1700 and before 0900 hours.

Yeah, I see the "6th Trip" really worked out well.. Done, in a month.... LMAO
that's great if it is done. I didn't see the memo yet. It's probably on the wall. We had several runs posted, signed for and came down. I didn't notice those either. I really need to get more involved.

I know we use to run the wheels off we ran so much freight back in the day and Loaded the **** out of trailers to, back when we hauled mostly 53 foot vans, and then we wanted to start to be like Fed Ex, and Con way, they will never be good enough for that...
Better go back to your roots and do what was making this company some money back in the day..

I know we use to run the wheels off we ran so much freight back in the day and Loaded the **** out of trailers to, back when we hauled mostly 53 foot vans, and then we wanted to start to be like Fed Ex, and Con way, they will never be good enough for that...
Better go back to your roots and do what was making this company some money back in the day..

You are right on target !!!! I talk to my om's and terminal manager all the time about how it use to be !!! They don't care , someone better care soon