ODFL | Wytheville Va. terminal

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
I've heard there's going to be a terminal opening in or around Wytheville Va soon.Anybody know about it ?

Holy Cow! My Dads family is from about fifteen miles north of there,beautiful area,might have to see about a transfer.I was thinking about retiring around there,might speed up my plans.

It is possible, heard they hired a guy in GBO to be a future T.M. maybe that is where he is headed.

Same thing I was told.Is he from Conway ? I've heard a RUMOR that a few came from Conway to be t/m-management types.

That's a good area for a terminal. We (big E) put a break bulk just north of the 81/77 split in Pulaski Va. and it has proved to be a great place to break east coast frieght. It is now one our most successful newer terminals around this end of the map. Not much industry around there but real handy to connect new england to south and west from.

That's a good area for a terminal. We (big E) put a break bulk just north of the 81/77 split in Pulaski Va. and it has proved to be a great place to break east coast frieght. It is now one our most successful newer terminals around this end of the map. Not much industry around there but real handy to connect new england to south and west from.

You ar right K.D. The biggest industry in the area is the volvo plant. Most feeder companies are closing there doors soon. But a good location for break bulk. Only problem is I dont know of a vacant terminal there.

On second thought Roadway and Yellow both had terminals there. Yellows was on frontage rd. near mark 4 motorcycles, big R was in town a little. Don't know witch they are using now. I dont get below I-77 on I-81 much. Will ask city driver when I get a chance.

You ar right K.D. The biggest industry in the area is the volvo plant. Most feeder companies are closing there doors soon. But a good location for break bulk. Only problem is I dont know of a vacant terminal there.

On second thought Roadway and Yellow both had terminals there. Yellows was on frontage rd. near mark 4 motorcycles, big R was in town a little. Don't know witch they are using now. I dont get below I-77 on I-81 much. Will ask city driver when I get a chance.
The terminal that OD purchased was that of roadway.

Thats to bad, We would welcome good folk in the area. :smilie_132: Wifes family must be in kansas.
Thanks!!Yeah you got that right,I've been trying to talk her into moving to Va since we married in 1981,the odd thing is when we visit she loves the place!!Oh well,I'll keep working on her,my Dad's family is from Bland county just north of there.

Thanks!!Yeah you got that right,I've been trying to talk her into moving to Va since we married in 1981,the odd thing is when we visit she loves the place!!Oh well,I'll keep working on her,my Dad's family is from Bland county just north of there.

Daylight, I know what you are saying, Used to work that area of bland co and Tazewell co when I worked at Wilson. Pretty area but no where to work much.

Daylight, I know what you are saying, Used to work that area of bland co and Tazewell co when I worked at Wilson. Pretty area but no where to work much.
You can live VERY WELL in Bland Co.with any decent full-time employment,kind of a shame but in my fathers day(late40's)you had three choices for employment,head over the hills to work the mines,dep't of highways,or the military.My Dad and his brothers all picked the military,like most young men from there,and never returned(exept for visits)I used to spend my summers there and loved the place.My Dad's High school had a reunion several years ago as He and Mom were driving from the D.C.suburbs were they lived ,all the cars that had been on the highway around them He noticed were also parked at the reunion,turned out 2/3rd's of the schools graduates lived in the D.C. or Richmond area.

There more there than that, Pepsi, Gatorade,and a plastic bottle maker all within 2miles of each other. Gatorade is actually Quaker Oats. Klockner is in Rural Retreat 10 miles down the road. Theres more there than meets the eye. Most of the businesses are out of site away from the Interstate and in a 20-25 mile circle.

I know I was just horsing around, Use to pick up in bastian to, can't remember the name of the place. ABB in Bland county as well.

fr8rookie, are you out of ROA. Pm me if you are. Know a few drivers there.