ODFL | Wytheville Va. terminal

There more there than that, Pepsi, Gatorade,and a plastic bottle maker all within 2miles of each other. Gatorade is actually Quaker Oats. Klockner is in Rural Retreat 10 miles down the road. Theres more there than meets the eye. Most of the businesses are out of site away from the Interstate and in a 20-25 mile circle.

The plastic bottle maker wouldn't happen to be Plastipak would it. We (BigE) get a lot of inbound freight for them at my barn. Oh, glad to see ya'll doing well at OD rook.

I know I was just horsing around, Use to pick up in bastian to, can't remember the name of the place. ABB in Bland county as well.

fr8rookie, are you out of ROA. Pm me if you are. Know a few drivers there.
My Aunt used to work at Roanoke Mills in Bastian,might be the place you're thinking of.My Grandparents also lived there Jim Bob,if you you ever drove through there on old U.S.52 as you were coming down Brushy mtn.into Bastian just past the HARD right curve thats were my Grandparents lived,spent many a summer day on the porch watching trucks coming down the mountain then making that curve,I can still smell the brake smoke and recall the expressions on those drivers faces at the bottom of that mountain,That had to be the ugliest downgrade in the eastern U.S.A.

My Aunt used to work at Roanoke Mills in Bastian,might be the place you're thinking of.My Grandparents also lived there Jim Bob,if you you ever drove through there on old U.S.52 as you were coming down Brushy mtn.into Bastian just past the HARD right curve thats were my Grandparents lived,spent many a summer day on the porch watching trucks coming down the mountain then making that curve,I can still smell the brake smoke and recall the expressions on those drivers faces at the bottom of that mountain,That had to be the ugliest downgrade in the eastern U.S.A.

I'm sure I've sent some brake smoke in your grandparents yard then lol. I used to run that sometimes to get around the coops. I remember about 20yrs. or so ago there used to be a old guy that had a base radio that would get out forever around there. He called himself "shakey britches". He would get on that ole radio and act like he was a truck driver flying off that Mtn. Man that guy would crack me up! He would always end with the same thing..."shakey britches said that and I'm movin on!". He sure was funny.

Seems like alot of you guys in here come from around that Fancy Gap area. One of my best friends I work with now grew up there in Dobson NC. I bet you know were that is. I used to go with him to visit his parents and do a little huntin there before they passed on. What a beautiful place.

I'm sure I've sent some brake smoke in your grandparents yard then lol. I used to run that sometimes to get around the coops. I remember about 20yrs. or so ago there used to be a old guy that had a base radio that would get out forever around there. He called himself "shakey britches". He would get on that ole radio and act like he was a truck driver flying off that Mtn. Man that guy would crack me up! He would always end with the same thing..."shakey britches said that and I'm movin on!". He sure was funny.

Seems like alot of you guys in here come from around that Fancy Gap area. One of my best friends I work with now grew up there in Dobson NC. I bet you know were that is. I used to go with him to visit his parents and do a little huntin there before they passed on. What a beautiful place.
Disciple,you must of really been misbehaving to choose driving down rte52over stopping at the coop on I-77 LOL,on the other hand Brushy mtn,may have served a higher purpose, I'm sure many drivers found Christ comming down that hill than seeing the curve.:shock::TR10driving03:

Pass that Dobson exit every night, Exit 93 off I-77.:smilie_132:

Disciple,you must of really been misbehaving to choose driving down rte52over stopping at the coop on I-77 LOL,on the other hand Brushy mtn,may have served a higher purpose, I'm sure many drivers found Christ comming down that hill than seeing the curve.:shock::TR10driving03:

Lol...ya there is no doubt that there has been many that called out to God in that big curve coming off that Mtn.
I would also venture to say that there have been many that only made it to the bottom just because they cried out to Him...:thumbsup: