Central Transport | X cons

hire thieves to work your dock,,,,,,,,,,, what high IQ manager got that bright idea

3 years? did they find it on eBay or craigslist?

We have a child molester and a couple of ex-cons that did time for various reasons. Honestly if a man has paid his time and straightened out his life I have no problem with that...But a child molester even if he's paid his time had better just stay out of my face.

We have a child molester and a couple of ex-cons that did time for various reasons. Honestly if a man has paid his time and straightened out his life I have no problem with that...But a child molester even if he's paid his time had better just stay out of my face.

I might help his rear end get aquainted with the back end of a broom and see how he likes it. No tolerance for child molesters at all, never.

Nashville has a couple, on a old thread this topic came up, and i said " one told me that he was excited that he finally got a job, he has 3 felonlys and just got out of prison.

I truly don't believe Vitran does much of a background check...I use one of the many public data sites to run background checks on all 3 of my daughters boyfriends....Its really quite easy to get information on any thing thats deemed a matter of public record...Any conviction is a matter of public record....I run their plates off their cars (DMV).....I run their divorce status (Civil)....Criminal..etc....I once had one of my daughters ex-boyfriends ask me if I didn't think that was an invasion of privacy after I told her he was still married...I just laughed and told him to go speak to his Congressman.

same here, but we cannot run plates without going to a DMV office, filling out a form (many questions of why) and paying $10.

pjax seemed to do a complete background check and you had to also have two years experience driving, now that this place has gotten so bad they'll take anyone and it's only one year experience.

Companies get tax incentives for hiring ex cons and they have employees with no options which is what they want.

If a man, or woman, has paid their debt to society who am I to cast the first stone? However, what it does show me is where vitran is along the line of industry standards. It is very good insight into Vitran's plans for the future of it's dock workers and drivers.

But to hire someone with a theft background? something here does not compute. i recognize a few names of the meds that cross my dock by watching cop shows, if that stuff is what they said for the show, i would not trust someone with a theft background on the same dock. one box would level a horse farm

But to hire someone with a theft background? something here does not compute. i recognize a few names of the meds that cross my dock by watching cop shows, if that stuff is what they said for the show, i would not trust someone with a theft background on the same dock. one box would level a horse farm

I completely agree Not Wanted. I was just throughing out some reasons they are hiring ex cons. Coming from Fed Ex I would assume CK would take the approach of hiring hard working employees with experience and moving the company in a direction of high quality, well paid, happy employees. The facts on the ground are that the direction he is taking us is low quality low pay unhappy employees. That may change at some point but that is not so right now.

Not to sound completely liberal but, don't these people need a job somewhere and if nobody will hire them then what option do they have but to go back to crime right? Who really wants to work 3rd shift hub for 12 or 13 a hour? They paid their debt right? Who gives a crap? If the company started firing all those people and then came out and made it mandatory for ya'll to work the dock you would cry because your a driver not a dock worker. So if these people are stealing junk then turn them into managment of the fraud hotline, if you don't your no better than the thief.

Not to sound completely liberal but, don't these people need a job somewhere and if nobody will hire them then what option do they have but to go back to crime right? Who really wants to work 3rd shift hub for 12 or 13 a hour? They paid their debt right? Who gives a crap? If the company started firing all those people and then came out and made it mandatory for ya'll to work the dock you would cry because your a driver not a dock worker. So if these people are stealing junk then turn them into managment of the fraud hotline, if you don't your no better than the thief.

i wish i could work the dock, then i would get my 40 hours every week. maybe half our p&d would complain, so be it, leaves more work for me