XPO | xan line hual

jamrock

TB Lurker
Credits
hey guys, allentown line hual closing down for two weeks. they said that they are doing a test to see what happen. xan not making enough money, that is crazy.

They only opened XAN as a FAC because freight volumes dictated it at the time, I believe it was only created as an overflow facility. With XNJ is full operation and the planned expansion of XLF, they're probably looking to eliminate an un-needed expense.

brutus said:
xah is also closing for two weeks.

Actually maybe a permanent move. They are going to re-evaluate if they need to keep it open. Several people (Terminal managers and higher ups) said it was a 99.9% that it would not reopen and XAN was also going to be re-evaluated. Two other FAC’s being looked at are XCL and XSN. If they would close then XAY would open up as a FAC taking over the freight from XCL and XSN.

the shadow said:
Actually maybe a permanent move. They are going to re-evaluate if they need to keep it open. Several people (Terminal managers and higher ups) said it was a 99.9% that it would not reopen and XAN was also going to be re-evaluated. Two other FAC’s being looked at are XCL and XSN. If they would close then XAY would open up as a FAC taking over the freight from XCL and XSN.
with XLF adding 80+ doors some of that XSN freight might go to XLF.

Ooh, there's a great idea. Move more freight thru XAY, so our already high damage ratio goes thru the roof. Ever notice how the freight off a Youngstown breaker looks as if the pup was involved in a rollover?

RoadRage76 said:
Ooh, there's a great idea. Move more freight thru XAY, so our already high damage ratio goes thru the roof. Ever notice how the freight off a Youngstown breaker looks as if the pup was involved in a rollover?

True, but remember it won’t be XAY dsr’s loading the freight at the reship. They are bad though, One night the XCL QC was telling me about how bad the Xay’s loads were coming into XCL (they are only like 96 miles away) so to solve it, they (XCL) had the xay drivers break the trailers they brought in. In one week the problem was solved-better loads. I remember one night in XPN fac (when it was a fac) I looked at this long box that was in door and it looked like the trailer was rolled a few times and loaded with a back loader. I asked the FOS if this load just came in from Hartford CT. and she laughed and said the AY guys just loaded it. She said she was always receiving nasty e-mails and pics from the East Coast terminals on how bad the loads looked.