would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
T

tom

Workers at xco have met with teamsters and are trying to organize. They have half of what they need to call for a vote. They are now trying to get xay and xin to go along with them. It is about to get very messy for us all here at xco..I for one am not for the union but is is running like wildfire right now.:6837:

why in the HELL would any of us want to join the dam teamsters? Now if they choose to go with a differant union that that would be better. And before anybody starts you do not have to belong to the teansters union just because you work for a trucking company. you can choose the union to go with.

This is a bad idea for us here at xco. I believe they would route around us or close us before they allow a union here...........con-way has many problems and issues going on but none that i think the union would fix

watch out guys

there is a lot of symmetry with other drivers to what xco wants. We all know that management is taking money outa of our pocket with sub-service and ridiculous overtime pay rules, but is the teamsters really the answer? something needs to be done i agree. maybe the company will wake up and see, listen as well as act on our concerns. If not, then a some kind of organization is needed.

If XCO goes they will not be able to reroute for very long, there will be a domino affect, other service centers will follow suite.

they will close the doors and peddle the freight from indiana if they have to. 3 hr stem times for p&d routes are in the near future.

Workers at xco have met with teamsters and are trying to organize. They have half of what they need to call for a vote. They are now trying to get xay and xin to go along with them. It is about to get very messy for us all here at xco..I for one am not for the union but is is running like wildfire right now.:6837:

I call B.S. on your post. This is the best you can do for your first post??

Believe what you want . I work there and know for fact...would you like the date and time for next meeting with teamsters or maybe just the directions

I don't care if you think its bs or not beerfd ask around I'm sure the word is spreading..ask the fine managmet...they are running scared..what barn are you out of anyway

I don't care if you think its bs or not beerfd ask around I'm sure the word is spreading..ask the fine managmet...they are running scared..what barn are you out of anyway

I'm in the "old" South. Even if it's true, what are they going to do?? Go on strike?? The workers in Ohio are well compensated (con-way). As soon as the first few get fired for not working, everybody else would soon get back to work. It would be a fruit-less effort on their part. If it's true, it will not work.. A lot of drivers making 90K+ will tell you and any union to get lost.. but I will keep my ears open and report back anything I hear.. I don't think I will.

don't be fooled, tom and truexco are the same damn person here with 2 usernames.

The same in we both work at xco but have very different opinions on if we should have a union or not.so 2 usernames I don't think so thanks anyway

The same in we both work at xco but have very different opinions on if we should have a union or not.so 2 usernames I don't think so thanks anyway
Nope, you and truexco are the same person on the same roadrunner connection using the same computer, pick a name or I will ban both usernames.

nobody runs scared...
you can drag your soapbox out on here and stir all you want
this activity is considered a mere distraction to day to day operations
in any battle you must know the strengths and weaknesses of your enemy... you know neither

Upsf went union you know what they got......union dues!

Merdock you take a harsh tone with me... I was only telling what is going on at xco. This is a message board is it not? My original post states I do not support this action. Whole reason to post was to inform others of what was going on

The bearer of your news will always receive this kind of reception .. Honestly ... you guys are setting yourselves up for more trouble than what you will be able to handle.. good luck with that. You will need it.