XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
I have heard that XCM is looking to organize and I have heard other places like XKC have very big interest in it. If you get some of the Bigger barns like xsl xsw xco xin xkc and so on then it will stop xgo from coming down on one barn
If you guys win this fight and I hope you do do not allow con way to negotiate with the union to allow con way to give you their pension and medical ,keep everything strictly teamster benefits . If you don't all you'll have is a union card and dues Remember it MUST BE A TEAMSTER PENSION AND MEDICAL PLAN NOT A COMPANY PLAN this very important or IMO you all will be very disappointed and very hard to change to a better plan if con way were to give you their plan . I also think that if con way were to go union you might start to see the rest of the nons follow . Good luck.:1036316054:

If you guys win this fight and I hope you do do not allow con way to negotiate with the union to allow con way to give you their pension and medical ,keep everything strictly teamster benefits . If you don't all you'll have is a union card and dues Remember it MUST BE A TEAMSTER PENSION AND MEDICAL PLAN NOT A COMPANY PLAN this very important or IMO you all will be very disappointed and very hard to change to a better plan if con way were to give you their plan . I also think that if con way were to go union you might start to see the rest of the nons follow . Good luck.:1036316054:

Thats what we want. We have made that clear to the local here. It would make no sense to have them representing us if they are not going to make things better. That's the whole point for doing this. We feel we don't have any thing to lose. We already don't have squat going towards retirement and the cost for the health coverage is a joke. This high deductible low cost crap. All they are doing is charging you to self insure yourself. God help anyone who has a family and had to take the low premium insurance to save costs. The upfront deductible alone will cause serious financial stress to anyone who has to use it. You can post anything you want, but you can not tell me that a big publicly traded national freight company can not negotiate better rates with insurance company's on behalf of its employees. It was just another way they took advantage of us when the economy turned.

Pup Driver said:

Most definitely keep it all teamster. There are 1000's of retired teamsters depending on us to support there pensions.

Overnights at LDA during FAC I've heard rumblings about people being tired of the way stuff is being run, very close to union talk but no one has actually said union though, just complaints about losing benefits, pay and vacation and how they think we should get it back faster. Closest I've heard to actual union talk is someone saying there is ways to get stuff back quicker, he just didn't want to bring it up in mixed company. I'm not exactly pro-union, but i'm more for it than I was a few years ago that's for sure.

Overnights at LDA during FAC I've heard rumblings about people being tired of the way stuff is being run, very close to union talk but no one has actually said union though, just complaints about losing benefits, pay and vacation and how they think we should get it back faster. Closest I've heard to actual union talk is someone saying there is ways to get stuff back quicker, he just didn't want to bring it up in mixed company. I'm not exactly pro-union, but i'm more for it than I was a few years ago that's for sure.
As time goes by you'll become a believer believe me . many of the nons retired guys say if they had it over they would have become union drivers . I am a retired teamster and between my S/S and teamster pension I have no money problems spent almost 44 years mostly with Yellow .:1036316054:

Well
Good luck maybe?? hopefully others will follow suit and some real change will happen this once was a great company to
work for Corporate Greed has gotten in the way of that !! The south Im afraid they will just sit back and let them do
what they will do . People here are skeered to stand up and fight for there rights this is sad but mostly true and as long
as this mentality exists here there will be no real change for us in the south !!

Well
Good luck maybe?? hopefully others will follow suit and some real change will happen this once was a great company to
work for Corporate Greed has gotten in the way of that !! The south Im afraid they will just sit back and let them do
what they will do . People here are skeered to stand up and fight for there rights this is sad but mostly true and as long
as this mentality exists here there will be no real change for us in the south !!

This job is easy money. I don't want anybody messing that up. If your that insecure with yourself, then maybe you need to get out of the freight business..

Yea ok ... 2nd post .. first post in the abf forum ...

This thread is very interesting to say the least. The viewings are through the roof. I think more people are interested in this then they are at watching arrogant Lebron James, and company, get their a$$es handed to them. Well, all I have to say is godspeed Conway employees. I admire your bravery. To sit back and do nothing, will only bring more of the same. If you ever want to talk with someone who has been where you are, let me know. I will not mislead, or lie to you. And by the way 99, pumpkinsocks is a true brother, who would give the shirt off his own back to help any truck driver, (union or not) if they needed him. He is as unselfish as they come. Regardless of what some will continuously say, there are union brothers who care about all of us. Drivers who do good work for our brotherhood, and who lend a hand to brothers outside of our organization. TE out....

And by the way 99, pumpkinsocks is a true brother, who would give the shirt off his own back to help any truck driver, (union or not) if they needed him. He is as unselfish as they come. Regardless of what some will continuously say, there are union brothers who care about all of us. Drivers who do good work for our brotherhood, and who lend a hand to brothers outside of our organization. TE out....

Next pm me with that info ... my opinions I am keeping to myself. I am just a moderator. I will not show support in either direction.

This job is easy money. I don't want anybody messing that up. If your that insecure with yourself, then maybe you need to get out of the freight business..

Come on I asked you before to let everyone know how it is that it is so easy. Please enlighten everyone so that the whole co. will be happy dappy

this job is easy money. I don't want anybody messing that up. If your that insecure with yourself, then maybe you need to get out of the freight business..
spoken like a real newbie,if this job is "easy money" like you put it, dont you feal guilty when you get your pay each week, give some of it back each week. You must have not been around in the begining when this was "the" company that people wanted to drive for. Now, we loose 1 for every 2 hired. I was told a while back" i can't find anybody that wants to work", thats not true, it's finding anybody that will work 12-14 hours a day with at regular pay and then told you must work on saturday, remember, your on the bottom. Maybe you are the one that needs to get out the freight business and get a job where you will feel like you earn your pay...........................

spoken like a real newbie,if this job is "easy money" like you put it, dont you feal guilty when you get your pay each week, give some of it back each week. You must have not been around in the begining when this was "the" company that people wanted to drive for. Now, we loose 1 for every 2 hired. I was told a while back" i can't find anybody that wants to work", thats not true, it's finding anybody that will work 12-14 hours a day with at regular pay and then told you must work on saturday, remember, your on the bottom. Maybe you are the one that needs to get out the freight business and get a job where you will feel like you earn your pay...........................
Everybody is so pissed at the company. Things must be different up North, than they are in the South..this is my last post for at least two weeks..

BTW, I'm not new. Been here for about 15 years...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody is so pissed at the company. Things must be different up North, than they are in the South..this is my last post for at least two weeks..

BTW, I'm not new. Been here for about 15 years...

BY THE POSTS THE FEELINGS ARE THE SAME all over,SANS KOOL-AID DRINKERS,APPARENTLY 5 CAL TERMINALS ARE CHECKIN OUT UNION AS ARE TEXAS TERMINALS,OBVIOUSLY OHIO,AND many MORE ARE EXPLORING AND THINKIN ABOUT IT,all drivers i've talked to for the last 2 yrs are for it,it's not just the NORTH