XPO | XCO Trying to Organize

would you support a union at con way

• yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
If he benefits in a case like this.....it is insider trading. John got busted for buying that safestack stock crap. Trading like that is something he shouldn't do. I am probably not ready for your paragragh long response to come my way. All them big words will confuse me. Just sayin
How many shares does Dougs wife own? His relatives? There is some research to cover.

help me out here... John who got busted for what safestack stock? SafeStack is our trademark on our product, and which one of the companies we purchased components from is publically traded allowing the insider stuff you mention?

short enough?

uncle charlie is lurking over your back. thats the handheld. i am waiting on the handheld program that drives the truck. it will get one with a c i am sure.

He purchased stocks from the company that sold that stuff to Con-way. I read it on here back when he lost his job......on Con-ways Truckin board section. Thanks for the short and sweet.

oh how did we operate yrs ago with out this modern crap. they spent 41 mil for this thing to cut peoples jobs. now that is getting back to the old way?

I thought I almost found what I was referring to from 8-29-10 posted but not proven on this particular post. None the less I seen it on here. I didn't just make it up.

I thought I almost found what I was referring to from 8-29-10 posted but not proven on this particular post. None the less I seen it on here. I didn't just make it up.

you found it on here and you didn't make it up... well that proves it, it must be fact if it was on the board. Yea, right. Try doing some real research, John was let go for his decisions on operating the company. Truckload rates on LTL, suspending the lineal foot rule, basically fill the trailers at any cost, that's what got him separated from the company. Quantity replaced quality, that produced the position the company found itself in.

sorry for using a couple words containing 10 letters... they just kinda fit there better

hey, here's a question that's been on my mind...

why the teamsters? there are other labor unions out there in better financial positions. Just wondering if there was any thought to asking for more than one opinion as to the best direction to go in. With one of the largest aviation merges going right now, there is an interesting fight by unions to try and get control. Kinda like getting three bids from the body shops for your car repairs... they all promise to get you back to like new condition, but how do you really know who is truly looking out for your best interest and not just theirs?

sometimes in the right environment under the right conditions management will answer your questions if you only take the time to ask

I did ask, and I like to think I excel at garnering info not generally intended for distribution. Nobody but you and our top management knows why John L left the company. I guess now we know "the facts". Thank you. Got any stock tips?

I did ask, and I like to think I excel at garnering info not generally intended for distribution. Nobody but you and our top management knows why John L left the company. I guess now we know "the facts". Thank you. Got any stock tips?

well you're welcome

I prefer skirt steak over steak tips myself. You have to be careful in how you cut them... across the grain ya know

you found it on here and you didn't make it up... well that proves it, it must be fact if it was on the board. Yea, right. Try doing some real research, John was let go for his decisions on operating the company. Truckload rates on LTL, suspending the lineal foot rule, basically fill the trailers at any cost, that's what got him separated from the company. Quantity replaced quality, that produced the position the company found itself in.

sorry for using a couple words containing 10 letters... they just kinda fit there better

I stand corrected.....my apologies. I seen it somewhere and I thought on here. When I read it, It seemed to be factual otherwise I would not have typed it. You got me Merdock.

Doug is responsible for ensuring that the company delivers maximum profit and the long term compensation encourages him to run the company well because he also has a stake in the outcome.

Well then maybe he should look into all the waste that happens in the city when FOS's send 3 drivers to a customer to pick up 1 skid.

why the teamsters? there are other labor unions out there in better financial positions. Just wondering if there was any thought to asking for more than one opinion as to the best direction to go in. With one of the largest aviation merges going right now, there is an interesting fight by unions to try and get control. Kinda like getting three bids from the body shops for your car repairs... they all promise to get you back to like new condition, but how do you really know who is truly looking out for your best interest and not just theirs?

Again I ask: Why can't Con-Way walk it's own path? If unionization can't be avoided - IF - the Teamsters can.

Merdock Your statement about other labor unions with better financial positions is a bit vague. It comes across as maybe some labor unions are having financial difficulties. This is off the IBT LM-2 report to the government.
Total Assets 196.979.916
Liabilities 88.371.439
Total Receipts 179.143.053
Hope this clears it up as to the Teamsters are not under financial duress !
Yes the labor unions are lined up to recruit new members, just like the LTL's are seeking out new shippers.
The question on my mind has always been why work for less ?

If conway goes union and i make too much money i would have to quit im just a dumb truckdriver who should learn to live with less.:1036316054:

When we started this at XCO we did look at other options other than the teamsters. When looking at other unions we kept asking ourselves who was best for us. We wanted someone nationwide (in case another terminal wanted to join us) and someone experienced with the trucking industry to represent us. We didn't want someone not familiar with the industry to be negotiating for our best interest with corporate. We also didn't feel it would be beneficial for different terminals to be represented by different groups. The thought being that unity would make us stronger.