XPO | xdp- major slow down

fly_by_night

TB Lurker
Credits
This was the terminal where a new driver
could run every night from the start and have
very good runs within a year. For the last two
weeks everybody under four years of service
is beening sent home after the outbound.
why?

fly_by_night said:
This was the terminal where a new driver
could run every night from the start and have
very good runs within a year. For the last two
weeks everybody under four years of service
is beening sent home after the outbound.
why?
freight is slow...

There is no denying that the central freight merger/closing which got confused and aired nationally as Con-way central closing rumor hurt our business levels... Customers have been calling in and questioning whether we are still open even today... We were slower than I think we should have been before this occurred but we took a real nosedive when the closing rumor went national... But our tonnage levels and bill counts are beginning to even back out to pre-rumor levels...

and ther is STILL a 2 hour backup tonight .!!! i am going to leave at the normal 1 hour back up time tonight i am NOT honoring a 2 hour backup its pointless WE HAVE NO FREIGHT TO BACKUP PEOPLE!!!!!

huey29 said:
and ther is STILL a 2 hour backup tonight .!!! i am going to leave at the normal 1 hour back up time tonight i am NOT honoring a 2 hour backup its pointless WE HAVE NO FREIGHT TO BACKUP PEOPLE!!!!!
you may not have alot of freight, but the larger terminals do. Tell Keith P. to get off his *** and get some customers!

fly_by_night said:
Hey Haywould,
Can you tell us why Nick G. was fired. Was
it his volcabulary?:ranting2:
yes it was. Him and a new driver had a few choice words then the driver went in and asked to file a complaint against Nick for using the "N" word. Then the driver quit. Nick had ALOT of write-ups in his file. Where are you out of?

Haywould said:
yes it was. Him and a new driver had a few choice words then the driver went in and asked to file a complaint against Nick for using the "N" word. Then the driver quit. Nick had ALOT of write-ups in his file. Where are you out of?
He was a wild man.You remember when two guys from xdp went to the corner house and he was in there.You fill in the blanks.

gfy said:
He was a wild man.You remember when two guys from xdp went to the corner house and he was in there.You fill in the blanks.
Mike T. is also very cool to hang out at the bar with, well he used to be before he got his DUI. now he won't go!

Haywould said:
Mike T. is also very cool to hang out at the bar with, well he used to be before he got his DUI. now he won't go!
Its kind of strange how many of our supervisors have gotten them.Mike T cool to hang with.Dose he take happy pill when he gose out?

Little Nick was brought in by Big Nick years ago. Actually not long after Skippy was brought in from the company that big Nick worked for. im sure he is over at NEMF with all the old crew.

gfy said:
Its kind of strange how many of our supervisors have gotten them.Mike T cool to hang with.Dose he take happy pill when he gose out?
Mike is very cool at the bar. You can't even buy your own drinks. Mikes a nice guy, if you understand his sense of humor.

Haywould said:
Mike is very cool at the bar. You can't even buy your own drinks. Mikes a nice guy, if you understand his sense of humor.
I'll take your word for it.You have always had your head in the right place.