FedEx Freight | XM Antennas............ Really!

R B

TB Lurker
Credits
So you can't put satelite antennas on new equipment, Fedex must Really want to have more accidents at night. Boring ass regular FM and AM, Driver shortage!!! So lets make it worse as a company.......Whose running this place, BEVIS AND BUTTHEAD!

Can't have hard mounted satellite antennas. Only magnetic ones (the tiny ones that don't work nearly as well) .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yep seen the memo yesterday. That was a rule from Watkins/National. Some body from there is probaly ordering the trucks now. All I can tell you is get a guick realease mount and remove it before you get back to the domicile.The stock antenna wil stay on the roof of a volvo and they wont say anything. I guess you could velcro it to a KW roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decide if I'm glad my driving days with this company are probably done or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cant put aftermarket CB antennas on either. Cant wait till you burn a good radio up and try to get the shop to put new coax in it.

Glad we dont have to worry about all this antenna business at our little dump in the boonies heck we wont see one of hose or hell we probably wont even see your guys old trucks with 200000-300000 miles on them they will probably reclass em so your city guys can use em and let us keep on with our old relics.

My silver dollar XM antenna has always worked well for me. I've never had the big antenna and I've lived in NH, WA and Texas. Never had a weak signal in the lower 48.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't have hard mounted satellite antennas. Only magnetic ones (the tiny ones that don't work nearly as well) .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When the two systems first started up Sirius had the better satelites. Three positioned over North America.

XM in a rush to be first up and running hooked up to the first ones avaiable. Their's are positioned down over the equater. Look at a globe. Big difference in angle of signal.

Sirius signal comes straight down no matter where you're at in North America. Unless you're under a bridge you should have a signal.

XM signal comes in at an angle from the south. Farther north you get the weaker the signal. Many areas they had to add booster towers to pick up signal from satelite and pass it on to radio. Pretty much defeated the whole idea of having satelite signal..

That information came from magazine article written a few years before XM and Sirius joined forces. I would have thought they would have combined the satelites and corrected the signal problems. Doesn't sound like they have.

I've been running Sirius since it first came on the market. Never had more than a magnetic mount and never had a problem. Unless I'm under very thick tree cover or right next to tall building (rare but it happens on occasion) I always have signal.

I lose signal on my city pedal in the mountains, like riding in a big ditch. Now i understand why. Thanks for the infro Fredex

I got a magnetic one from amazon Wilson brand it works good don't loose signal as much when I had the original. And we won't be seeing any of those new trucks either.

Cant put aftermarket CB antennas on either. Cant wait till you burn a good radio up and try to get the shop to put new coax in it.

I checked the SWR on R13672 and on 19 it was 2.7, as you know
That will fry your CB, I will not run a CB with the new trucks, and I will
Not keep my XM either, not the good place it once was to work.
PS I checked the SWR with a MFJ 259 Antenna analyzer.

A

I wish they would tell the office personal no family photos or effects just keep your work station the way Fedex wants you to have it. See how far that goes.

Just another way to **** the drivers off and set the tone so to speak, never happen the personal effects on office assosiates desk o workstation. I have to laugh they are worried about the antennas etc but when it comes to tbe maint or doing thourough pm's or fixing serious issues with the trucks that is all just a big joke but lets hammer guys about there xm radio and wilson 5000 antenna!!