XPO | xnh files for union represantation

I've worked here for almost twenty one years. I bled brown and orange. I feel that myself and many others have built this place from a regional carrier to the monster it is today. I also feel that the current executive staff that we have in place does not care about the workforce. We are entirely to top heavy, with a lot of these people trying to justify there jobs. Do you think it's a coincidence that based on our location are troubles became very real during the auto mfg crisis. I'm not pro or anti union. I will support whatever will make us innovative again. Lean is not the solution. We need freight people running this freight company. At this point our service ( which is our product) is sub par. The workforce that we are hiring is sub par. Everyone thinks it's all about price. Many customers are willing to pay for the peace of mind knowing that caring pros are handling there goods. At this point I've had $4000 of earned vacation stolen from me.
I've had well over $500k of pension stolen from me. And for all that says just leave if your not happy I say BS. individuals like us built this. Not those that are in charge now. They need to leave. We need to re engage our people and work to make it what it should be. I'm sick of following the competition. We need to be the leader again.

Do you honestly believe going union will fix any of that ? A union can't change the business or its operations. All they can do is offer representation. Ask a YRC driver about broken promises. And bad business decisions and practices. Ask him what good that union was to him. What that union did to stop top heavy management from mismanaging the simplest of day to day operations.

Good post. Suggest you consider organization as the solution.You will get back some, if not much of what we lost and their labor issues will be simplified so they can focus on moving freight. We were once the best at it, all the while compensating the workforce at the highest levels.

You can't promise any of that. For all you know they will get us less.

Labor will become more complicated. Work rules and grievances. They will be looking to get every penny out of that contract. And focused entirely on doing so.

Suggest you consider knowing what you are talking about.

Is there anyone left on this forum that actually works here ?

Upnorth, beerfd, myself..... Who else ?

I will speak for myself...I gave Conway over 15 years...promoted through the ranks and bled Brown/Orange and Blue. I still have many friends who work here, although I have moved on (voluntarily), I still keep a pulse on the company. My wife and kids grew up on Con-way. They were the beneficiaries of our hard work, real ICP checks, Christmas parties, picnics, gatherings, proud employees and lasting friendships. For me, I still care about Con-way since it was such a huge part of my life and I gave my all to see it prosper. I sometimes miss the comraderie but I am very happy I moved on...I am waiting for the day Con-way returns to the top. And wishing all the current folks still there nothing but the best.

I think it is testimony to the caliber and quality of people Con-way has employed over their history that regardless of the circumstances of how they all left, they still keep tabs. It's like watching your kids grow up. You build them up, send them on their way and then monitor their behaviors/actions/successes.

Labor will become more complicated. Work rules and grievances. They will be looking to get every penny out of that contract. And focused entirely on doing so.

How do you know what will or won't happen, do you have crystal ball?
I am not in this fight but some of your comments sure make me think about it.

I will speak for myself...I gave Conway over 15 years...promoted through the ranks and bled Brown/Orange and Blue. I still have many friends who work here, although I have moved on (voluntarily), I still keep a pulse on the company. My wife and kids grew up on Con-way. They were the beneficiaries of our hard work, real ICP checks, Christmas parties, picnics, gatherings, proud employees and lasting friendships. For me, I still care about Con-way since it was such a huge part of my life and I gave my all to see it prosper. I sometimes miss the comraderie but I am very happy I moved on...I am waiting for the day Con-way returns to the top. And wishing all the current folks still there nothing but the best.

I think it is testimony to the caliber and quality of people Con-way has employed over their history that regardless of the circumstances of how they all left, they still keep tabs. It's like watching your kids grow up. You build them up, send them on their way and then monitor their behaviors/actions/successes.
We would have four parties at drivers houses every years, a real big one around Christmas after the I.c.p. check came in. That was ccx.

Do you honestly believe going union will fix any of that ? A union can't change the business or its operations. All they can do is offer representation. Ask a YRC driver about broken promises. And bad business decisions and practices. Ask him what good that union was to him. What that union did to stop top heavy management from mismanaging the simplest of day to day operations.

a union can fix many of these things, what are you, trash? get an education, maybe you will change your tune....

yep, you will lose your special spot. wah wah wah. do you get off on screwing your coworkers?

How do you know what will or won't happen, do you have crystal ball?

Exactly. If he can promise all that. Then I should promise the opposite. Right ?

Or should we stick to speaking the truth. A union can offer you representation. Nothing more.

You make me sick. Wake up. Do you even know the truth ?

Those guys at YRC have lost plenty more than we have. Even with their union.

This YRC guy can answer your questions. I can also straighten out about 99 percent of the half baked BS you post about us. Any time your ready. Fire away.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

You make me sick. Wake up. Do you even know the truth ?

Those guys at YRC have lost plenty more than we have. Even with their union.
Talking about another Union company, I worked there 10 years, is that debateable? You must have read all the mou's & understand all that was lost.....

Why did you leave ? Probably because you felt it wasn't worth staying ?

Every day we show up to work is a vote for them to do as they do.

Taking that CDL to a competitor is the only way to hit them where it hurts.

Yes but I had only been there 3 years. Not enough seniority to worry about losing. For the most part, starting on the bottom sucks. Why should anyone be forced to give up being able to bid a better run just to "hit them where it hurts". They couldn't give a **** less about you going somewhere else to work. As long as they can make their numbers. Why do you think they want to fight the union? Because they want to better by you and make your situation? Or is it because they know that a union will tie their hands and force them to play by rules that aren just beneficial to them?

I'm very tired of false promises from xgo . I'm tired of them telling me lies. Do you really believe that the new raise wasn't brought on by the Laredo vote. Core value integrity. I have it. Jerry detter had it. Many good people at all levels of this company have and do have it. I can not and will not trust this executive staff ever. As I said before. I'm neither pro or against the union. I'm pro con way. I also believe that I do not have it bad at all. #4 at my sc , day lane bid, I earn a good living. It's the 8-10 year people that is the real threat. The dock workers are also a viable threat. Mr high speed do you know where we hired our cfo from? yrc. Tell me we're not adjusting our books and OR to build up the stock and please the investors. Do you get stock options?

Exactly. If he can promise all that. Then I should promise the opposite. Right ?

Or should we stick to speaking the truth. A union can offer you representation. Nothing more.

Who is representing us now? who holds the upper management to there word? I have no false hopes. My eyes and mind are wide open. This company has created this problem for themselves. I swore that I would never become a teamster as little as 5 years ago. Now I would consider the best option for myself, my fellow workers, and my family. Mr high speed did you work here in the good days? If so , then why are you so narrow minded about this matter. I have never tried to force my opinion here. I simply speak how I feel