XPO | XPB Driver passes away

FATBOY1

TB Lurker
Credits
Donnie Vinkler- AKA- Grumpy- past away Tuesday January 5. Donnie was hooking his set to go on his run to XCO.

For those who knew him we are better for it. He was a great guy and will be missed. In my case a whole lot. RIP BUDDY.

RIP Donnie
21m962q.gif

So sorry to hear that. Hope that the family is dealing with it. My thoughts and wishes go out to all.

Donnie Vinkler- AKA- Grumpy- past away Tuesday January 5. Donnie was hooking his set to go on his run to XCO.

For those who knew him we are better for it. He was a great guy and will be missed. In my case a whole lot. RIP BUDDY.

our thoughts and prayers

Grumpy ran to our barn every night he was the greatest guy around I will truly miss him "grumpy" never fit the man. He was always there for everyone else It was a sad day when I heard the horrible news...One question why was our fos's told they could not discuss his death with any drivers??

Grumpy ran to our barn every night he was the greatest guy around I will truly miss him "grumpy" never fit the man. He was always there for everyone else It was a sad day when I heard the horrible news...One question why was our fos's told they could not discuss his death with any drivers??

First I would think it is just a privacy issue, people pass and do we really need all the details? Secondly I think Conway wouldn't want rumors to go around and you know they will. It would be worse if it got back to the family that it was a supervisor that started it. And last but not least, Conway may feel there is a liability issue somewhere so don't talk about it. Just my opinion.

Sounds like someone discussed it with the supervisor. Why not the lowly and perhaps more emotionaly tied in driver/coworker?

Am sure there is a good reason.

When something like this happens at a work place there will be an investigation. When I mean work place I mean just about any large company. I am sure the fos' were put on a gag order from someone higher than the SCM.

First I would think it is just a privacy issue, people pass and do we really need all the details? Secondly I think Conway wouldn't want rumors to go around and you know they will. It would be worse if it got back to the family that it was a supervisor that started it. And last but not least, Conway may feel there is a liability issue somewhere so don't talk about it. Just my opinion.

I so disagree with this 'gag' order nonsense.

We lost a comrade in arms...Grumpy was good people.

This 'gag' order BS in nothing more than ConWay's total control policy. If they don't want rumors started then give out the facts as they know them.

Privacy is not the issue...liability is the company's only concern.

I will miss him.

Rat

When something like this happens at a work place there will be an investigation. When I mean work place I mean just about any large company. I am sure the fos' were put on a gag order from someone higher than the SCM.

As much as Conway likes to snake their way out of obligations and liabilities, it seems there is niether here. Unless there is more to the story, then there is little to investigate. Guess you can't blame them for being thurough.

As much as Conway likes to snake their way out of obligations and liabilities, it seems there is niether here. Unless there is more to the story, then there is little to investigate. Guess you can't blame them for being thurough.

It is a death that occured in the workplace...there will be an investigation by OSHA.

If Grumpy passed from the result of a heart attack then it will be revealed in the autopsy.

This...Hush!...Hush!...nonsense is insulting to his memory and his humanity.

Not to mention an insult to those that knew him and inquired as to his passing!

Rat

This...Hush!...Hush!...nonsense is insulting to his memory and his humanity.

Not to mention an insult to those that knew him and inquired as to his passing!

Rat
I 100% agree with you here Rat .. I did not know the guy but your opinion is right on .. :guiness: