Yellow | XPO closes purchase of con-way layoffs begin

I wonder if it won't be more of a restructuring of the way they are paid, some creative way that if a guy bust his ass for sixty or seventy hours a week you can actually make a bunch of money. Less jobs that pay by the hour and more miles and stops type pay?
TL has that kind of bs pay scale, and many other phantom pay promises. I'm sure the guys at the LA port, employed through an XPO company, thought they were going to be able to make a living also with that kind of wishful thinking.

TL has that kind of bs pay scale, and many other phantom pay promises. I'm sure the guys at the LA port, employed through an XPO company, thought they were going to be able to make a living also with that kind of wishful thinking.

WTF you make a good point about the LA port thing with XPO, cause with the Panama Canal thing complete. Those super size container ships start making their way to the deep water ports on the east coast. XPO has positioned themselves for controlling a large piece of the logistic pie. If you ride thru Jersey and see all those mega warehouses being built, its for a reason. Wonder how many will be XPO and what impact they will try to have on the NY/NJ port drivers yet alone the east coast one. Sorry for going off topic but I had to say this......

Look for ports in RTW states like Charleston and Savannah to benefit before NY/NJ or Baltimore, have they raised the Bayonne Bridge yet?
Post Panamax ships won't fit under it at it's current height..................................

Look for ports in RTW states like Charleston and Savannah to benefit before NY/NJ or Baltimore, have they raised the Bayonne Bridge yet?
Post Panamax ships won't fit under it at it's current height..................................
the 17 mile long Chesapeake Bay Bridge/tunnel let's Naval Ships in/our of Norfolk area... Screwy Louie might get work?

the 17 mile long Chesapeake Bay Bridge/tunnel let's Naval Ships in/our of Norfolk area... Screwy Louie might get work?

Bayonne Bridge still having work on it last I heard and Norfolk area already has set up its highway and rail infrastructure for port work. Problem is we been telling upper management all this freight we used to from the ports before we merged. We had our guys when on layoff pull the drays from the port or were live loaded onto our equipment.The last TM even had a drayage company pulling boxes to and from the ports for us.

what we have now is uninformed and scared management trying to save their jobs. Heck as much government and military bases here they can't even get half the drivers TWIC cards or Rapid-Gate pass to get that freight. They dispatch guys to the bases and they can't get access or have to wait over an hour just to get thru truck control on a normal day. Spoken to the regional sales reps when they visited us , regional president and all we get is we'll get back to you on it (you know what that means). Broken promises and lost opportunities is what they do best.

For example we were getting mining equipment off the ports from Germany going to West Virginia. We cross dock the equipment to our trailers, easy money no hand freight. We lost it to Estes cause when we merged they didn't want to secure that freight anymore.

Moving on its over with time to deep fry a turkey cause we got enough of them here.

Just a word of advice, if you go trolling on the Conway site be a little careful what you say....they are starting to act a little sensitive over there, I think they are getting nervous that none of the great stuff has started yet that they are expecting to happen.

Just a word of advice, if you go trolling on the Conway site be a little careful what you say....they are starting to act a little sensitive over there, I think they are getting nervous that none of the great stuff has started yet that they are expecting to happen.

The Conway Koolaid has a new flavor in the form XPO, they should be nervous cause grinch who stole christmas is lurking in their corporate office.