Yellow | XPO closes purchase of con-way layoffs begin

Hey old roadway guys , whats the scoop on this Tony Brooks , former roadway guy that has named big dog for the new XPO-conway ??

Was Eve Arden his mother?
MV5BMTk1MTQ3NjE2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjI4MzQ5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Hey old roadway guys , whats the scoop on this Tony Brooks , former roadway guy that has named big dog for the new XPO-conway ??
I've never heard of him either. If he was Big R, he must have been in sales. Because I'm pretty familiar with the operations and labor people.

http://www.xpologistics.com/content...tony-brooks-president-less-truckload-business
This is quoted from the above news release. "Mr. Brooks is a 30-year career transportation and logistics executive who has run three of the largest fleets in North America. He has managed complex networks in large companies, including Sysco Corporation, Dean Foods, Sears Holdings Corporation, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, and 11 years with LTL long-haul carrier Roadway Express, Inc."

I don't think that his LTL experience at Roadway was EVER at the AGO level. He may have risen to as high as TM somewhere, though. But he did not run Roadway Express EVER!
BTW, wongway I resent that "old" stuff! :hilarious::popcorn:

http://www.xpologistics.com/content...tony-brooks-president-less-truckload-business
This is quoted from the above news release. "Mr. Brooks is a 30-year career transportation and logistics executive who has run three of the largest fleets in North America. He has managed complex networks in large companies, including Sysco Corporation, Dean Foods, Sears Holdings Corporation, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, and 11 years with LTL long-haul carrier Roadway Express, Inc."

I don't think that his LTL experience at Roadway was EVER at the AGO level. He may have risen to as high as TM somewhere, though. But he did not run Roadway Express EVER!
BTW, wongway I resent that "old" stuff! :hilarious::popcorn:
Ok thanks to you SENIOR CITIZEN driver's :lmao:, for the info , and they are putting him in charge , but has not did alot of LTL managing before ?? good luck with that ???

I remember going to a customer just after CF closed. A CF driver was there delivering with an old ratted out GMC, they were still cleaning out the system. Two CCX drivers were there doing trailer swaps with new Sterlings I will never forget how they were snickering at this poor guy who knew he had only days left. From that point on I never had an ounce of love for that company.

Its not really their fault. I worked for CF out of the OK Corral (FRI - Fremont, IN). Jerry Detter used to be our TM and he left CF to start Conway Central. We used to refer to CCX on the CB as "Jerry's Kids." Referring to Jerry Lewis if you get my drift. CCX has used industrial psychology to pound into their heads for decades "Union bad, CCX good" so it is to be expected.

Although I am never happy when a working guy loses his job, I do snicker a little when I go to the Conway board and read the disbelief they have that the company sold them out.

Its not really their fault. I worked for CF out of the OK Corral (FRI - Fremont, IN). Jerry Detter used to be our TM and he left CF to start Conway Central. We used to refer to CCX on the CB as "Jerry's Kids." Referring to Jerry Lewis if you get my drift. CCX has used industrial psychology to pound into their heads for decades "Union bad, CCX good" so it is to be expected.

Although I am never happy when a working guy loses his job, I do snicker a little when I go to the Conway board and read the disbelief they have that the company sold them out.
I don't snicker a little i laugh out loud now i know their some good guys that work there but i didn't hear from a one of them after we shut our doors and for the most part they couldn't wait till we shut our doors. Now they can look for jobs in their 50's and 60's just like we had to do.

Did a little digging with some old RDWY guys yesterday. Brooks started in Ohio, and was a TM in Indy, until he left for other job.
All I have to say about that is I am from Ohio and I never heard of him, Jimmy G can claim him he was from Indy with the Yellow dog. You see It is Jimmy G's fault, not mine.

All I have to say about that is I am from Ohio and I never heard of him, Jimmy G can claim him he was from Indy with the Yellow dog. You see It is Jimmy G's fault, not mine.
I'm a husband, a son in law, a dad, and a granddad. Everything's that wrong is already my fault. I'm used to it.

Never heard of him... Or was he the new Tom that came from R to Y as TM in 08, and immediately laid me off? I didn't stick around long enough to know his last name... (Edit- never mind, that was Tom, this guy's Tony)

Last edited:
He was Rdwy, not yellow

One way or another, I've been on just about every dock in Indy. Stick around long enough, you meet everyone in LTL. :1sm057crazy:
Think about it Jimmy G, Someone is sticking up or you and it is the BIG R GUY!!!!!! There is hope for you after all. :1036316054:

I don't snicker a little i laugh out loud now i know their some good guys that work there but i didn't hear from a one of them after we shut our doors and for the most part they couldn't wait till we shut our doors. Now they can look for jobs in their 50's and 60's just like we had to do.
Thank you for the honest reply....I was starting to think I was the last guy on here who really doesn't care for non union guys who take over union work. I always figure that is why God gave me a middle finger and I figure he knew there would be six and eight lane highways some day and that is why he gave me two of them!