Yellow | XPO closes purchase of con-way layoffs begin

Thank you for the honest reply....I was starting to think I was the last guy on here who really doesn't care for non union guys who take over union work. I always figure that is why God gave me a middle finger and I figure he knew there would be six and eight lane highways some day and that is why he gave me two of them!
I'm betting God had a different reason? It could be an interesting debate- you vs God...

Thank you for the honest reply....I was starting to think I was the last guy on here who really doesn't care for non union guys who take over union work. I always figure that is why God gave me a middle finger and I figure he knew there would be six and eight lane highways some day and that is why he gave me two of them!

I must admit I'm confused and I need help figuring this out. Part of our (Teamster) problem these days is the lack of union representation in LTL trucking. We obviously need to unionize more of the non-union carriers in order to regain the power we once had in the industry. So instead of trying to welcome the nonunion people into our ranks and convince them of the benefits of unionization the answer is to flip them the bird as often as possible? Is that some new technique to get them to join the Teamsters? I really wish someone would explain that to me.

I must admit I'm confused and I need help figuring this out. Part of our (Teamster) problem these days is the lack of union representation in LTL trucking. We obviously need to unionize more of the non-union carriers in order to regain the power we once had in the industry. So instead of trying to welcome the nonunion people into our ranks and convince them of the benefits of unionization the answer is to flip them the bird as often as possible? Is that some new technique to get them to join the Teamsters? I really wish someone would explain that to me.
I am of the belief that it will never happen....end of story....period.....sure you can find a couple terminals in bum fudge new mexico or somewhere that you might be able to get to vote the teamsters in but after this central states fiasco any chance of ever getting someone like FedEx to unionize is never going to happen. IMO you would be lucky to get twenty percent yes vote and I would be shocked if you could get a third. Face it the maids and cab drivers and maybe a couple cement mixer drivers or bus drivers is about the best we are going to do. If you think I am wrong just go to the non union boards and talk about it, I think you will be sent back to your own board pretty quickly by them. And why would they want to give up higher pay and a better retirement, so they can give back two hundred dollars a week in a fifteen percent give back to get better insurance when they are probably only paying a hundred a week now. Dang it is easy to make the argument against the union and I plan on being a Teamster till the day I retire. But I'll tell you what if I was a younger man I think I would have to head out the door and go to a non union just so when I retire I know I had a pretty good size 401k to keep me going.

What's to not understand?

'Get bent worthless scab? Now sign this card and we'll be Brothers!'
I have always been a little more like "Get bent worthless scab, I don't want you as a brother" I am sorry if that offends some, but that is the way I feel, a man that would take away another mans job is not my brother even if he has a card in his wallet.

I have always been a little more like "Get bent worthless scab, I don't want you as a brother" I am sorry if that offends some, but that is the way I feel, a man that would take away another mans job is not my brother even if he has a card in his wallet.
I understand your thoughts. However I think you are missing a crucial element. Those men and women driving for the companies that YRCF HIRES are not taking anyone's job. I am extremely skeptical that ANYONE not protected by the "red circle" is losing work to PTS. And anyone who is protected isn't losing any money. So who's jobs are the employees of ANOTHER company taking?

I understand your thoughts. However I think you are missing a crucial element. Those men and women driving for the companies that YRCF HIRES are not taking anyone's job. I am extremely skeptical that ANYONE not protected by the "red circle" is losing work to PTS. And anyone who is protected isn't losing any money. So who's jobs are the employees of ANOTHER company taking?
I was not talking about companies that YRCF hires, I guess I may have gotten off of topic, was the topic about shiny wheels that are coming onto property to haul freight? I was talking more about the industry as a whole such as the CF Conway situation and others.

Kind of changing the topic a little, I have been hearing about this Menlo thing a lot when there is discussion about Conway being bought, anybody know what Menlo is?

You have to polish the Apple if you want them to take a bite.We need to clean our own house if we are going to have company.Get it!!.

"The idea for Menlo Logistics was developed in the late 1980s. At that time, CF Inc.’s director of marketing, John Williford, presented the idea for the company's creation — an organization that offered warehouse, inventory, and transportation management as well as full integration of supply chain links through customized systems and software — to upper management. The initial business plan was to create, implement, and manage logistics projects for its customers."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_Worldwide_Logistics

"The idea for Menlo Logistics was developed in the late 1980s. At that time, CF Inc.’s director of marketing, John Williford, presented the idea for the company's creation — an organization that offered warehouse, inventory, and transportation management as well as full integration of supply chain links through customized systems and software — to upper management. The initial business plan was to create, implement, and manage logistics projects for its customers."

Yeah. That's what I said !!!!

So it's basically the exact same thing that this new guy is trying to do buying Conway, but he is just doing it on a way bigger scale?