XPO | Xpo Driver Fails Field Sobriety After Dropping Rear Trailer

He was play-acting the George Thorogood song, he had

One Burbon
One Scotch
One Beer.

Some times you just gotta' get your drink on.

When you look at the picture the dolly is still under the rear trailer. Make you want to think that he forgot to check to make sure the pindle was locked. It getting cold out and grease turns into tar at these temps. You all need to check to make sure the lock if fully engaged and even pull up on it. Check and double check. Remember you love ones drive on these roads to.

He's a good guy with a major problem, give him a little compassion.
Lets see... He got behind the wheel while he was impaired... I trying to see how that makes him a good guy??? I have no compassion for anyone that gets drunk or high and drives. In my years as a Vol firefighter I have pulled to may innocent people out a car crashes caused by a drunk driver and let me tell you putting a 2yr old kid in a body bag stays burned in you brain.
Good guy my azz

Last edited:
Strict attendance policy causes accidents and injuries because your forced to come to work when not physicallly and or mentally well
Con-way Southern got themselves in a good lawsuit forcing a Driver that was sick to come in and run. Driver wound up Crashing and sadly passed away. Others may wish to chime in on this, but as I was told, the family sued and collected a large settlement from the Company.

When you look at the picture the dolly is still under the rear trailer. Make you want to think that he forgot to check to make sure the pindle was locked. It getting cold out and grease turns into tar at these temps. You all need to check to make sure the lock if fully engaged and even pull up on it. Check and double check. Remember you love ones drive on these roads to.
What about the safety chains?

Strict attendance policy, seriously? You believe that six unexcused absences in a rolling twelve month period is strict?
I don't know what the policy is now, that sounds reasonable. It's on the Driver if he wasn't fit for Duty. Should have called off work. Back in the old days , they kept no
Extra Driver's there to help cover when someone called in and they would go off
Thr deep end if someone was out.

Strict attendance policy causes accidents and injuries because your forced to come to work when not physicallly and or mentally well

Here is the FMCSA reg and then the company policy. So what's strict about it?

§392.3 Ill or fatigued operator.
No driver shall operate a commercial motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a commercial motor vehicle, while the driver's ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him/her to begin or continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle. However, in a case of grave emergency where the hazard to occupants of the commercial motor vehicle or other users of the highway would be increased by compliance with this section, the driver may continue to operate the commercial motor vehicle to the nearest place at which that hazard is removed.

[35 FR 7800, May 21, 1970, as amended at 60 FR 38746, July 28, 1995]

Employee Attendance
Our attendance policy and procedures are based on our
ability to make the required planning adjustments when
an employee is absent or tardy from a shift. As such, the
attendance procedure evaluates absences as being either
scheduled or unscheduled and monitors the number of
absences over a rolling 12-month period.
Procedures
Counseling and discipline for absences are not
dependent upon whether an absence is compensated or
uncompensated under PTO policies, but upon whether the
absence is “scheduled” or “unscheduled” as defined below.
■ Scheduled Absence: For an absence to be considered
“scheduled,” the employee must notify a manager or
supervisory personnel at least three hours prior to the
absence, and the absence must be approved by the
manager or supervisor.
■ Unscheduled Absence: All absences that are not
scheduled absences are unscheduled absences and are
recorded as one attendance event.
■ Note: Consecutive-day absences are considered one
attendance event regardless of the length of absence,
provided the employee follows the call-in procedures
each day, unless approval to deviate from the procedure
is granted by the location manager.

Strict attendance policy, seriously? You believe that six unexcused absences in a rolling twelve month period is strict?
and per the policy if you are out sick for 1 week straight that only counts as one event. Not 5 events like some believe. Also it is only an event if it is not approved by the manager or supervisory personnel.
I think I would rather plead my case with HR then have something like this happen. Trucking jobs are a dime a dozen out there, but you can't get one when you lose your CDL