XPO | XPO Financial Outlook

Start at beginning of this thread and read back through it, I don't agree with everything they said. Also, nobody else had seen that interview on here that I know off, and that's just a portion of it

Based on the job market, it looks like a lot of the truckload carriers are still moving a lot of freight since companies are still recruiting drivers, but the LTL industry has definitely slowed down and the LTL jobs have become limited. The economy is stagnant (at best) and it's looking pretty grim for the rest of the year. I hope that the analysts are wrong.

This is a reason for hope though. In '08 everything crashed to a halt. It's just the LTLs that have gone weak. Freight is still moving. If things pick up just a bit, we are back to fine and well again.

Is freight slow in Canada?
Inbound yes. Outbound, we can't keep up on certain shippers. Our dollar is worth 1.30 American, so huge saving to buy from Canada right now. Tractor related, case, JD, cat, all slowed dramatically. The big book distributors are buying like crazy.

Inbound yes. Outbound, we can't keep up on certain shippers. Our dollar is worth 1.30 American, so huge saving to buy from Canada right now. Tractor related, case, JD, cat, all slowed dramatically. The big book distributors are buying like crazy.
Cat just laid off 600 people

Class 8 truck orders at 16,475 were 59% below a year ago. This was the weakest order activity since 2009 and was a major blow to trucking. Numbers for January just came out a 48% drop in freight shipments so bad it was last seen in last Recession.

There is a overOTE="WHO KNOWS105, post: 1015378, member: 38722"]Class 8 truck orders at 16,475 were 59% below a year ago. This was the weakest order activity since 2009 and was a major blow to trucking. Numbers for January just came out a 48% drop in freight shipments so bad it was last seen in last Recession.[/QUOTE]
There is a over supply of used trucks driving trade in value down . And fleet orders are down also.

Class 8 truck orders at 16,475 were 59% below a year ago. This was the weakest order activity since 2009 and was a major blow to trucking. Numbers for January just came out a 48% drop in freight shipments so bad it was last seen in last Recession.

This is a lot like '08. Except we still have momentum. Things haven't just stopped quite yet.

There is a overOTE="WHO KNOWS105, post: 1015378, member: 38722"]Class 8 truck orders at 16,475 were 59% below a year ago. This was the weakest order activity since 2009 and was a major blow to trucking. Numbers for January just came out a 48% drop in freight shipments so bad it was last seen in last Recession.

I've noticed that several of your posts are messed up, when you quote someone else's post.

Make sure that after you click on the blue "reply button", to NOT delete or mess up the quote and the /quote part of the original poster's quote. (and you have to leave the [ ] and [ ] where they belong.) Those have to be left in tact to keep their quote and your response separated.
:1036316054:

I've noticed that several of your posts are messed up, when you quote someone else's post.

Make sure that after you click on the blue "reply button", to NOT delete or mess up the quote and the /quote part of the original poster's quote. (and you have to leave the [ ] and [ ] where they belong.) Those have to be left in tact to keep their quote and your response separated.

I'm not trying to be a {Richard}, I'm trying to help the guy post the right way. (And I quoted trucknfool, not you.)