XPO | XPO getting into Grocery warehousing

Now you have changed the entire group of questions.
This society won't even get concerned about buying American products, let alone worry about Union made products. And as I said earlier, my one man crusade accomplished nothing.

You have just changed your thoughts on those questions. And sometimes context or tact doesn't come through in type.

Is it a societal problem ? Are you a part of this society ? The union ? It's members ?

How many one man crusades that end in failure does it take to crush a movement ?

I find it amazing that all these pro union guys want to say people need educated. That these union rights are so valuable. But that the members themselves will not support their own best interests. But on top of that would take union earned money and hand it over to non union companies and further strengthen their position against their union competitors. Your own union jobs.

It's this simple philosophy, even my grand father with his 7th grade education understood it, if you don't buy American, you won't be American for long. If you don't buy union, you won't have unions for long. Every time you make a purchase you cast a vote for that company. You say this one should succeed and that one shouldn't. Why would you willingly vote to loose your own job ?

I guess really my question to you is; if you aren't going to participate in being a union member and uphold it's concepts and respect it's members as a member yourself, how can you expect it from anyone else ? How can you blame everyone else for not doing something that you won't do yourself ?

Again, not being critical or trying to blast you. Just an open conversation with someone mentally capable of having the discussion without it degrading into cussing and name calling.

Saw a big ol' boy driving into KC yesterday evening with a YRC sticker on the back glass of a Yaris...

My grand father hated when a bought a foreign car. I told him I still like the American trucks. But the cars are not the same quality. I can't spend that kinda money on a lemon off the line. He'd say, " SO DRIVE A TRUCK ! ". Well, here we are years later and I still drive " trucks ". And have a Honda Fit to manage my 37 mile one way commute to drive that Mexican made ::shit:: pile. Sometimes it's just not that easy.

It's amazing what has happened in this country over the last 50 years. Absolutely amazing. Back then there would have been people by the thousands storming the White House. Now all we are worried about is having open/group restrooms for transgender idiots that can't figure out if they are a boy or a girl. Heaven forbid someone offend somebody by suggesting that they should even be able to figure that much out. And if this is really how far the world has been degraded, that we can't even handle this, is it any surprise at all that we can't handle any serious issues effecting life and liberty in this country ? What hope is there for a future when people look at a men's and women's restrooms and can't decide ?
This is the definition of 1st world problems. And your inability to identify with who you born as is not a problem for society as a whole. Everyone has ::shit:: they deal with. Get a real problem and maybe I will feel sorry for you. If you have the kinda time and money that this crazy ::shit:: is actually all the better of a struggle your life can handle, then you are LIVING A WHOLE LOT FARKING BETTER THAN I AM !

We should be focused on clean food and water. Secured borders. Better education. An improved health care/ disease prevention system. The foundation of a successful and thriving culture. Everyone wants to be safe and healthy and smart enough to know how to continue feeding that machine until the next generation can step in.

Sorry, for the rant.

All good points made. And you're darn right I will do what's best for my family, but the me, me, me mentality today does not help the union. Without solidarity, there is no uni(on)ty. Fifteen years as a Teamster with an unaccountable, unactionable local, I have no sympathy for lack of new membership. Our nation's leadership has also let us ALL down as you're hard pressed to buy goods made in USA by American owned companies. GM, so many years ago, moved most production to Mexico. The loss of UAW jobs as well as the trickle down to local shops destroyed my state's economy. Then we give a bailout cuz they can't sell cars. Hello. You unemployed everyone, then wonder why no one can afford your ****ing product. Huh, weird. Oops, thought this was the rant thread.

How many one man crusades that end in failure does it take to crush a movement ?
That's a good question, with no easy answer. One thing for sure, those who have given up on their "one man crusade", like myself, are disappointed and disgusted with this country on many levels, and have kind of given up.
Nowadays, because of what our Govt. has allowed from the foreign countries, we can look at cars with foreign names on them.......that were built here in the USA. That has worked really well to confuse the citizens.

But that the members themselves will not support their own best interests. But on top of that would take union earned money and hand it over to non union companies and further strengthen their position against their union competitors. Your own union jobs.
I get your point, and you are correct. Personally, I've only bought {Union} American made vehicles, but when it comes to other products like groceries, it's all about price. But again, I would ask the auto workers if they will only use a union carrier to get their products delivered to their home. The answer would most likely be that they will base their choice of carriers on price. Several years ago, I FORCED a company that I was placing an order with to use a union carrier, and I threatened them that if they didn't use them, I would refuse the order. (It only happened one time where I had to do this, but it worked after I told them where I worked.)

I guess really my question to you is; if you aren't going to participate in being a union member and uphold it's concepts and respect it's members as a member yourself, how can you expect it from anyone else ? How can you blame everyone else for not doing something that you won't do yourself ?
Family comes before Union in my world, so I don't expect anyone to spend extra money that they could put toward their family's needs to support Unions instead. Would it be nice if everyone that was union supported the unions wholeheartedly? Heck yes, but that's not realistic, and when times are tight, prices matter.

Again, not being critical or trying to blast you. Just an open conversation with someone mentally capable of having the discussion without it degrading into cussing and name calling.
I'm surprised that a few certain individuals haven't already destroyed this conversation......with both of us being in the cross-hairs. It's probably coming soon.
lol

Now all we are worried about is having open/group restrooms for transgender idiots that can't figure out if they are a boy or a girl.
This is the disgust and disappointment that I speak of. This country has fallen so far off track that Union products or even American made products have taken a back seat to these damn freaks who aren't sure what sex they are.

We should be focused on clean food and water. Secured borders. Better education. An improved health care/ disease prevention system. The foundation of a successful and thriving culture.
We have become a society of victim-hood. Everyone is looking for their opportunity to either be the victim, or the one riding in on the white horse to save the victims.
In my opinion, about 50% of this country wouldn't take a good paying union job with the good benefits if it was offered to them, since deep down, their too :censored: lazy to work.

Sorry, for the rant.
It's all good, we are just blowing off steam. As I often say, this country sucks right now. It sucks for union and non union members, it sucks for anyone who works for a living, and it sucks for everyone who was hoping to someday live the American dream. It's looking more like the American nightmare nowadays.

All good points made. And you're darn right I will do what's best for my family, but the me, me, me mentality today does not help the union.
No, it doesn't help the unions. But for me personally, I make all kinds of sacrifices for my family's sake. I want the best for them, and that's what drives my ambitions. I made that commitment to myself when I decided to get married and have children. For me personally, I could live in a cabin in the woods with no electricity or running water and be as happy as a pig in mud, but I know that's not what my family wants, and that's not what I committed to years ago. I have always made sacrifices for my family.......but technically, not for myself.

Fifteen years as a Teamster with an unaccountable, unactionable local, I have no sympathy for lack of new membership. Our nation's leadership has also let us ALL down as you're hard pressed to buy goods made in USA by American owned companies.

I'm going to refrain from commenting very deep on the union leadership part, but hell yes, the
leadership is to blame, right along with the members who continue to re-elect them.

Ship 2 packages the same size , and weight , and value ( let's say it's a camera ) You will pay an arm and a leg to send it UPS versus FedEx Ground. Get the insurance , upgrade to next day - one still costs more than the other by a large margin.

In UPS's defense , it's been years ago since I've even thought about sending something with them over FedEx Ground ( I tried to use UPS because I worked there , but they cost SOOO much more for the same service ) , but now the post office is the cheapest way to go.

Union or non-union , price matters , even if you work at a union company. When I worked at UPS , they didn't care if the employees could afford to use their services - corporations and smaller businesses is were the focus was.

Last edited:
Ship 2 packages the same size , and weight , and value ( let's say it's a camera ) You will pay an arm and a leg to send it UPS versus FedEx Ground. Get the insurance , upgrade to next day - one still costs more than the other by a large margin.

In UPS's defense , it's been years ago since I've even thought about sending something with them over FedEx Ground ( I tried to use UPS because I worked there , but they cost SOOO much more for the same service ) , but now the post office is the cheapest way to go.

Union or non-union , price matters , even if you work at a union company. When I worked at UPS , they didn't care if the employees could afford to use their services - corporations and smaller businesses is were the focus was.

In my experience there is no difference in price. However, Fedex is lazy and I often get a notice a week later they tried to deliver and were unable to for whatever reason. So I have to pickup my package at their center. Or Fedex is contracted to drop my package off at the post office and I have to go up and pick it up there. I always complain when my package is sent via Fedex.

In my experience there is no difference in price. However, Fedex is lazy and I often get a notice a week later they tried to deliver and were unable to for whatever reason. So I have to pickup my package at their center. Or Fedex is contracted to drop my package off at the post office and I have to go up and pick it up there. I always complain when my package is sent via Fedex.
You sound like a residential deliver and want to know why you need to pay for a liftgate. Maybe you should read the shipping terms before you order.