XPO | XPO integration of Con-way - Official Thread

ixjunitxi

TB Lurker
Credits
Wanted to start a running / updated thread on XPO's integration of Con-way. I think this will be the most telling in terms of whats to come.I also think this will be a good place for Con-way drivers and employees to share thoughts / information which will allow us to stay ahead of the game!

Share what you're hearing / seeing good or bad (ENOUGH with the speculation!!)

It seems like the integration is already underway : /. The employee faqs was rolled out and it seems like our benefits are safe.... for now

On a positive note, we have been seeing more freight. Others have pointed to increased freight being pushed into our system by XPO (maybe testing the system), can anyone confirm this?

At my terminal we are busting with freight. Everyone is working like a hive of bees. Not enough of anything
A pup gets emptied and they start loading it immediately. Life is good when your busy.

I think you may be busy
Do not know what terminal you work at but in Houston the freight is very slow.
I think you guys will be real busy in the near future. I don't know if the freight levels at my terminal have anything to with XPO but we are humming

We don't move it unless its profitable, I'm sure XPO is of a similar mindset.
Not necessarily, look at CHR they have lots of cheap freight that ends up on "in house" trucks. sometimes you have to haul the garbage to get the gravy. At any rate I wasn't trying to start anything so don't get your knickers in a bunch.

Do not know what terminal you work at but in Houston the freight is very slow.
Boston region seems pretty slow. Our CSR is done early every night due to low pick up numbers. Linehaul drivers all running to cover terminals that are short drivers.

Not necessarily, look at CHR they have lots of cheap freight that ends up on "in house" trucks. sometimes you have to haul the garbage to get the gravy. At any rate I wasn't trying to start anything so don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Never said you were. Just replying to your post.

Thats an interesting point. Not sure how much lane overlap XPO and CHRW have? Along with any other brokerage that Con-way uses? Also, could be a benefit to drivers if XPO can direct more freight to Con-way

We recently had a regional manager promoted to head of linehaul if I'm not mistaken ( Mr. Pleathers ) I wonder will new ownership keep him in place?

we got a 100k bonus one day this week! handled it like business as usual. management couldn't confirm why we got it but we all know. OOF region.