XPO | XPO Logistics Appoints Tony Brooks As President Of LTL Business

Roadway was a good, debt free LTL. Yellow ruined it.

if Roadway was so good and Debt free how did YELLOW buy them???? let me help you ROADWAY was sucking air and their stock price was starting to reflect how bad they were sucking and dropped like a rock which allowed YELLOW to buy them....

if Roadway was so good and Debt free how did YELLOW buy them???? let me help you ROADWAY was sucking air and their stock price was starting to reflect how bad they were sucking and dropped like a rock which allowed YELLOW to buy them....
Yellow bought them because they overpaid for them on credit. Hence the enormous debt load that yrcw is now carrying.

That guy had posted the EXACT same post in other threads. That's what UpNorth was talking about. There is no need to copy and past the exact same post and spread it all over every thread. That's what the guy did.
It has nothing to do with him expressing his opinion, and everything to do with posting the exact same post over and over again.
:1036316054:

How is that any different from what you do ? :duh: HEHEHEHE

There's a reason YRC doesn't own anything anymore. Yellow sold it all to buy Roadway, sold it all again to buy USF, and sold it all again because they had no money left to run the pile of ::shit:: they created.

Get your facts straight. Yellow took out a massive loan and they're still up to their ass in it. Roadway is dead, thanks to Yellow sucking it dry. The YRC Freight that exists today is just Yellow pretending they didn't kill Roadway. The "R" in YRC is NOT The Big R. It's The Big Lie.

Phony numbers is what this guy is about. Now with a Roadway Exc as your president get ready for your card. They funded this overtaking. I would look for other opportunities cause he ain't made a profit yet with this XPO crap. This guy doesn't care about you or anyone else. Heard big accounts walking out the door after what they did to a lot of valuable people last Friday. Should have cut management not sales. Brad is not smart enough to know that this is relationship business not the Trash or Rental industry.
The sky is falling!

If you really want to understand and know what you are talking about on this subject you need to do some reading up on the matter because you do have it all wrong.

Good grief. Here we go with the old "who was the money maker, Old Yeller or Toadway" argument.

Can I see a show of hands on who actually cares.:17113:

That argument has been lingering on for way too long. The fact is that they were both dinosaur operations that never evolved with the "just in time" delivery mentality.......well over a decade ago.
:hide:

For all of you running your mouth about Roadway, and why Yellow bought them. Roadway had 200 million of debt at the time, but 600 million of cash on hand. So, you might wanna take that into consideration.

As for DEBT, and your new owners.. that lost over 91 million dollars last quarter ; this was said on their conference call yesterday...

They ended the quarter with 5.8 billion of debt

With 500 million of cash on hand.

Last edited:

XPO Logistics Appoints Tony Brooks as President of Less-Than-Truckload Business
Career transportation and logistics executive to lead second largest LTL operation in North America
GREENWICH, Conn. - November 4, 2015 -
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) ("XPO") today announced that it has appointed Tony Brooks as president of the company's less-than-truckload (LTL) business, effective November 11, 2015. Mr. Brooks will have executive responsibility for XPO's LTL operations in North America, recently acquired as part of the Con-way Inc. transaction.

Mr. Brooks is a 30-year career transportation and logistics executive who has run three of the largest fleets in North America. He has managed complex networks in large companies, including Sysco Corporation, Dean Foods, Sears Holdings Corporation, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, and 11 years with LTL long-haul carrier Roadway Express, Inc.

Mr. Brooks joined XPO from multinational food distributor Sysco, where he was responsible for North American field operations. Prior to Sysco, he served as senior vice president of logistics for Dean Foods, with responsibility for logistics, delivery, warehousing and fleet management. Earlier, over a decade in national operations with Sears, Mr. Brooks drove significant cost efficiencies and improved safety performance. For PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, he held executive responsibility for regional transportation, fleet, warehousing and inventory management.

Bradley Jacobs, chairman and chief executive officer of XPO Logistics, said, "Tony is a high impact player with 11 years in LTL, who has run three of the largest fleets in North America. Over his 30-year career, he has held senior operating positions with best-in-class organizations such as Sysco, Dean Foods, Sears and PepsiCo. We're excited that Tony will be leading our LTL platform in North America to its full potential as part of our larger service offering."

Mr. Brooks holds a master's of business administration degree from Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management.
About XPO Logistics, Inc.
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The company provides services for less-than-truckload transportation, truckload brokerage and transportation, last mile logistics, engineered supply chain solutions, high-value-add warehousing and distribution, ground and air expedite, intermodal, drayage, global forwarding and managed transportation. XPO serves more than 50,000 customers with a highly integrated network of over 84,000 employees and 1,469 locations in 32 countries. XPO's corporate headquarters is in Greenwich, Conn., USA, and its European headquarters is in Lyon, France. www.xpo.com
Investor Contact:
XPO Logistics, Inc.
Tavio Headley, +1-203-930-1602
[email protected]
Maybe you guys will start servicing fast food restaurants and schools too??? They can just hang some reefer units on half your pups...

The guy made a big turn around at Roadway, things only went bad after Yellow bought them! They were buying new equipment and making money prior to that..... He was handed a turd with Roadway and did manage to turn it around, so having someone with experience in the business is more than likely a good thing I would think.
Thank goodness...finally someone w/ some encouraging words about the guy. I sure do hope that this Brooks guy DOES wonders for us. He certainly can't be any worse than the last leaders that ran the show at Con-way. Did D.S. and G.L. even have any LTL experience before they were put into their top echelon positions of running Con-way way back when? Refresh my understanding on Doug and Greg along these lines, somebody, anybody???

Thank goodness...finally someone w/ some encouraging words about the guy. I sure do hope that this Brooks guy DOES wonders for us. He certainly can't be any worse than the last leaders that ran the show at Con-way. Did D.S. and G.L. even have any LTL experience before they were put into their top echelon positions of running Con-way way back when? Refresh my understanding on Doug and Greg along these lines, somebody, anybody???
My understanding is that "Dougie" is a day one employee starting in Cincinnati on the dock. Our use to be HR person worked with him. Now, I know, this makes matters worse for him as the way they turned out. Like all politicians he bought into the elitism of the system. I wish it weren't so, but it is.

My understanding is that "Dougie" is a day one employee starting in Cincinnati on the dock. Our use to be HR person worked with him. Now, I know, this makes matters worse for him as the way they turned out. Like all politicians he bought into the elitism of the system. I wish it weren't so, but it is.
thanks for the info ole man

Yes, Doug started as an fos in Ohio. He worked his way up. Sometimes I think that was part of the problem. He didn't have any recent outside experience or fresh ideas. At least no good ideas.

Yes, Doug started as an fos in Ohio. He worked his way up. Sometimes I think that was part of the problem. He didn't have any recent outside experience or fresh ideas. At least no good ideas.
10:4!!! Now I remember vaguely about his background. What about the other , Greg?

10:4!!! Now I remember vaguely about his background. What about the other guy ,Greg L.?