XPO Logistics CEO: In '10 years maximum, there'll be fully autonomous trucks

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Dick Dastardly, Sep 14, 2017.

1. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

Don't think for one moment that politicians aren't beholding to the trucking lobby. They work for company money just like Hoffa. Laws can and will be passed that will prevent such lawsuits from having standing

2. Rollin

Rollin Member

Technology is moving at a rapid pace as time goes by, now we are faced with AI and BIG DATA. The so called "driver shortage" a problem they've created themselves, is all the more excuse for big trucking companies to go down the road of driverless trucks. My guess is any trucks that go point A to B will go first, such as linehaul or over the road. Little easier to mange on the up start. How much you think their going to pay to sit in cab and do nothing, as Barney retools the drivers?

Think about it, if something malfunctions in a truck or a train which one do you want a person in? A set of doubles/53' trl going down the interstate or 110 car train. I have heard of locomotive engines controlled remotely in yards.

Just my two cents as I see it.

highspeeds likes this.
  3. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

A team of lawyers will sue, collect millions, and life will go on, just like it does now.

4. Cecil

Cecil New Member

Am I the only one who thinks of the movie Robots with Will Smith? Where his car gets hacked and he has to to manual override of the car. I laugh at the people who say it's poissible. I don't see automated trucks in the next 30 years.

ole man and LTLIndentured like this.