XPO | XPO Logistics Plans to Invest Up to $90 Million in Road Fleet in North America

yippee.

Honestly , really happy. Now , can we please get rid of the tractors that are old enough to vote. A few are old enough to drink legally. I don't want to leave out the tractors that are high schoolers - they are done for the summer and have chipped in a lot.
Do get to happy that works out to about 2 to 3 trucks per barn and we all know the end of the line barn will get the hand me down ragged out junk from the FAC. The FedEx barn near me got around 12 to 15 new trucks in the last 12 months and they are an end of the line barn. If XPO would have done that in the last 12months at my barn then hlf our fleet would be less that a year old. We have a lot of catching up to do. Now we need to replace all the dolly that are old enough to collect social security.

As the number of drivers drops you will see more of a demand for vans as a force multiplier.

Peddle drivers having more stops on longer boxes. Pup drivers pushed into 48 footers. 48ft peddle vans will be 53ft'ers soon.
It also means more returns. There are places I wouldn’t go in a 53 that I could hit in a 48 and so on. I am constantly amazing at how many younger drivers risk accidents to satisfy managements number-lust

It also means more returns. There are places I wouldn’t go in a 53 that I could hit in a 48 and so on. I am constantly amazing at how many younger drivers risk accidents to satisfy managements number-lust

Also more returns from missed appointments because of bad routing or having that trailer sitting in the dock waiting on late arriving freight before they will release the route. Bringing back freight used to be a sin. It's just part of daily life now.

All I will say, is I hope they set the next ones are set up correctly at the factory. I've been driving a 15 liter since last November, and the only thing that truck does is put you in a coma going down the road. It's a foot longer than the short hoods so it gives a nice ride. It has a Eaton/Fuller 10 speed auto, it does not skip shift like the others do, the only drawback is when you go into manual mode it beeps until you go back into auto mode.

Do get to happy that works out to about 2 to 3 trucks per barn and we all know the end of the line barn will get the hand me down ragged out junk from the FAC. The FedEx barn near me got around 12 to 15 new trucks in the last 12 months and they are an end of the line barn. If XPO would have done that in the last 12months at my barn then hlf our fleet would be less that a year old. We have a lot of catching up to do. Now we need to replace all the dolly that are old enough to collect social security.
Yeah after I did math like you say 2 to 3 trucks of nearly 300 barns doesn't sound much different than what's been going on in the last couple years.

I still see Sterlings being used. The Cascadias are money pits that spend more time in the shop than on the road. What ever they buy can't be any worse than what we have.