XPO Logistics Sues Trucker YRC, Charging Rival ‘Poached’ Executives, Trade Secrets

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Freightmaster1, Feb 5, 2016.

1. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

A Driver Sales Representative that is any good at his job keeps an eye on his regular customers and communicates anything that may be an advantage to the Account Executive.

Again , I question what the Account Executives spend their time on during the day - take it as a criticism if you will , but I'm happy to state the fact that I have no idea what they do during their workday. We have some that ride with select drivers on occasion but that's a small sample.

I am using my terminal as an example: for the last decade we have had no new local accounts. Personally , I would like to see more new local accounts. The only new freight that has come to our terminal has been national accounts. Personally , I think that's wonderful but , I don't want all of our terminal's eggs in one basket.

What's wrong with national accounts? When there is a problem the local Account Executives don't have a lot of incentive to try and fix whatever is wrong. It's not their account. And as far as running into or getting ahold of an Account Executive , it helps as far as making sure the customer's satisfied with what XPO Logistics is doing for them.

And yes , of course we want the Account Executives in front of the people that make the decisions as far as who hauls their freight , but it's troubling to me as a driver that I've had those decision making people complain to me on the dock about not seeing an Account Executive.

So , I admit , I'm ignorant to how an Account Executive spends their time during a workday , if someone would care to share , please and thank you.

Blue-done-4-U likes this.
  2. highheadblues

highheadblues Well-Known Member

We'll never get the chance to speak to any of these guys. Ever since the paycuts the senior execs quit coming around. They tried to come around to try to improve morale, but that didn't work out well for them. They sent some VP and a couple other guys to our terminalabout 5 years ago, but we all started yelling at them and calling them morons, and things got really heated to the point they got up and left and we followed them to the parking lot screaming at them until they got in their car and left. Haven't seen anybody from upper management since. Even the regional boss who used to come in a few times a year hasn't been back.

trucknfool likes this.
  3. snaildriver

snaildriver Retired

If Chet is widely known as "the industry's linehaul optimization leader", the other LTLs must be running around in circles.

catchTHErabbit and highspeeds like this.
  4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts from your prospective. Very informative......and coming from a viewpoint that most us never see.
    :1036316054:

5. zrt_1000

zrt_1000 New Member

616jimmy, highspeeds and Rondo like this.
  6. zrt_1000

zrt_1000 New Member

7. 616jimmy

616jimmy Well-Known Member

:couch:
    CCX Con/Way are just dust in the wind, get over it and move on its a new world!:violin::couch::smilie93c peelout:

8. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Oh yea. That was covered in the who'd stick their neck out for these people part.

9. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

From the Con-way Southern prospective, things went to crap when the bozos from south west CSW took over. I guess that it went bad for CCX when Detter left. That bunch of management didn't grasp who built Conway and it's customer base. Hint the drivers

10. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Does yrcw have the money to fight this lawsuit ???? maybe this will be the nail in the coffin for old yellow ????:19:

11. WHO KNOWS105

WHO KNOWS105 ASK ALICE

Does YRC Have money?:lmao::hysterical:

wongway and highspeeds like this.
  12. WHO KNOWS105

WHO KNOWS105 ASK ALICE

No disrespect to the drivers, was not my intent when I posted that...

13. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

They gave themselves huge bonuses after shafting the brotherhood with that contract. So I am guessing it's a, they have plenty for them, just none for you. Type of a thing.

wongway and trucknfool like this.
  14. snaildriver

snaildriver Retired

Disagree. I had a lot of respect for Big John. He would give you a straight answer even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, and because of him, you got A/C trucks. The decline came when Doogie rose to power and Fatbeard took over CSE.

15. trucknfool

Well with big John, you had idiots like the H R guy , I cannot remember his name. I wasn't impressed with his group of cronies at all.

16. trucknfool

Fatbeard bragged to us how many drivers had fired for refusing to drive in adverse weather conditions.

17. snaildriver

snaildriver Retired

I don't remember the HR guy, but I do remember a CSE guy that was pissed because he thought he was going to be president of CSE and wound up being VP under Big John. I didn't like him at all.

trucknfool likes this.
  18. Tao

Tao Member

It's cute and all, this lawsuit. But non-competes are generally not enforceable other than trade secret claims. Pretty sure the state which you work in is the legal umbrella.

I know in California they are considered illegal and impossible to enforce. So it seems pointless unless xpo can prove the secrets claim.

the5tolls and 616jimmy like this.
  19. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

20. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best