XPO overtime

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by FEDEX ROAD, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Well-Known Member

Board of directors when they hear people should be paid the same.

2. Stand4afuture

Stand4afuture Well-Known Member

3. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

I thought it was from when they heard the XWC union vote

4. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

The better benefits statement is a matter of opinion, I feel that my insurance among other things is better than what I had at Con-Job. Just saying.

derelict likes this.
  5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Driver. Stay put. FedEx is growing. There are some growing pains but it's going to be better long term. YRC. What more can anyone say ? Just don't, man. XPO. The are flipping for profit. This thing is going to be cut and gutted and sold off. You really wanna live through that ?

Always good to be looking. I would guess you have good reason to. No job is perfect. But of those three. You are best where you are.

6. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I agree. Looking ahead based on the last 10 years of LTL, you are working for the best company in the LTL business. Driving a truck is way too mobile, scattered & most important has no special nitch that makes for forming a strong union. Heavy crane operators have a strong union. They don't have to travel, docking berth for large ships are limited, ships wait in the harbor to unload, the skill set to work the docks takes a lot more time & training than 6 weeks @ JB Hunt's driving school. Many reasons why some industries have lasted with union workers & will continue to do so. Dragging general freight down the highway is not one of them. Trucking is like a nomadic tribe, constantly moving. Even harder is finding enough drivers to assemble in one place to organize. And then there is the most important & last reason why organizing a union amongst truckers will always fail. Where does the sun rise? East or West?

JstBlendinIN likes this.
  7. JstBlendinIN

JstBlendinIN Member

So true !!

Songremainsthesame likes this.