XPO | XPO pay & benefit's ??

Could you please clarify that for them? I'm pretty knowledgeable on voting for union representation and you lost me there.
it means more no votes, provided enough people sign cards to bring it to a vote. just getting truckload people to sign a card should be interesting.

it means more no votes, provided enough people sign cards to bring it to a vote. just getting truckload people to sign a card should be interesting.
OK, I thought you were misled and or misleading. If the truckload drivers perform their own work and the LTL guys do their own with no crossover they could be classified as a different group and not vote together if there was to be an election.

according to the post I see here there is an unacceptable work atmosphere already in place, and a declining benefit package.
Everything is staying the same for now. All terminals should have posted a FAQ from the town hall that addressed most concerns. Ask your TM for it if it's not posted.

It's all wait and see. Nobody knows what will happen until it is time. I remain hopeful that it is a good thing for the employees.
You are right on the money there, all the chatter and speculation won't write the rules. All you can do is keep going and see what happens. I don't envy you at this time. For me having bad news is preferable over the uncertainty.

according to the post I see here there is an unacceptable work atmosphere already in place, and a declining benefit package.
Are we still talking about Conway or the union outfits?:biglaugh:

It could be either one. Neither Union or non-Union have "the greatest contract ever". -----Hoffa

No more than 3 violations & 3 accidents? Thus the low pay scale. PROFESSIONAL Drivers deserve professional wages. But seriously, have good weekend. Hard not to worry in your situation, but the unknown is exactly that. See what comes of this and THEN lay awake making the right decision for you & yours. No disrespect to our boys in the sky, but, GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

There's all kind of ways to look at this.

The CEO has said he see's a shortage of equipment/drivers in the future - one of his reasons for wanting to purchase Con-way Inc.

You can see why he feels this way when there are this many postings from XPO looking for drivers. A lot of these postings are offering about $1000 dollars a week. So that's about $50,000 + a year and a lot are local.

I would buy an LTL company too , if I were this guy - you can get a stable workforce of drivers and equipment with a network and salespeople - all in one.

Maybe hello linehaul. They didn't buy us for us not to move freight. I am hoping we may become a carrier where drivers drive, trucks that is, not forklifts. Why buy us if not run us?
I wouldn't bank on getting more linehaul runs more like runs from a hub to a railyard. Xpo is huge on intermodal and take from me I've seen happen here at my place. I hope it doesn't happen but we lost hundreds of good mileage road runs to the rail. Sure you'll still have some meets with rail freight but most bigger hubs are not far from a rail yard. Don't let them fool u either I've seen them put 2 day freight on the rail.

I wouldn't bank on getting more linehaul runs more like runs from a hub to a railyard. Xpo is huge on intermodal and take from me I've seen happen here at my place. I hope it doesn't happen but we lost hundreds of good mileage road runs to the rail. Sure you'll still have some meets with rail freight but most bigger hubs are not far from a rail yard. Don't let them fool u either I've seen them put 2 day freight on the rail.

It's the " hot " freight. The next day that will keep us busy. We all understand that.

I think that you missed the point.

Let me explain it to you. The current NMFA contract is no better than the contract that the nons don't have.
Guess your entitled to your own opinion. I rather have some type of guarantee than non at all. The nons are at the mercy of the company at all times. I will take an 85% NMFA of than what they have.