XPO | XPO Retirement Future

Xpo learned how to screw driver's over from the Union's CSPF broke fund !! bend over it' not going to be nice !!

I noticed today, in Dublin, Ohio. Just off 270 and 33 just west of 270 I was driving and noticed a building and on it was a huge sign. YEP XPO Logistics. I did not have time to turn around and travel to the building. I do believe it is a business building for them. It may have been there for some time, I just never noticed it before. You all have a nice junk yard off Roberts road as well. For those of you who do not know, Dublin and Roberts road are both in the Columbus Ohio area. Brad sure does things in a big way. A very beautiful building.

I noticed today, in Dublin, Ohio. Just off 270 and 33 just west of 270 I was driving and noticed a building and on it was a huge sign. YEP XPO Logistics. I did not have time to turn around and travel to the building. I do believe it is a business building for them. It may have been there for some time, I just never noticed it before. You all have a nice junk yard off Roberts road as well. For those of you who do not know, Dublin and Roberts road are both in the Columbus Ohio area. Brad sure does things in a big way. A very beautiful building.
Check the pictures on Facebook for XPO Logistics in Dublin. There some nice looking employees there.

This is the old Pacer world head quarters. One of the many companies bought by XPO. XPO has at least 13 buildings in Columbus. Just the ones we drivers have found.

I have to add that from experience do NOT rely upon your private SSDI from Cigna. They will cut you off at the knees ASAP and drop you. Then you spend time with a lawyer trying to get them to pay up. They cut my husband off saying only pain he has is from the tube inserted during surgery, nevermind he's missing part of his ribcage and has bone shards inside jabbing him constantly. Anyone that's had a cracked or broke rib/bone knows the pain this causes. BUT Cigna stated he can go back. We aren't the only ones this has happened to.
Due to the fact he had to retire out on SSDI before the rule of 85 (just 3 years away) my husband gets slightly less than $1000 a month. The amount you chose yourself from options given to you, whether you want it to go to your spouse if you die first or not. So don't rely on that either, it's nowhere near the amount promised and yes I know he didn't hit the 85 rule but still I've seen people with full pension not get much more. Pay off everything you have, save back weekly and have cash in savings along with the 401k and/or other investments you make. Sometimes you need to get to that cash ASAP but there's rules and laws to follow in order to get your retirement.
Making thousands less a year even if you didn't have a extravagant lifestyle still hurts the budget a lot.

I'm going to say something that may offend some, but I'll say it anyway. We know change is coming, other union and non Union carriers have been going through this for sometime. Instead of relying on the company to plan your retirement, plan it yourself. Talk to a financial advisor about a self directed plan. Divest yourself. Bitching about what XPO will do will do nothing to help your retirement.

I agree. I'm not dealing with disability, but my pension is not what was promised. However, I managed to get debt free and put a lot into my 401(k), so I'm living pretty well in retirement.

I've said this before: Don't depend on your employer or the government to fund your retirement.

I agree. I'm not dealing with disability, but my pension is not what was promised. However, I managed to get debt free and put a lot into my 401(k), so I'm living pretty well in retirement.

I've said this before: Don't depend on your employer or the government to fund your retirement.
I agree that you need to be responsible for your own retirement, or at least a large part. Too many people live large and in constant debt. My family lives very modestly, has only a small mortgage left and no other debt and I do have some in a 401k and other savings. It's very hard to explain this to two teenagers who will soon be in college. I don't think SS will be around for me in 15-20 years when I retire nor do I think I will ever have "enough" to retire.
But I can't spend my time worrying about it...

On the way to work one night (my husband was linehaul and #1 man at his SC since it opened) and someone T-boned us and crushed him. All we had left to pay off was our mortgage. We can make those payments but it's stressful. We're looking to sell our home by summer and have enough left over to get a place and buy it outright. If we'd had that final 10 years we would have had everything paid off and more savings.

The plan and simple sad truth is that None of benefits are still in existence as they were when we were hired in. Free health care, 10 sick days, ICP, company pension and a 401 K match. They took it all in our best interest of course!!!!

The plan and simple sad truth is that None of benefits are still in existence as they were when we were hired in. Free health care, 10 sick days, ICP, company pension and a 401 K match. They took it all in our best interest of course!!!![/QUOTE(Fools)!

The plan and simple sad truth is that None of benefits are still in existence as they were when we were hired in. Free health care, 10 sick days, ICP, company pension and a 401 K match. They took it all in our best interest of course!!!!
I don't work for XPO, but what you say is also true at my company what they had back 28 years ago was slowly and systematically taken away.

Rumor going around that vacation will be capped at 4 years for new hires. I know this is a trend industry wide. We all know years ago things were so much different then they are now. It's just amazing how corporate America continues to punish the working middle class for doing the jobs that make this country what it is. I guess they have more faith in drones and teleportation than they do a truck and driver.

Rumor going around that vacation will be capped at 4 years for new hires. I know this is a trend industry wide. We all know years ago things were so much different then they are now. It's just amazing how corporate America continues to punish the working middle class for doing the jobs that make this country what it is. I guess they have more faith in drones and teleportation than they do a truck and driver.
Do you mean 4 weeks , Highspeeds?