XPO | XPO sends XTO a gift

As far as freight goes , I would rather have a lot and push our system to the max , instead of having a ton of drivers and equipment sitting idle or barely being used because we need freight.

I'd rather to have it and not need it instead of to need it and not have it.

I heard Bloomington, IL had 144,000 lbs given to them yesterday from XPO Logistics that they couldn't get moved. From what Brad Jacobs is saying so far, our future sounds brighter as drivers than listening to the old days of "fat beard" trying to eliminate linehaul. It can't hurt to run our fleet at capacity. They certainly know how to do things profitably.

If it went through XBN it was probably Caterpillar freight. That barn grew from 26 drivers to almost 100 in just a few months because of the Cat account. Better hope XPO keeps Cat around, for their sake.

Would be nice if XPO would go back to the old way of having meetings with drivers to find out what would make the company more efficient. The drivers, P&D guys know how to get the freight out.

xpo has to understand...you cant dump big weight on a barn without notice. you have a finite number of dsr's at night. doubling a barn's outbound is a failing move.

Most of these 3pl's know ahead of time what freight is going to move. A phone call or email shouldn't be an issue. We handle it with extraboard. I don't know how many times I've gone through an eol the next day and picked up freight that didn't move from the night before and it can still make service.

as far as I can tell, too much freight is already a problem. instead of taking on the amount of freight that can be safely handled in a timely manner, ConWay has tried to pack in as much as possible in a day for $$. that's why we need the safe stack system. more more more! that's why most days I'm overweight and stuff is stacked on top of each other to where I have a time getting it moved or off the trailer and can't get all of my stops done before places are closed. happened twice last week. it's not every day, but it's too often.

as far as I can tell, too much freight is already a problem. instead of taking on the amount of freight that can be safely handled in a timely manner, ConWay has tried to pack in as much as possible in a day for $$. that's why we need the safe stack system. more more more!
The more you put on a trailer, the more profit. Every trip back to the terminal is wasted delivery time. Trashing the freight to get more on doesn't make any sense, but it's not management that is trashing the freight. If it can't be loaded damage free, it shouldn't be loaded at all.
Just sayin'.

Had a shipment today at Holland that was from and billed to XPO logistics in Rockford. It was going to a customer we hadn't delivered to in months. Dont recall seeing XPO freight before. Perhaps I never noticed until now that I have heard of them.

as far as I can tell, too much freight is already a problem. instead of taking on the amount of freight that can be safely handled in a timely manner, ConWay has tried to pack in as much as possible in a day for $$. that's why we need the safe stack system. more more more! that's why most days I'm overweight and stuff is stacked on top of each other to where I have a time getting it moved or off the trailer and can't get all of my stops done before places are closed. happened twice last week. it's not every day, but it's too often.

What happened to these "gifts"? Will there be more in 2016?

The Chinese economy is crashing. Our economy is chained to theirs. Not good.

It's an election year. And the candidates are a bunch of clowns. The whole world is laughing at us. Not good.

At this point, the gifts will be attrition. Unless people leave, your situation will not improve unless you leave.

Silver lining ? This guy is stupid rich and incredibly successful. Doesn't matter if you made yours or not, he got his.

So let me see if I understand this. The savior of con-way, the man with all the answers, the man with all of this 3rd party freight, Has drivers that are sitting home. How can that be, is all the freight going to competition? Anybody taking bets on how far this trains goes till it runs out of track? Jacobs is successful at one thing and one thing only, Bundling companies together and selling them, That's all. He has not ran a successful company for any length of time. Yes I know he has made a lot of money, Buy buying and selling not Running.