XPO to buy YRC

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by highspeeds, Oct 31, 2017.

1. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

You have danced around the question "sweetie" just give a straight :censored: answer or go back to quoting yourself

2. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Not going to change my world one little bit.

3. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

the irony in this is hilarious. It’s like certain people are here just to argue. Refuse to answer questions in one thread and refuse to see answers in another.

highspeeds likes this.
  4. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

And he’s not even who I was talking to. Skypilot started going off. I presented a rebuttal full of truth and he gave up. That’s when this guy jumped in talking all crazy.

5. holland68

holland68 Who cares

I don't give up.

6. highspeeds

That’s interesting. What do you think about YRC’s 4th quarter numbers and how they different from your belief of what the numbers should be ?

7. holland68

holland68 Who cares

The 4th quarter was bad but overall they made money.not much but a lot better ,trust me I work for holland,not real happy about being brought into their mess,I pray every day they sell us off,there is enough negativity at this company over this...so we can only hope there is light at the end of the tunnel,and hope that light isn't a freight train.lol

highspeeds, icuicp and troubleman84 like this.
  8. holland68

holland68 Who cares

But also ,I'm not sure I would trust any numbers yrc puts out,they have been nothing but deceitful since day one.they got away with it for awhile,the truth will come out in 2019,no more crying poor.fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me.they will get called onto the carpet in 2019...and trust me there is money there.

highspeeds likes this.
  9. holland68

holland68 Who cares

Yrc,worlds largest ponzi scheme.

highspeeds likes this.
  10. highspeeds

What will you guys do when they tell you because of the refinancing of the debt, that now includes balloon payments to the principle, that they need you to take another 15% pay cut on top of the current 15% and continue to under fund the pension ?

ole man likes this.
  11. ole man

ole man Well-Known Member

That’s my biggest fear or even worse, loading the LTL with debt and letting it collapse. Don’t see it happening but could happen. After all, they have the pencil and paper.

highspeeds likes this.
  12. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

Under NNFA, 15% is maximum allowable. It is doubtful that an additional percentage would be approved by the rank and file under any circumstances.

troubleman84 likes this.
  13. ScotchNeat

ScotchNeat Well-Known Member

And that might just be the point where YRC either folds, gets bought, or folds and then gets bought, whatever.

highspeeds and icuicp like this.
  14. highspeeds

You don't think they will bully you guys with the " vote the way we want or we will close the doors " tactic again ?

icuicp likes this.
  15. highspeeds

The rank and file would have to stop running their mouths and actually do something. They have repeatedly proven that they will vote however the company tells them to.

16. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Of course they will. If you follow the other boards , the rank and file ( at least a good portion of the freight division ) are unhappy and feel sold out by - wait for it - the upper management of the Teamsters.

Lots of freight division people have expressed frustration with the the Teamsters failure to stand up to the freight companies. It is not ALL evil greedy companies taking away pay and benefits - there is also a lack of fight lurking in the Teamsters ( based on what I hear and read )

I wish them well but their leadership has given away almost all of the leverage that they used to have.