XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodge all you want. I ain't trying to catch you. Just pointing out the obvious.
No offense taken .. not dodging anything. Simply stating I like goat cheese and wondering if anyone else does. You might be reading into it too much. Just like my forum name it was a name of a book a young immigrant I was teaching wrote years ago.

Last edited:
Your 401K is now a trust. The plan pays you what the plan deems you to be paid. You are no longer a shareholder. The minimum required by law is all you will get out of the pension. Paid over 60 months. It is no longer a pension. This frees them of all the regulations stipulating how the money is allotted and allocated from a traditional pension plan.

He might buy up a LTL for better buildings in better locations. Some of our barns are very old. And many of them need a great deal of refurbishing. Also, some of them are just in bad locations. Especially for the variety of services provided by XPO. In my opinion it wouldn't be a coast to coast size LTL. It would be a more regional acquisition. More targeted. Something in the Northeast maybe. More access to population dense areas. Maybe something in Texas. Dunno. Just trying to look at things realistically. The human cost is certainly not his domain. He's all about building the company.

I agree on the home delivery. And maybe we see more long boxes. Maybe we don't. Hopefully he keeps us busy and the economy stays strong. One bad turn could get ugly. He's got this thing mortgaged to the max.
Can you explain the first paragraph a little better for me cause I'm not getting it. I'm not sure what your referring to here.
Thanks

No offense taken .. not dodging anything. Simply stating I like goat cheese and wondering if anyone else does. You might be reading into it too much. Just like my forum name it was a name of a book a young immigrant I was teaching wrote years ago.

I can't decide if you are a crack head idiot just looking for attention or a paid stooge trying to get company secrets out of a bunch of drivers that don't know ::shit:: about anything. We have seen all kinds come across this forum. You are definitely an interesting case.

I can't decide if you are a crack head idiot just looking for attention or a paid stooge trying to get company secrets out of a bunch of drivers that don't know :::shit::: about anything. We have seen all kinds come across this forum. You are definitely an interesting case.
None of the above.
It really was a simple question albeit off topic. Sometimes this topic gets a little monotonous at times . Injecting a little levity into a serious topic sometimes helps. I will try to stay on topic. Sorry if I offended you. My bad.

Last edited:
No one knows the exact details of their terminations, so to say it was unjust cause is not accurate.
Time will tell. The union will say that it was because they supported the union. An XTJ told me it was because of the whole hazmat route without having hazmat.

Hey, speaking of goat cheese- the last time we got an update from you there was a negotiating session scheduled for the beginning of June. Anything good happen? Should have been another one this month, too, right? How many agreements do you guys have now?
Early this year I heard they agreed on hot water in the bathroom and non-emplyees are not allowed in the trucks.

Early this year I heard they agreed on hot water in the bathroom and non-emplyees are not allowed in the trucks.

I've also heard they agreed to Thursday paychecks and following Federal anti-discrimination policies.

Maybe Sucker can share some of the other lightning-rod issues being debated in the warmth of a burning pile of money. I can't help but notice that he only talks about the existence of agreements- not what those agreements will actually cover.

We are hoping for a full agreement by late fall.

Now that's hilarious. You're simply following another barn through negotiations, one that has been at the table for years, and no one has discussed pay or benefits yet- and you think you're going to have a full agreement, including those things, in the next 4 months?That's some good cheese.

Your 401K is now a trust. The plan pays you what the plan deems you to be paid.
According to the plan documentation, it's still a 401k- which means it's still my money that will stay with me if I leave the company. The company has nothing to do with the management of the account and they don't control my personal contributions or how I allocate them.

A while back, some of the individual funds changed to trusts- it was a minor administrative change. The plan is still a regular old 401k retirement fund. The plan description is still on the portal for any of us to look at. I think someone got confused about what trust funds are and spread some rumors.

You are no longer a shareholder.

That's true, but who says I want to be? The stocks that have been picked for my account funds have given me a good return- I'm not going to pretend I can outsmart professional investors in the market.

The minimum required by law is all you will get out of the pension. Paid over 60 months. It is no longer a pension. This frees them of all the regulations stipulating how the money is allotted and allocated from a traditional pension plan.

This sounds like another misunderstanding. I read the pension plan summary, too, and it explicitly states that all options pay benefits to the employee until you die. The benefits can change for your beneficiary depending on the distribution you pick, and certain options can reduce your payout, but nothing in that document says you stop receiving your pension after 60 months.

Now that's hilarious. You're simply following another barn through negotiations, one that has been at the table for years, and no one has discussed pay or benefits yet- and you think you're going to have a full agreement, including those things, in the next 4 months?That's some good cheese.
Not hilarious.

As it's been pointed out before , this is a common practice with collective bargaining. Take Ford , GM , and what used to be Chrysler : one is picked for the lead in negotiations , a deal is struck after some time , the others follow with deals much quicker based off of the lead contract that was struck.

What I think is hilarious is someone who has nothing to add to a debate other than troll and quote everyone's post with the company's response.. almost like it was his job. It's getting old that you have nothing to say of your own thoughts that somehow miraculously always follow the company line. Hmm
Let me ask you a question you seem to think you know what's going on with negotiations. Why don't you tell us the agreed points? Are you involved with the negotiations? You seem to think you know everything so why don't you save us the suspense and tell us ?
Will wait

Not hilarious.

As it's been pointed out before , this is a common practice with collective bargaining. Take Ford , GM , and what used to be Chrysler : one is picked for the lead in negotiations , a deal is struck after some time , the others follow with deals much quicker based off of the lead contract that was struck.
He knows that he's just scraping for a reason to make negotiations look fruitless. You are correct on the process. Why would they not do it if it's agreeable.
If company policy was to has everyone drive their trucks into a wall at the end of each day he would defend it and tell how much he likes it. I usually don't pay much attention to his post for that reason .

Last edited:

The hilarity is not that they are following each other. If you look, I was responding to the suggestion that he'll have a deal "by late fall".

But since you brought it up, how many of those autoworker contracts were first contracts for the company? Not just a new plant or a contract renewal, but a clean sheet agreement? That makes a huge difference in the timeline.

Just to be clear negotiations between the union and the company are proceeding in Miami at this time . There are a number of points being negotiated before they move into economics . This is the agreement to schedule between the company as of now.
The union is committed to negotiating in good faith and seeing to that it is done in a timely manner.
I know it is the agenda of a few here to make you believe that this is not the case and what's been agreed upon is trite . Let me assure you the union is aware of stall tactics and other measures that companies take to drag out negotiations. The reasoning for them doing so is to discourage members or anyone thinking of organizing that it's fruitless. Just like them firing employees after union votes for trivial and non existent offenses to discourage other terminals from contemplating organizing. These tactics that companies use the skirt the law .
I would be suspicious of anyones agenda here that consistently points that out . They want you to be discouraged and feel there's nothing that can be done to improve your position.
When I get wind that negotiations break down and hit an impass I can assure you I will post it here but at this point that is not the case.

What I think is hilarious is someone who has nothing to add to a debate other than troll...

Says the guy crowing about sailing, goat cheese and wine. At least I'm staying on topic.

...and quote everyone's post...

Using quotes makes it easier to follow. I can't respond every single day.

with the company's response.. almost like it was his job.

You keep accusing me of that- when are you going to prove it?

It's getting old that you have nothing to say of your own thoughts that somehow miraculously always follow the company line.

Everything I've ever posted here is my opinion. I'm not afraid of saying that I agree with the company when I do.

The hilarity is not that they are following each other. If you look, I was responding to the suggestion that he'll have a deal "by late fall".

But since you brought it up, how many of those autoworker contracts were first contracts for the company? Not just a new plant or a contract renewal, but a clean sheet agreement? That makes a huge difference in the timeline.
Your right Gene. A clean sheet agreement takes longer as your starting from ground zero.

Let me ask you a question you seem to think you know what's going on with negotiations. Why don't you tell us the agreed points?

Nice dodge. I asked you first. I notice you didn't disagree with the points mentioned - maybe all of them are trivial bs that no one cares about?

Are you involved with the negotiations?
As I've already told you multiple times, no.

Says the guy crowing about sailing, goat cheese and wine. At least I'm staying on topic.

Using quotes makes it easier to follow. I can't respond every single day.

You keep accusing me of that- when are you going to prove it?

Everything I've ever posted here is my opinion. I'm not afraid of saying that I agree with the company when I do.
I really do like got cheese and wine. Not sailing I leave that to others
Now I could start talking how much I love sharp cheese with a fine crafted beer..

Last edited:
Nice dodge. I asked you first. I notice you didn't disagree with the points mentioned - maybe all of them are trivial bs that no one cares about?

As I've already told you multiple times, no.
Where would you like negotiations to start ? I would think almost all negotiations start with the day to day points but you know that. Even if there trivial they have to be negotiated. Unless your trying to tell us the company is just stalling by agreeing to small stuff but you wouldn't no that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.