XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name another industry that has an age barrier to get in. 21 for interstate. Many companies require at least 23. Makes that had to recruit out of high school. For many this is a hey i need to find a job, not a first second or fifth career choice. Then look at longevity. once you have that cdl, it isnt hard to switch companies. You doing the same thing, driving a truck. Look around. Many good and great companies will have drivers into their 70s or 80s. We just hired a 64year old. Some reports have the average age at 49 some at 42. Take 23 and 65, 44 is smack dab in the middle.

When I look around I don't see a bunch of 23 and 65 year olds. I see a handful of them and a bunch of 40 somethings.

They all do. I used to talk to them quit a bit in the city. And they don't mind. 20 more hours at $28 an hour is $560. That's a chunk of money.
It's their time and its hard to believe people are willing to settle for little. Time is valuable. Go figure. Time and half would gross them 860.00.
But people still vote for politicians who work against them as a working person. Look how many people think right to work laws benefit the worker I guess the laws name fools them.... brace for impact here they come.

Last edited:
It's their time and its hard to believe people are willing to settle for little. Time is valuable. Go figure. Time and half would gross them 860.00.
But people still vote for politicians who work against them as a working person. Look how many people think right to work laws benefit the worker I guess the laws name fools them.... brace for impact here they come.
XPO Logistics doesn't have traditional after 8/after 40 rules for the entire company , sooo it's not a surprise that most of the competition doesn't have after 8/after 40 rules.

Personally , I believe if the general public was aware of this detail , simple embarrassment at not being like the rest of civilized society would push these companies to fix the disparity.

If I were a company that used the traditional rules company wide , I would use it in advertising to put down my competition for not being fair with their employees. "Hey , we play by the rules , they don't"..."Just because we can shortchange our drivers doesn't mean we will" - you get the point. There's an opening for highlighting a company that does the right thing when they don't have to.

Look at the mattress guy in Houston. He didn't hesitate to the right thing when needed. It cost him , but on the other side he will have THE most loyal customers FOR LIFE.

XPO Logistics doesn't have traditional after 8/after 40 rules for the entire company , sooo it's not a surprise that most of the competition doesn't have after 8/after 40 rules.

Personally , I believe if the general public was aware of this detail , simple embarrassment at not being like the rest of civilized society would push these companies to fix the disparity.

If I were a company that used the traditional rules company wide , I would use it in advertising to put down my competition for not being fair with their employees. "Hey , we play by the rules , they don't"..."Just because we can shortchange our drivers doesn't mean we will" - you get the point. There's an opening for highlighting a company that does the right thing when they don't have to.

Look at the mattress guy in Houston. He didn't hesitate to the right thing when needed. It cost him , but on the other side he will have THE most loyal customers FOR LIFE.
I don't think there would be any embarrassment. The top dogs are proud they can get away without paying overtime in the south. In their circle that is applauded and Wall Street rewards it . It's called cutting cost and as a matter of fact anything a company can show investors that trims cost the stock price all most always will reflect it in a gain. Example : if they can cut long term obligations such as introducing a buyout in our pension Wall Street will surely reward them.

Bastards are cheaping out on everything... I feel for you brother. There's plenty of work out there though. That's not even the ad I was looking for they are looking for a full time in house persuader I saw the job posting but can't find it now. Mabel they filled it . In the ad one of the qualifications is familiarity with the teamsters. Cheers your a good guy. We all do what we have too do to carve out what we consider living including Brad.

Last edited:
Bastards are cheaping out on everything... I feel for you brother. There's plenty of work out there though. That's not even the ad I was looking for they are looking for a full time in house persuader I saw the job posting but can't find it now. Mabel they filled it . In the ad one of the qualifications is familiarity with the teamsters. Cheers your a good guy. We all do what we have too do to carve out what we consider living including Brad.

Do you realize that you just replied to your post with the same profile. If you are going to continue the conversation with yourself at least keep making it appear like you are two different people or even the ones that ain't paying attention are gonna figure this out.

There is a bunch of this about to happen. Amazon does this also. Sends a group of packages LTL to then be delivered to Amazon as one shipment and then sent to residences through their established channels.
There is a bunch of this about to happen. Amazon does this also. Sends a group of packages LTL to then be delivered to Amazon as one shipment and then sent to residences through their established channels.
So I'm trying to figure out how this deal, if it goes through will affect me as a P and D driver. I guess I would be looking at more big, bulky freight on the inbound out for delivery to local, last mile handlers, right?

Do you realize that you just replied to your post with the same profile. If you are going to continue the conversation with yourself at least keep making it appear like you are two different people or even the ones that ain't paying attention are gonna figure this out.
Sorry was replying to someone who like my post. It wasn't meant for everyone.

So I'm trying to figure out how this deal, if it goes through will affect me as a P and D driver. I guess I would be looking at more big, bulky freight on the inbound out for delivery to local, last mile handlers, right?

The way it is currently going, we take a pallet and deliver it to a warehouse. In the near future the independent contractors are supposed to come to our terminal just like Select Comfort, for example. But the last mile thing is the hang up for me. Jacobs is expanding the last mile network. Building and buying terminals. Some of this might eventually be delivered there and then distributed. It's hard to say.

But effect on a P&D guy ? Ummm. A skid of residentials on the dock that you ain't delivering.

The way it is currently going, we take a pallet and deliver it to a warehouse. In the near future the independent contractors are supposed to come to our terminal just like Select Comfort, for example. But the last mile thing is the hang up for me. Jacobs is expanding the last mile network. Building and buying terminals. Some of this might eventually be delivered there and then distributed. It's hard to say.

But effect on a P&D guy ? Ummm. A skid of residentials on the dock that you ain't delivering.
Still going to be cheaper to use Last mile contractors for now until he gets us down closer to their cost. We are a burden financially still plenty of trimming to go on yet. Remember Xpo's business model was built on sub contract and low cost temporary workers. We are not the preferred group of employees. We are too high cost even at this point.

Still going to be cheaper to use Last mile contractors for now until he gets us down closer to their cost. We are a burden financially still plenty of trimming to go on yet. Remember Xpo's business model was built on sub contract and low cost temporary workers. We are not the preferred group of employees. We are too high cost even at this point.
Last mile = flat rate delivery cost with no overhead like fuel, tucks, hourly rate driver, 401k, (lol...did I say that) health insurance, workman's comp, etc. Much much cheaper to use less mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.