XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness Canada and UPS reelected Hoffa, not the freight division. The teamsters have completely sold out the freight division. What the industry needs is a union that only represents LTL drivers and dockmen.
You can blame anyone, but the fact remains, that they keep electing the same people and hoping for things to change.

One time and one time only for your sake I am not a union plant. I am a driver for Xpo.
Did you have to get permission from the head union plant to tell that lie? I would have denied it right away if I was accused of being something I'm not. It took you two weeks.

Those are negotiated terms that are agree too by both sides and the membership voted on it . Im sorry but did we at Xpo have a vote on our 2 tier system because if we did I missed it.

Haha, move those goalposts. All those posts lamenting our unfair compensation, and now it's okay to be "unfair" as long as you vote on it as a union. Since you're okay with tiered compensation, maybe you could take back that comment about how selfish I am. Fair does not mean equal, and you know it.

They (Con-way) and now (Xpo) will continue the degradation of your compensation and have shown you that they intend too by reducing compensation and benefits for new employees. That is the direction they went and you can spin it anyway you want but you cant deny it. They have done it.

No, they haven't. As I pointed out, they haven't reduced our compensation. They reduced benefits for new hires, which you said was bad... until you changed your mind.

You know you got them when they tag team you.

SmETFPa.jpg

Did you have to get permission from the head union plant to tell that lie? I would have denied it right away if I was accused of being something I'm not. It took you two weeks.
You must be more sensitive about things than me . I kinda let stuff like that roll of my shoulder.

You talk about tier system. Well I hate to say it but union contracts do the same thing. I have work at union shops. The one shop had 2 tiers. The other one had 3 tiers. In the contract they call it hired before dates. Yes the benefits and pay were the same, but when it came to holidays, and vacation accrual that were the difference was along with some other stuff. Their were holidays I was working at straight time while some, if they chooses to work got holiday rate. I also have a friend in a union shop that has 3 tiers and his deals with pension and healthcare and reinterment benefits.
You can sit there and call out XPO for this but the unions been doing it for years.
If you don't believe me then why does UPS have a facial hair in the contract. If hired before this date you can have facial hair and everyone after that date can't.
Yet the union preacher fairness and that everything is the same for every employee in the same job title, but yet they do this.
Could you post some facts on what company and what union this was. I find it hard to beleve that you worked a holiday at straight time unless your were in your probation time, I also worked with the tier system the only thing it affected was my pay and time to get to full scale,everything else was the same as the guys ahead of me benefits nothing less for hoidays,sick days etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.