XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of hard to get seniority at a place when one they close there doors or you get layoff and per the contract once you are layoff one year plus one day you are removed from the call back list. I was just giving facts to 00mustang like he ask because he didn't believe it.
I just point out the fact that in union contracts there are tiered employees just like you pointed out on what XPO did. You call them fancy words like concessions.
One of the biggest problem with the LTL industry is seniority. I think a lot of you are pissed off at the point that XPO doesn't care about your seniority just look at you badge, do you see it, they took the employed by date off of it. I have to say thank god because a lot of driver are tired of hearing I been here for XXyears and I deserve special treatment. I seen it in the city and at the FACs.
Your still missing the point Union shops get an opportunity to vote on concessions. We don't.

Kind of hard to get seniority at a place when one they close there doors or you get layoff and per the contract once you are layoff one year plus one day you are removed from the call back list. I was just giving facts to 00mustang like he ask because he didn't believe it.
I just point out the fact that in union contracts there are tiered employees just like you pointed out on what XPO did. You call them fancy words like concessions.
One of the biggest problem with the LTL industry is seniority. I think a lot of you are pissed off at the point that XPO doesn't care about your seniority just look at you badge, do you see it, they took the employed by date off of it. I have to say thank god because a lot of driver are tired of hearing I been here for XXyears and I deserve special treatment. I seen it in the city and at the FACs.
Fly I can almost bet sir with 100% certainty sir if you had any Seniority you would be singing a different tune.
Respectfully

I never understood this. I always thought that when you own or lease a truck you were a subcontractor and signed a agreement on those terms. Now if you didn't like those term why did they sign? Also as a O/O or a private carrier you are not a company employee of XPO just look at our sub-service. Now from what I understand these port driver are contract driver either working as there own company or working for another company that sub contracts with XPO. So how can they be considered employees of XPO?

I never understood this. I always thought that when you own or lease a truck you were a subcontractor and signed a agreement on those terms. Now if you didn't like those term why did they sign? Also as a O/O or a private carrier you are not a company employee of XPO just look at our sub-service. Now from what I understand these port driver are contract driver either working as there own company or working for another company that sub contracts with XPO. So how can they be considered employees of XPO?
Yes I was a little confused by this also till I found out some of them actually lease their trucks from Xpo also . So Xpo controls every aspect of there employment but claims there not employees. I guess the courts felt the same way ruling in their favor.

Fly I can almost bet sir with 100% certainty sir if you had any Seniority you would be singing a different tune.
Respectfully
Well I'm sorry to say that would be a big fat NO. I have all the respect for anyone that comes in and does their job no matter were they are on the seniority list. I have very little respect for anyone that thinks just because I been here for XXyears I deserve special treatment. I have seen it and heard it from drivers senior and junior to me.

Yes I was a little confused by this also till I found out some of them actually lease their trucks from Xpo also . So Xpo controls every aspect of there employment but claims there not employees. I guess the courts felt the same way ruling in their favor.
I guess they should have had someone smarter read the contract they signed. I though it was funny that they were bitching about a contract the willfully signed and agreed to. Plus were are talking about California

I guess they should have had someone smarter read the contract they signed. I though it was funny that they were bitching about a contract the willfully signed and agreed to. Plus were are talking about California
Well not sure what was in their contract that was writen up. But it's obvious that what ever it was , XPO didn't keep their part of the bargain or used it in an unfair way. They've lost 42 million and still loosing.
I'll agree they should have had someone read that contract. I think that's why they are trying to organize. But from i was told and read the company threatened them and refused their petition. That's why the strikes.
But only time will tell the outcome of this.
Self-driving truck's will have alot to do with it.

Well I'm sorry to say that would be a big fat NO. I have all the respect for anyone that comes in and does their job no matter were they are on the seniority list. I have very little respect for anyone that thinks just because I been here for XXyears I deserve special treatment. I have seen it and heard it from drivers senior and junior to me.
Who said anything about speacial treatment. Certainly wasn't me. If someone thinks they are entitled to something outside of the rules or policy or for that matter a contract because of their seniority then that's there own thing . The only thing I think you should keep in mind is if someone has survived 20 or so yrs. with this company I think that's something to respect in its own right because they must have been a safe hard working individual to meet the standards put fourth over the years. I personally have seen hundreds of drivers come and go from my terminal alone because they couldn't live up to the job requirements. I do I think I'm entitled to anything special other than respect for myself and my employer for that.. well I let you answer that one.
I have seen many frustrated superstars below me in seniority over the years feel they are entitled to everything I get from my tenure. I will admit a few could even outwork me because of their younger physical prowness. Should surrender my seniority to them? The truth is most either crash and burn in the process or find some supvisor or manger to stick their nose up their ass to get their way and to honest I have seen that work for them.
I know it's frustrating to be lower in seniority I was when I i arrived he and at other jobs I have held so I know your pain.
Good luck

By the terms of the contract. What I read was they were required to buy company fuel and services, forced dispatch, and other things, forced dispatch was a big factor in the courts decision imo.
It's a real win win for the company. "Employee like " driver without all the added expense like equipment, benefits etc.
These guys start to realize in the end when all their expenses are paid they net very little and Xpo is the winner.
But I forgot .. Xpo would never scam anyone. Silly me.

Who said anything about speacial treatment. Certainly wasn't me. If someone thinks they are entitled to something outside of the rules or policy or for that matter a contract because of their seniority then that's there own thing.
but I and other hear it day in and day out. "I don't have to work the dock I've done it for years" "I've been here for XX years why should I do it" " I've done on time on the dock"

The only thing I think you should keep in mind is if someone has survived 20 or so yrs. with this company I think that's something to respect in its own right because they must have been a safe hard working individual to meet the standards put fourth over the years.
WOW you make it sound like they just serviced a prison sentence. Last I looked the doors were not locked and no one forced them to stay. They stayed by there own choice. Respect is earned not given just because you been here for so many years doesn't gain any respect from me, but you work ethics does.

I personally have seen hundreds of drivers come and go from my terminal alone because they couldn't live up to the job requirements.
I too have seen drivers leave and only 2 were because of job requirements. The other left due to double standards between the top and bottom of the board. I do blame management on that.
The truth is most either crash and burn in the process or find some supvisor or manger to stick their nose up their ass to get their way and to honest I have seen that work for them.
Just like some of the senior guy calling HR and crying like little bitches to get there way.

Here is what pissing of the bottom of the board. A flex guy comes in for a very senior driver because he is on vacation. The flex guy is forced to work 12-14hrs days and is told that is because there are 5 guy on vacation. Now the next week the senior guy is back and he works his 8 and the gate even though 5 guy are on vacation that week too. This is a big double standard I talking about. I also blame management for allowing it. There are those guys that no matter how many driver/dockworks are off still do 8 and the gate. We even had LH drivers forced to work weeks in the city because of this. Yes some have left because of the job requirements but I have to say most left because of this and this is why we can't get drivers. I see it and been told this same bullshit and when you call them out they have nothing to say and they walk away. I remember one week when the bottom 5 or 6 city driver were off man you need a mop to wipe up the tears. I just sat back and laughed the whole time. That's the week some drivers gained my respect and others lost it.

How did they steal your pension in detail?
The fraud and theft of the pension was so bad in the 80's the government had to take control of it. Had the union done their job of looking out for the little guy instead of getting rich on their backs, we might not have an insolvent pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.