XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we both know they make a lot of promises they can't keep.
The union never promised anything that couldn't be done.
Also i like to think I'm smart enough to know that when they tell me the first contract is a bitch. I wouldn't expect to get a contract like the UPS or any other Union shop that has been around for Year's and have worked on having contract and standard.
But having a first contract is the first step in a long road.

The fraud and theft of the pension was so bad in the 80's the government had to take control of it. Had the union done their job of looking out for the little guy instead of getting rich on their backs, we might not have an insolvent pension.
Time past, a CEO’s pay was set on a scale with others in the same organization. This was dubbed “internal equity.” But in the 1980s, a consultant named Milton Rock sold the idea of “external equity.” Now, as if CEOs belong to a tribe of superhumans, they are paid on a scale with only their “peer CEOs.”

That's just in case you missed it on the link i posted...

but I and other hear it day in and day out. "I don't have to work the dock I've done it for years" "I've been here for XX years why should I do it" " I've done on time on the dock"

WOW you make it sound like they just serviced a prison sentence. Last I looked the doors were not locked and no one forced them to stay. They stayed by there own choice. Respect is earned not given just because you been here for so many years doesn't gain any respect from me, but you work ethics does.

I too have seen drivers leave and only 2 were because of job requirements. The other left due to double standards between the top and bottom of the board. I do blame management on that.

Just like some of the senior guy calling HR and crying like little bitches to get there way.

Here is what pissing of the bottom of the board. A flex guy comes in for a very senior driver because he is on vacation. The flex guy is forced to work 12-14hrs days and is told that is because there are 5 guy on vacation. Now the next week the senior guy is back and he works his 8 and the gate even though 5 guy are on vacation that week too. This is a big double standard I talking about. I also blame management for allowing it. There are those guys that no matter how many driver/dockworks are off still do 8 and the gate. We even had LH drivers forced to work weeks in the city because of this. Yes some have left because of the job requirements but I have to say most left because of this and this is why we can't get drivers. I see it and been told this same :horseshit: and when you call them out they have nothing to say and they walk away. I remember one week when the bottom 5 or 6 city driver were off man you need a mop to wipe up the tears. I just sat back and laughed the whole time. That's the week some drivers gained my respect and others lost it.

The more unqualified, inexperienced & incompetent managers put in place, the harder to keep good employees. A GOOD employee won't tolerate non managing managers. Their ******* job is to manage. Follow your own companies rules. You want to **** me off? Bend over backwards for whiny, POS employees.

The more unqualified, inexperienced & incompetent managers put in place, the harder to keep good employees. A GOOD employee won't tolerate non managing managers. Their ******* job is to manage. Follow your own companies rules. You want to **** me off? Bend over backwards for whiny, POS employees.
Now i totally agree with you.
I got this problem at the shop. I just had a long talk with the R Managera bout all the Bollshit going on in the shop. Will see what come's of it.

Believe it or not this did happen and was written in the contract. Just like Stand4afuture said I also was in a union, 2 of them, and like him I also know what they do and don't do.
This was not a geographical location this was union drivers looking out for themselves with no care on the future.
The union was local 639 Washington D.C. and the contract was for the drivers at Giant Food of MD. In that contract when I work there was 2 different parts of hire by dates in which the main focus was on what days were paid as holidays. The one holiday I remember was Good Friday about half the drivers their got 8hrs holiday pay and the day off and if they choose to work they got their OT rate plus the 8hrs holiday pay. For any one else hired after that date it was a standard work day with no holiday pay or OT rate.
In no way did I get a vote. Yes the members of the union did vote on this but like I said they lost nothing and sold the future works down the drain not just once but twice and who know how many time after I was layoff.
Mr Fly and Mr. Stand I never doubted that you were in the union,I myself have been since "76 , I just found it hard to belive something like that was in a contract and I have seen some wimpy contracts, Maybe because I have always been under national contract I based my comments on. You sir are correct that is BS if that is the waay it was written and approved, somebody just looking out for themselves and to heck with new guys that just is not right. As i have no dog in this fight I hope for the best for you all and good luck Now I'll go back to just reading and everybody stay safe

Yes I was a little confused by this also till I found out some of them actually lease their trucks from Xpo also . So Xpo controls every aspect of there employment but claims there not employees. I guess the courts felt the same way ruling in their favor.

This is why you NEVER lease a truck from a company, you go buy it off a dealer lot with your own financing. In my opinion if you're dumb enough to sign an agreement on a lease that heavily favors the company you get what you get.

The union never promised anything that couldn't be done.
Also i like to think I'm smart enough to know that when they tell me the first contract is a bitch. I wouldn't expect to get a contract like the UPS or any other Union shop that has been around for Year's and have worked on having contract and standard.
But having a first contract is the first step in a long road.
When the union has talked to me or my coworkers we're told they can fix all the problems. It doesn't matter what the problem is, the union says they can fix it. We all know they're lying for their own benefit knowing they can't keep the promises.

Time past, a CEO’s pay was set on a scale with others in the same organization. This was dubbed “internal equity.” But in the 1980s, a consultant named Milton Rock sold the idea of “external equity.” Now, as if CEOs belong to a tribe of superhumans, they are paid on a scale with only their “peer CEOs.”

That's just in case you missed it on the link i posted...
It's like you and Sucker are reading the same book when it comes to avoiding my questions.......
I get it. You don't like greedy corporations. So how will inviting the union, a greedy corporation that wants to get rich on my back, help me? How is dealing with two greedy corporations, instead of one, better?

but they still signed it. do people read what they are signing?
This is why you NEVER lease a truck from a company, you go buy it off a dealer lot with your own financing. In my opinion if you're dumb enough to sign an agreement on a lease that heavily favors the company you get what you get.
These guys are not the "I own this son of a bitch" crowd, for the most part they are poorly educated immigrants that were sold a bill of goods by a predatory company. I don't know if it was XPO's business model or if they bought it that way.

These guys are not the "I own this son of a bitch" crowd, for the most part they are poorly educated immigrants that were sold a bill of goods by a predatory company. I don't know if it was XPO's business model or if they bought it that way.
There were several companies that did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.