XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in all fairness Xpo bought some of them that way but they didn't still have to continue operating that way.

Last edited:
These guys are not the "I own this son of a bitch" crowd, for the most part they are poorly educated immigrants that were sold a bill of goods by a predatory company. I don't know if it was XPO's business model or if they bought it that way.

I hate to sound uncaring because I'm not, but if you are in this country, supposedly a legal citizen, shouldn't you be reading all documents pertaining to your work prior to signing? And if you have any questions or concerns any business above board would have no problem with you speaking with an attorney before signing anything. If you don't have the common sense to do these things before signing anything legally binding, I don't really know what to tell you.

Last edited:
I hate to sound uncaring because I'm not, but if you are in this country, supposedly a legal citizen, shouldn't you be reading all documents pertaining to your work prior to signing? And if you have any questions or concerns any business above board would have no problem with you speaking with an attorney before signing anything. If you don't have the common sense to do these things before signing anything legally binding, I don't really know what to tell you.
I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of them that pull containers out of Newark NJ to one of are bigger customers. They are very hard and dedicated workers that worked for a company Xpo bought out. I have not talked to them about the details of their contract to be honest. I had have limited conversation with a couple of them about Xpo since we work for the same company. I do know they liked working for the former company more than Xpo but never asked about any detail as to why. I will ask the next time I encounter them at the customer.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that you and everybody on this board, at one time or another signed something that was not in their favor and it bit them in the ass. These guys were trying to feed their families and were taken advantage of, XPO could change the business model but that wouldn't be as profitable would it?

I'm pretty sure that you and everybody on this board, at one time or another signed something that was not in their favor and it bit them in the ass. These guys were trying to feed their families and were taken advantage of, XPO could change the business model but that wouldn't be as profitable would it?

Yes I have signed something that wasn't in my favor, but I had to deal with the consequences. And I learned my lesson to do better the next time.

I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of them that pull containers out of Newark NJ to one of are bigger customers. They are very hard and dedicated workers that worked for a company Xpo bought out. I have not talked to them about the details of their contract to be honest. I had have limited conversation with a couple of them about Xpo since we work for the same company. I do know they liked working for the former company more than Xpo but never asked about any detail as to why. I will ask the next time I encounter them at the customer.

So they're under a contract? That confirms the fact that they could have rejected it and gone elsewhere? You of all people should be able to be in favor of the ability to reject or accept a contract...

Yes I have signed something that wasn't in my favor, but I had to deal with the consequences. And I learned my lesson to do better the next time.
So your absolving Xpo of any wrong doing? Kind of like a salesman selling a little old lady a car for twice the retail price. Yes shame on the old lady for not doing her homework but also shame on the salesman how took advantage.
It's kinda like Brad Paying a multi million dollar fine to stay out of jail when he ran United Tool rentals and got caught cooking the book to impress investors. Oh, I know that's already been covered here and let's not talk about that anymore. Some how thats ok and we should trust him. The big bad Union had corruption in some of its ranks years ago so there never trust worthy again . It's funny how some people have that perspective.

Last edited:
So they're under a contract? That confirms the fact that they could have rejected it and gone elsewhere? You of all people should be able to be in favor of the ability to reject or accept a contract...
Xpo already lost the case on this so there must have something illegal about it. So your saying the defendants in this case were at fault? I'm not sure what your saying.

Last edited:
Xpo already lost the case on this so there must have something illegal about it. So your saying the defendants in this case were at fault? I'm not sure what your saying.
How much more does he need to explain it. You and others preach about having a CONTRACT and he saying those drivers did. In no way is he arguing the legality of the contract he just saying they had one. The driver had every right to either sign it or not and even have someone's else look over it before they signed.

These will be the same guy that if they ever get a contract that when the non-union barns get a bigger raise then they do will cry foul.
One breath they say contract and the next they say they got screwed

How much more does he need to explain it. You and others preach about having a CONTRACT and he saying those drivers did. In no way is he arguing the legality of the contract he just saying they had one. The driver had every right to either sign it or not and even have someone's else look over it before they signed.
Fly I'm not even sure if this a contractual argument I think ( because of had not read the complaint) this may have been a job classification complaint. I think if what little I have heard is fact the drivers were being classified as contractors and it turned out they deemed actual employees because they had all the obligations of employees. If that makes sense. Someone please correct me or explain better if you know. I will make it a point to read up on it.

Last edited:
So your absolving Xpo of any wrong doing? Kind of like a salesman selling a little old lady a car for twice the retail price. Yes shame on the old lady for not doing her homework but also shame on the salesman how took advantage.
It's kinda like Brad Paying a multi million dollar fine to stay out of jail when he ran United Tool rentals and got caught cooking the book to impress investors. Oh, I know that's already been covered here and let's not talk about that anymore. Some how thats ok and we should trust him. The big bad Union had corruption in some of its ranks years ago so there never trust worthy again . It's funny how some people have that perspective.

No I'm certainly not absolving XPO of wrongdoing, no less than I would absolve truckload carriers who offer a predatory lease purchase program. However, I am not absolving the drivers either. If you can't read/understand a legal document, then I don't know what to tell you. To be in business you have to be smart and careful, a successful business isn't a right. It's earned. Not just through hard work, you have to work smart too.

The union had some corruption years ago?? Like when, last week? Certainly you can't be serious.

What court ruled? In California right? Lots of jurisdictions out there that love to legislate from the bench.

I'm not saying they were at fault, but I am saying if the language in your contract changes and you don't notice or ignore it, you get what you get.

Fly I'm not even sure if this a contractual argument I think ( because of had not read the complaint) this may have been a job classification complaint. I think if what little I have heard is fact the drivers were being classified as contractors and it turned out they deemed actual employees because they had all the obligations of employees. If that makes sense. Someone please correct me or explain better if you know. I will make it a point to read up on it.

Who owns the trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.