XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The membership had the choice through a vote to approve or disapprove concessions . The union leadership does not make those decisions. If Mr.Jacobs decides tomorrow take 2 dollars an hour from you what say do you have ? If he decides to give you .70 cent per hour raise in the spring and raise your health insurance premium the following fall what have you gained ? and what can you do about it ?
Sit a wait it out if you like that is your choice.
So when the former Con-Way took all that stuff away from you guy back in the day were was the union then? You all say Jacobs is taking away all this stuff but fail to realize all the stuff the great Con-way(sarcasm) took from you. Now that we have a new owner that knows how to make a company profitable you think you deserve what the old owner took from you.
Like I said before is it really a vote if a gun is held to you head?

They are waiting on negotiations in Miami to negotiate the remaining non economic points before meeting again as both sides agreed too. We will be moving into economics at the same time.

You posted this on August 14th- two months ago. Have you been to the table again since then? You said you were waiting on Miami to finish the non-economic points so you can move into the good stuff. Are you talking pay and benefits yet, or are you still debating urinal cake flavors?

We are hoping for a full agreement by late fall.

In the words of the great philosopher, Saint Jon de Bon Jovi: "Whoa! You're halfway there." Still think you're going to hash out economics in the next two months? Asking for a friend.

You posted this on August 14th- two months ago. Have you been to the table again since then? You said you were waiting on Miami to finish the non-economic points so you can move into the good stuff. Are you talking pay and benefits yet, or are you still debating urinal cake flavors?

In the words of the great philosopher, Saint Jon de Bon Jovi: "Whoa! You're halfway there." Still think you're going to hash out economics in the next two months? Asking for a friend.
from what I heard they got hot water in the bathroom now there on 1 ply or 2 ply

Their negotiating albeit not to schedule but making progress. There is a week long session coming up. Good to see your still here I thought you might have been on unpaid leave with the fires and all.

Last edited:
So when the former Con-Way took all that stuff away from you guy back in the day were was the union then? You all say Jacobs is taking away all this stuff but fail to realize all the stuff the great Con-way(sarcasm) took from you. Now that we have a new owner that knows how to make a company profitable you think you deserve what the old owner took from you.
Like I said before is it really a vote if a gun is held to you head?
I can tell you the union was at this SC door. That's why the company changed their mind in taking away. Management was having anti union meeting 2 times a week. Showing us movies from the 80's or something.

Because when i asked you before. You answerd.No i haven't done anything. Go back and read your post. What has changed in the past 6 month's that has changed for the better? That you've done?
All i read here is how this company is going to :::shit:::. So thing haven't gotten better.
When you asked me before, it was about work.
WHAT HAVE YOU CONway/XPO DONE TO MAKE THIS PLACE A BETTER PLACE FOR EVERYONE? Not just self interest??
I answered by saying I've done my job.

What was your question?? I must have miised it. Because all I've read from you is how the union stole from you ,how the union doesn't do anything and how the union is greedy? Mind you that what ever answer i give you wont like. Because again you Haven't done :::shit::: to better your life or anyone else's. But go ahead and ask your question again. I will answer it.
In typical union fashion, you move the goal post by making it about my life. I can't tell if you look like an ass or if you are an ass.

:tumbleweed:By the way. Since i just don't sit or stand around ass kissing or kneeling down.
I'm having a big meeting this coming week with top management. I wonder what else i can better??

When you asked me before, it was about work.

I answered by saying I've done my job.

In typical union fashion, you move the goal post by making it about my life. I can't tell if you look like an ass or if you are an ass.
Goooooooaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!
I'm anBIG ASS AHOLE. When people cross me. Oh i'm also bastard.. Just in case you wanted to know.

:tumbleweed:By the way. Since i just don't sit or stand around ass kissing or kneeling down.
I'm having a big meeting this coming week with top management. I wonder what else i can better??
The product your selling must not be that good if you have to insult the people you're selling it to. Will I start putting others down if I sign up?

I can tell you the union was at this SC door. That's why the company changed their mind in taking away. Management was having anti union meeting 2 times a week. Showing us movies from the 80's or something.
did they show you the one were they were calling con-way employees scabs and protesting outside there barn during the teamster strike in the 90s. As we see the union had no concern about you or your pay and benefits back then but now membership numbers and union companies have dwindle there is a change of heart. The unions are after an non-union company because they know non-union companies are crush union companies out of business. It's been going on for years now. The union is no different then any other business out there they need to make a profit and if they don't they will shut down. Just like the one local I was in back in the late 90s. I would like to know how many locals there were back in 1997 compared to 2017?

There is a week long session coming up.
When is it? I want to make sure I put it on my calendar.

Their negotiating albeit not to schedule but making progress. There is a week long session coming up. Good to see your still here I thought you might have been on unpaid leave with the fires and all.

Nah- marshmallows are cheap at Costco and my Wifi works. I'm having a good time.

did they show you the one were they were calling con-way employees scabs and protesting outside there barn during the teamster strike in the 90s. As we see the union had no concern about you or your pay and benefits back then but now membership numbers and union companies have dwindle there is a change of heart. The unions are after an non-union company because they know non-union companies are crush union companies out of business. It's been going on for years now. The union is no different then any other business out there they need to make a profit and if they don't they will shut down. Just like the one local I was in back in the late 90s. I would like to know how many locals there were back in 1997 compared to 2017?
looks like I found my own answer Google it and you shall find. Here the first paragraph from this report. This is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and this is there most current report. in 1997 it was 14.1%

"The union membership rate—the percent of wage and salary workers who were members of unions was 10.7 percent in 2016, down 0.4 percentage point from 2015, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
reported today. The number of wage and salary workers belonging to unions, at 14.6 million in 2016,
declined by 240,000 from 2015. In 1983, the first year for which comparable union data are available,
the union membership rate was 20.1 percent, and there were 17.7 million union workers."

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf

They sure did. They even showed con-way management and x employees pushing each other.
What i don't understand is. If con-way wanted to get rid of the union. Why didn't they do it before the government got involved in breaking up the union and not punishing the companies who closed their door's and reopened under a different name?
I think i posted why con-way didn't file their paper work and didn't show up to the bargaining table. And nothing was done to them.
But in my eye's the employees where(are) at fault for turning against each other.
No workers no company.
But i guess that's going to change soon enough. What company is going to need human worker's when robotic's are going to take over..
??????? Oh wow. I just thought about something??? Can union bust a robot??
Damn their goes my retirement plan. Again..

looks like I found my own answer Google it and you shall find. Here the first paragraph from this report. This is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and this is there most current report. in 1997 it was 14.1%

"The union membership rate—the percent of wage and salary workers who were members of unions was 10.7 percent in 2016, down 0.4 percentage point from 2015, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
reported today. The number of wage and salary workers belonging to unions, at 14.6 million in 2016,
declined by 240,000 from 2015. In 1983, the first year for which comparable union data are available,
the union membership rate was 20.1 percent, and there were 17.7 million union workers."

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf
Do you know how a gang becomes a menacing power?? It sure isn't by having 3 or 5 member's . Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.